(Topic ID: 212564)

To The Thief That Stole My Plate At TPF 2018

By pinballrebel

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

I can't stand a thief. My wife bought my custom license plates for me years ago. I got a new truck a few weeks ago so she bought me replacement personalized (PINBAL) plates to take the place of my older ones so I could retire them. They had had not even been on my truck a week when some thief decided to steal both it and my (I'd rather be playing pinball) license plate frame right off the back of my truck while it was parked in the parking garage at the embassy suites hotel this weekend.

The thing is, if you would have asked me, I would have hunted around and tried to find one of my old ones for you to have to hang on your wall if you wanted one that bad. You didn't need to steal from me. This is the first time in 25 years in this hobby anyone has stolen from me. I hope you enjoy the plate. Every time you look at it it will remind you of what you had to do to get it.

I alerted the hotel (They have no cameras in the parking garage). I filed a report with Frisco PD (I hated to waste their time but I didn't want a ticket driving home). Monday I will order another set of plates.

The Good Lord will forgive you, and I will too but you ended what was an incredible weekend with my friends and family doing something I absolutely love on a sour note.

Ken
    PinballRebel.com

#2 6 years ago

Not much worse than a thief

#3 6 years ago

Kinda funny to think of all the pinball machines in the backs of trucks there and somebody takes a plate!

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

Not much worse than a thief

Messing with a mans truck in Texas is almost as bad as messing with his wife.

Ken

#5 6 years ago

Sorry to hear that Ken. I HATE thieves with a passion.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballrebel:

Ken

Same here in Colorado!

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

Kinda funny to think of all the pinball machines in the backs of trucks there and somebody takes a plate!

At least they used a socket and didn’t rip it off. Though they did keep the screws as well.

Ken

#8 6 years ago

I hope the low life falls off a ladder hanging your plate and breaks their neck and does the world and pinball a favor. Can't stand a thief.

#9 6 years ago

It’s sad someone wanted some pinball memorabilia so bad they stole your license plates. Hope they don’t ever show them off in their for sale ads, then you’ll know who stole them. Sorry man, that’s low

#10 6 years ago

I would love an old plate to hang in my gameroom if that's possible. PM me I would gladly pay. Sorry this happened.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

I hope the low life falls off a ladder hanging your plate and breaks their neck and does the world and pinball a favor. Can't stand a thief.

That’s a little much. I wouldn’t ever wish anything like that on someone. How about I hope Whataburger messes up his order

Ken

#12 6 years ago

Have you ever considered using some security bolts designed to slow the license plate thieves down?

https://www.amazon.com/Plate-Keeper-Automotive-Security-Fasteners/dp/B014GFB8YG

This is just one example. There’s a ton out there

#13 6 years ago

That’s a bummer man and I’m sorry to hear about it. Some people suck.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

Have you ever considered using some security bolts designed to slow the license plate thieves down?

Other options include using security torx screws or an oddball metric allen wrench screw. On my vehicle, the threads rusted out so I put in stainless bolts and then put wingnuts on the back by removing a piece of plastic trim on the back door.

#15 6 years ago

Sorry to hear - that sucks. I hope that you somehow receive justice and that the thief receives their just retribution for this act.

#16 6 years ago

Everyone knows license plates are the gate way crime to more horrible crimes. But hey if your cool with a messed up burger order than right on.

#17 6 years ago

And why do you assume it was a he. Woman steal too. Kind of sexist in a way don't you think.

#18 6 years ago

They had had not even been on my truck a week when some thief decided to steal both it and my (I'd rather be playing pinball) license plate frame right off the back of my truck while it was parked in the parking garage at the embassy suites hotel this weekend.

Man hopefully you'll find him and curb stomp him, AKA the "Texas Pinball Treat."

#19 6 years ago

Low lifes.

#20 6 years ago

Ken

I think that is pretty much the same in every state.

#21 6 years ago

The Good Lord will forgive you, and I will too but you ended what was an incredible weekend with my friends and family doing something I absolutely love on a sour note.

You're a better man than me as I would not be so forgiving. I hope this person has bad pinball scores and sdtm drains for the rest of his life.
    -Mike

#22 6 years ago

My wife saw a white truck with a pinball plate this morning. If your truck is white the plates were on it around 8:30 Sunday.

#23 6 years ago

Personalized plates are always a target. In the hood they view it as messing up the rich man.

#24 6 years ago

That's so ridiculous. Thieves suck! If anyone knows who did this I hope they man up and out them! Sorry Ken!

#25 6 years ago

This guy has nothing better to do then steal license plates??

#26 6 years ago

At least they used a socket and didn’t rip it off. Though they did keep the screws as well.
    Ken

At least you didn’t get pulled over for no license plate lights, just to find out some ghetto mofo snipped them off to repair his own truck! >.< But yeah, sucks.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

I would love an old plate to hang in my gameroom if that's possible. PM me I would gladly pay. Sorry this happened.

I would but I better hang on to the spare in case this happens again

Ken

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

This guy has nothing better to do then steal license plates??

If he doesn't quit stealing he is going to wind up making them.

Ken

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

My wife saw a white truck with a pinball plate this morning. If your truck is white the plates were on it around 8:30 Sunday.

That was likely Ed's Dodge. He has pinball plates too. He got his after Texas starting allowing seven letters I have a blue truck but thanks for the heads up.

Ken

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

And why do you assume it was a he. Woman steal too. Kind of sexist in a way don't you think.

Actually, in my original post I just said thief I didn't specify. Later on down I did say he but I was using it in a generic sense it could have been a woman for all I know.

Ken

#31 6 years ago

Well, I'll add to the list of things stole, not nearly as bad as the op, but none the less a thief. I went to Home Depot and bout two rolls of duct tape and a roll of plastic. The take was in a bag next to my box of plastic. I was moving pins and what not to my truck, came back in and I had an empty bag next to my roll of plastic. They knew they were stealing, why not just take the whole damn bag? Oh, I know, somebody might recognize it and there might be a receipt in there.

#32 6 years ago

He better be careful to not post in the arcade room thread and leave that plate up. It wouldn't surprise that a low life would do something like that, and I hope it happens.

#33 6 years ago

Did you ask if the garage has security cameras?

Sometimes, I think it is better to park out in the open in plane site - my theory is that there is a greater likelihood of passers by observing the behavior, so maybe that is enough of a deterrent.

Can't believe a fellow pinhead would stoop so low (who else would desire such a plate?)

#34 6 years ago

Your reaction is much healthier than mine would be.
    My hypothetical rage would be useless and damaging only to me.
    Credit for that, and sorry to hear about this.
    It sucks when anything is stolen, but it's worse when its someone in the hobby.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Sometimes, I think it is better to park out in the open in plane site - my theory is that there is a greater likelihood of passers by observing the behavior, so maybe that is enough of a deterrent.
    Can't believe a fellow pinhead would stoop so low (who else would desire such a plate?)

OP’s original post, 1st sentence 3rd paragraph down.

#36 6 years ago

OK, that made me LOL.

Dumb question but can't the DMV just send you a new set?

Ken

#37 6 years ago

it wouldn't matter to me if its a license plate, a pinball machine or whatever.... i wouldn't forgive anyone for messing with my stuff, period. that sucks man, sorry it happened to you.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes, I asked....no cameras....

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

OK, that made me LOL.
    Dumb question but can't the DMV just send you a new set?

Yes, I'll have the other thieves in the state penitentiary make me a new set.

Ken

#40 6 years ago

Sorry to hear that.
    Who the hell is so desperate that they steal license plate covers???
    Hope they find the pud that did it.

#41 6 years ago

Unreal, that's friggin terrible.

#42 6 years ago

I have an alibi!

#43 6 years ago

Bastassegges

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

I had a woman steal my heart once; Then she threw it out like it was a piece of garbage. Coincidentally, she's in Texas these days.

#45 6 years ago

Liars and thieves....can't stand them.

#46 6 years ago

One of my favorites next to Everyday is Halloween. Weird right.

#47 6 years ago

Mr Bally your a lucky man if it only happened once. Been there and have the t-shirt and matching coffee mug

#48 6 years ago

Something like this seems stupidly silly. Normally the plates are stolen by lowlifes to be reused in nefarious ways such as swapping onto a stolen car or a car that is to be used during a crime. Well obviously you are not going to steal an easily remembered vanity plate for that. So instead suppose it’s all because you are a pinball fan, then you see this plate and you get so excited about how cool it is that you commit a crime and steal it. Why? What are you going to do with it? Hang it in your game room? Why steal when for like ten bucks you can just buy one for God’s sake?

http://www.customplatepros.com/State-Plate-Designs_c_1.html

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

being that it was about 500 to 1 men over women, I would take that bet!

#50 6 years ago

Just have him make you another one once he gets caught! lol

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/to-the-thief-that-stole-my-plate-at-tpf-2018?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.