(Topic ID: 250754)

To the people that offer more than asking price...

By Shredso

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

chil (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shredso.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

You suck. Several times this year I've found decent priced pins on Facebook classified, responded quickly, agreed on the full asking price, agreed on a time to meet and had them back out last second. All but one of the times the agreed meeting time was the same day. You morons offer more than asking price, then they suddenly think they have a gold mine. Then you see it listed at ebay price a few days later. Shame on the sellers for not honoring the deal as well.

#7 4 years ago

Obviously not end of the world stuff here, just irritating people don't stick to their word. And irritating that people entice them to not stick to their word. I've often times offered a little more cash after the fact seeing the item was in the condition described and complete. Nobody has ever accepted more money. It happened a few weeks ago with a bass guitar.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Isn't it possible that OP's open letter to pinball buyers was intended, not to catch the eye of the specific person that outbid him, but as a general gripe perfectly in line with your "it's a pinball forum" clause? Sure, we've all had this same conversation ten or twenty times before, but so it goes on any hobbyist's forum.

I never intended the person that outbid me to see this, just venting on a pinball forum about a something foolish. Yes, in the end it's only pinball. I've snagged lots of deals over the last dozen or so years, hopefully will find a handful more over the next dozen years. I know better than to get excited about a purchase until it's in my car, but sometimes you get a little miffed anyway.

I'm glad to see most people see it my way. A deal is a deal. To the guy saying he offers his higher than listed price "if it's still available", this no different than offering more money to buy it from under someone. It's enticing them. If your wording helps you sleep at night, that's fine.

I much prefer Facebook over Craigslist. I can spy on their profile and vet the buyers/sellers. There are many people I won't respond to based on their profile and I bet it saves me a lot of hassle. Craigslist was totally blind.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shredso.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/to-the-people-that-offer-more-than-asking-price?tu=shredso and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.