Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by flynnibus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 11 years ago

why the hell would someone make a bunch of money, just to piss it away on something as useless like invisiglass? Might as well wipe your ass with it if that's the case.

#55 11 years ago

The guys who want a lower number and pay extra to do so, make me laugh hardcore. With pinball, you don't want to first ones out of the line. Think about it. What games are going to have all the problems and defects? The first ones. It isn't until way later they realize certain materials and designs are flawed and fix them. So you get number 1. Great, now you have a ton of crap wrong that someone that waited until the end or even a run or 2 later, they fixed. Some of those issues are major and cannot be fixed such as cloudy windows. Many of you are new and come into this hobby trying to collect it like comics or coins. Doesn't work that way in this world. This is the opposite of any other collecting market out there. Older doesn't mean more valuable. Rarer doesn't mean more value, and early means more problems. Fun factor doesn't always come into play as hype overpowers fun many times.

#62 11 years ago

Oh I know. that's why I laugh at the ones that pay extra for a low number. first off the line, means the one with the most problems.

#67 11 years ago

if they pass on the premium because they didn't get the LE, then they didn't buy the LE to play it and have it. The bought it to hang on to it hoping to flip it for mass cash later. It's the tell tale sign. If your buying to hang onto for 3 or 4 years down the road. If the game is good, when they stop making it, all the models will go up in value. all good games do. But you have to be in for the long haul.

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Not necessarily. There are many people who simply have to have the best of something. Doesn't mean - at all - that they plan to flip whatever that best of something is. They just want the best and if they can't get the best they don't want a lesser version. This isn't just the case in pinball.
Stern may be shooting themselves in the foot on sales simultaneously while they are high fiving themselves on how fast the LE's sold out. The sad thing is they just won't know it.

It's not the best. It's just a little different but plays the same as the premium. You think the art on the LE is built stronger and holds up better? Nope. Think the siderails powercoat is more durable than the premiums? Nope. It's not built even 1% better than the premium. If you want the game, and you want to play it, and you like the toys the premium has to offer over the pro, it's not going to make a whole lot of difference if you like the game, what art is on the cabinet and translite. Plus you save yourself an extra $1000 or whatever it is. I have AC/DC premium, and plays just like LTBR and BIB, do I give a shit if the cabinet artwork is different? Not at all. Plays the same, actually better because I don't have the early run problems the LE's had with windows and what not.

Now if I bought it with the intention to sell it soon, sure I wish it was BIB, but i'm glad it's not, because it would be worth so damn much, i'd rather not have that much cash sitting around in a game. I'd sell it and rebuy a premium anyway.

1 week later
#99 10 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I've come to the conclusion the market has become like the car collector market. People are buying things for their reputation and prominence.. and not their play. The post like the one you are replying to is the tell tale of sign one. Second sign.. the eagerness to pay for high priced Mods. People are looking to BLING out their games more now than ever. The old days of TomW TZ mods look like childs play to people paying $200-$400 dollars for a single mod.
It won't be long before shows will have long lines of games with their glass off.. and playfields up so we can all inspect and oo and ahh over how well the pin has been kept pristine.
Certainly the idea of a cherry game is not new... but what we are seeing now is the rush and volume for that. Stern's LEs play right into that (good for them) and the amount of money chasing mods now shows the eagerness to pimp out in large volumes.
It's like having cars to race... vs having cars to admire or showoff. That's what is happening for a lot of people in the pin hobby now too

unfortunately this is far to true for this forum. They try to outbling each other and have every new title to impress each other. If you added mods before. It was one or two in good taste. Everything wasn't LED'd out and strap every piece of crap you could to a game. Toppers were an afterthought and most through toppers are ugly in the first place. I've never seen so many care about much that doesn't matter. Pinball discussion used to be about bulletproofing your game. Troubleshooting and making the game play better and not break down as easy. Taking a rough game and bringing it back to life.

#102 10 years ago

the problem here I think is camp B is so active. Camp A talk sinks to the bottom so fast, nobody sees it except the poster. and that's 1% of the talk around here.

yes the Tron mod is excellent and tastefully done. One of the better ones out there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/to-those-upset-at-stern?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.