Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by garman411
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Guy keeps putting 4 players on the machines and walking away. Stop doing that you weirdo.

#2 11 years ago

That's pathetic. I've seen kids do it, but not adults.

#3 11 years ago

Too old too soon...too smart too late.

#4 11 years ago

Yeah, these kids nowdays take these drugs and don't know what they're doing....

#5 11 years ago

Maybe his brain is paying for what he did in the 70s.

#6 11 years ago

If it is too loud, many people can't hear the player ding.

And if the bulb flashing "Player 1" is out, of if they are not familiar with how the player number is displayed. .....

#7 11 years ago

Waste not, want not! I'll play his remaing moneys worth.

#8 11 years ago

Now if you actually said this to the 50 year old weirdo, perhaps some progress could be made?

#9 11 years ago

Here is my similar experience at Texas Pinball Festival this year. Man is in his late 40's / early 50's with his son in his late teens. I get in line behind them as they are in the middle of playing BBB. I wait 10 min for their long ball times. They finish their game, stare back at me with me smiling. They turn back around and start a FOUR player game. I just walked away instead of saying anything or getting into it with them. I figured I had a few days left in the festival to get back to the BBB. I never did get to play it this year because I forgot.

#10 11 years ago

That room is a mess right now.

#11 11 years ago

The room is much much better right now!

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I just walked away instead of saying anything or getting into it with them. I figured I had a few days left in the festival to get back to the BBB

I would have let them have it with both barrels. But I suppose you showed some class.

#13 11 years ago

Just flip the game off then on again. That'll clear it.

#14 11 years ago

There was one guy at MPE that was playing 4 player games all by himself on EVERY game he played. The first time I nicely instructed him on proper etiquette and he got pissy and walked away in a huff. The second time he did it in front of a nice family of four and then started to load up another as soon as he was done. Later i saw him instructing his daughter to do the same thing. After he walked away i let his daughter know that just because her father has poor manners that she does not have to be like him and it is OK to do the right thing and only play one player games.

He obviously is incapable of learning or caring but i think i made an impact on his daughter.

#15 11 years ago

He might have O.C.D. LOL

#16 11 years ago

Had a guy doing this to my game last year while people was waiting to play.

I finally walked up and cut the game off while he was playing and told him to take a hike.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

There was one guy at MPE that was playing 4 player games all by himself on EVERY game he played. The first time I nicely instructed him on proper etiquette and he got pissy and walked away in a huff. The second time he did it in front of a nice family of four and then started to load up another as soon as he was done. Later i saw him instructing his daughter to do the same thing. After he walked away i let his daughter know that just because her father has poor manners that she does not have to be like him and it is OK to do the right thing and only play one player games.
    He obviously is incapable of learning or caring but i think i made an impact on his daughter.

What kind of ass teaches his kid to have complete disregard for other people? I suggest shows should have signs up explaining how to be a human.

#18 11 years ago

I have no idea what would possess someone to do this on a game set to free-play? Other than... they can!

Many times I've put $2 in a machine and got 3 credits that I've played simultaneously, but I was the only one waiting.

Sucks when you have 1 good ball on each game, but it rules when you hit 2 to 3 REPLAYs at once!

#19 11 years ago

I hate when people do this.

....except when I bring an EM to a show. All I want is four player reel cleaning for the entire show.

Mark

#20 11 years ago

I have seen this type of behavior at every pinball show I've ever been to, but it's only ever one or two guys that do it out of hundreds of people.

What I don't understand is not posting official, simple, reasonable Rules Of Play with the added "If you violate these rules you will be asked to leave with no refund".

Simple. Easy to understand. Fair.

Makes the day enjoyable for everyone.

Some people really are just selfish dicks.

RussMyers

#21 11 years ago

Hearing stories like this, makes we wish there was a cost effective way of putting token mechanisms in every machine for a show. Give everyone a bunch of tokens (could be generous) with their admission. That would make these problems go away.

Unfortunately I just don't see that happening.

Any idea what that would cost? I suppose the show organizers could eat the cost one year, put them in, take them out again, store them for next year. From most of the complaints I read from every show, it might not be the worst investment.

#22 11 years ago

I didn't see much in regards to machine hogging at MPE. I did walk up to a few machines with multiple player games started, which were just left mid game.

I saw a couple of really excited kids start a game, play one ball, and then walk off to start another.

The man and son in front of my group waiting to play WOZ accidentally started a four player game, but they just let the player 3 and 4 balls drain.

The funkiest thing I saw at all of MPE was the insane prices on the games for sale.

The $2995 Stargate took the cake.

#23 11 years ago

This happened to me at Allentown last year on a TAF and Riverboat Gambler. Overall most folks were very nice, just those two individuals stuck out. Never did get to try out Riverboat Gambler, hopefully one will be there this year.

#24 11 years ago

some guy monopolized afm at the open house at shark club in December. watch home play probably five games with my girlfriend and I standing right behind him. finally I said something. shouldn't have had to. he got mad. btw games were set up for free play. there are classless people in all walks of life.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I believe this is the same guy, how annoying.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/to-the-50-year-old-something-that-keeps-putting-4-players-on-machines-at-mpe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.