(Topic ID: 250754)

To the people that offer more than asking price...

By Shredso

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

chil (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 4 years ago

Pinkind has long debated the philosophical question; Which came first, a "people keep offering more money!" thread or a "are we in a price bubble?" thread.

The truth is, we may never know.

This has always happened in this and every other hobby. This has always happened in pinball and will always happen as long as there is a pinball hobby.There is nothing you can do about it.

Mark those sellers off your list and keep looking, eventually a deal will work out for you.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I am not saying you have done this but we have to face the facts, there is not much character left in this hobby.

You can't consider someone on craigslist with one game in their house "in the hobby."

These are people who (mostly) aren't going to turn down extra money for the one game they have owned or will ever own. You can make as many angry posts here as you want, they aren't going to read them.

Quoted from Azmodeus:

Are friends electric?

LMAO that crazy wig on Gary's head has always amazed me.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from C_Presley:

I don’t find anything wrong with offering more, for me it’s the “flippers” who drive me nuts. All it does is make pins cost more for people who genuinely collect and play them. All they do is stalk craigs or marketplace to get the deal before you, pick it up and charge 1500 more. Now if you’re into repair and restore that’s one thing, just to make money over hobbiest is another in my opinion.

I don't understand why anybody cares about any of this stuff.

About 98 percent of people here are "flippers." When was the last time you asked less for a game than you bought it for, unless you were desperate and knew you weren't going to profit?

You can rationalize it any way you want ("I put on superbands!!!") but we are all the same. People love venting about buyers, sellers, flippers etc. etc. but it doesn't change the fact that there's only so many games and a ton of people looking for them. I'm sure it's the same in any hobby that involves buying and selling stuff.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

My neighbor is selling his home. He and his realtor agreed upon a price with a buyer approximately 5 days ago. Yesterday, they received an offer of 185K over the original offer. At this time, no contracts have been signed.
    What should he do?

He should accept the offer for 185K over and sign it with a smile on his face.

I think we've found the one subject that is cargument-proof!

Oh wait, except for classic cars. NOOOOOOOO!

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

But Levi, dear lord, he would no longer be a man of his word!

chil (resized).jpgchil (resized).jpg
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

It's been a while since I last bought a house, and I'm sure it varies from state to state, but my recollection was that the buyer and seller exchange written, time-limited offers, which become binding once accepted and signed (or e-signed, since everything's electronic these days) by the receiving party. If they're not even at the stage of exchanging written offers and have just verbally been discussing price, there's no "deal" and your friend shouldn't feel the least bit bad about going with another offer. If the first buyer wanted the house, he should have submitted a written offer and got it signed, instead of dicking around for 5 days.

And this illustrates the "gray area" that occupies many pinball deals.

We have no idea what the OP is whining about. His "we had a deal" may be the seller's "Who knows if this guy is going to show up and I have a guy who wants to come today with cash."

It's all so pointless. Just relax people. Deals happen, sometimes they don't, stop wasting keystrokes on it. Nobody cares.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Well clearly people do care as its one of the top threads right now... that and if you didn't care, you wouldn't have wasted the key strokes over it.

Really? So you care - you have a deep vested interest - in the OP's tragic failure to seal a pinball deal, and his quixotic and absolutely pointless effort to make sure the guilty party knows that "you suck?"

This is keeping you up at night?

If you are gonna invoke the dumb "you care because you posted" clause, i'm gonna invoke the equally tired "it's a pinball forum, we talk about stuff" clause.

CHECKMATE SUCKER!

(soon to be followed up by the "take it to PM!" cliche)

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Isn't it possible that OP's open letter to pinball buyers was intended, not to catch the eye of the specific person that outbid him, but as a general gripe perfectly in line with your "it's a pinball forum" clause? Sure, we've all had this same conversation ten or twenty times before, but so it goes on any hobbyist's forum.

Goddammit!

OK you may be right.

So where does that leave us? Can I still say "nobody cares?" I mean that's a value judgement not a fact. Seems permissible.

I'm also not really noticing any actual "caring." Most people just want to go off on a tangent about how shitty sellers or buyers are, nobody really seems emphatic about the OP's issue.

Quoted from koji:

Can't recall the title, one of the car themed EMs with a flipper in the middle that rotates? Thought was to grab it for the raffle.

Stock Car/Road Race. One of the worst games ever made.

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

You don't like the thread discussion?..You have the freedom to bail and drain the topic.

I also have the freedom to bitch about it. See the often invoked "it's a pinball forum!" clause.

Quoted from wayout440:

People that don't care, or don't speak up when they do are a large problem in many facets of the world today, not just pinball.

Really? So this is a new "problem?"

As far as I know people have liked money since the dawn of time. I seriously doubt that someone not complaining about losing out on a pinball deal would somehow contribute to the further decline of society.

I get that people like to "vent." So that's cool. Well it's a twofer, they get to "vent" about not getting a pinball machine and I get to vent about being annoyed for the 788th time over 20 years by a thread like this. Everybody is happy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/to-the-people-that-offer-more-than-asking-price?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.