(Topic ID: 250754)

To the people that offer more than asking price...

By Shredso

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

chil (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

I've had that happen but it is what it is. Something's value is what someone wants to pay. But a deal is a deal and in today's world many people's word on "sold" means nothing. I've turned down more $$ to honor the 1st to commit, but I'm old school. If you can pick up that day, it's yours at asking price cash on glass or hold with deposit.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

I never said it was a new problem. People not having integrity to follow through seems to be getting worse though, as well as having any common courtesy. I'm just one of those that if I made a deal with someone, I don't screw them over - no matter how much is offered. If I had to back out of a deal I would at least bother to send a message, not like the F@$ktard that didn't show up on me not once, but TWICE. Fu@k shitty people.

Agreed. Bottom line to me, if you list it at XXX price and you get a buyer who agrees and will show up the same day with cash, you sell it at that price. Pretty simple. The way the world worked for the last 50 years I've bought stuff. I don't give a rat's azz if you got a better offer, you should of researched better and priced accordingly. But when you say "it's yours" if you hand me cash today, that's it. Honor the commitment. I've passed on 100's of $$ from 2nd & 3rd in line because if your word isn't enough your not worth me dealing with you ever. Dickhead sellers aren't worth my time nor will I get in a "bidding war" over a priced game. I'll walk and wait for the next one.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/to-the-people-that-offer-more-than-asking-price?tu=tomdrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.