Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Tranquilize
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

With Munster's LE shipping. what is everyone think of protecting the lower playfield window. Do you wax the lower playfield window to protect it?
What has everyone done with CFTBL, ACDC, CONGO, Etc?
Magicchiz

#2 1 year ago

Of course. I don't see why someone would avoid it.

#3 1 year ago

I wonder if a sheet of mylar over it would work, especially if it's brand new. I could see how waxing an older game that already might have hazing or scratching would be a better choice, but I could see how mylar on a new game might keep it in better shape long term.

Plus, you won't have to worry about paint removal if you have to pull it up for any reason. Just cut the mylar to shape.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I wonder if a sheet of mylar over it would work, especially if it's brand new. I could see how waxing an older game that already might have hazing or scratching would be a better choice, but I could see how mylar on a new game might keep it in better shape long term.

That's what I would do. Brand new mylar is basically invisible.

#5 1 year ago

Wax anything the ball touches.... except for rubber

#6 1 year ago

I would Mylar brand new. Swap it out every year or two.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside