Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PappyBoyington
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I'm taking my really nice White Water to MPE this weekend. It's such a fun game but I could use the space and money. Not sure what to do. I play it more than any of my BW games and I'll probably never find a unrestored game in better shape. Maybe I'll cancel my Hobbit pre-order! That'll give me the space. Ah crap these first world problems are killing me.

#2 4 years ago

You will regret it. You may never see bigfoot again.

#3 4 years ago

I love White Water, I do not think I could let it go easily, and have had some convincining offers. I would let Mustang, Xmen or Attack from Mars go before it, if it were me. Very nice collection BTW.

#4 4 years ago

WHITEWATER!!!!

#5 4 years ago

Don't do it. I came close recently to trading mine towards a MM. It fell thru and everytime I play WH20 I am glad to still have it.;

#6 4 years ago

I regret selling mine. I sold it before it hit its high point and probably will never own one again because its so pricey now. Don't make the same mistake I did.

#7 4 years ago

I sold mine and miss it a lot less than I thought I would. That said, its a great game!

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from JamesH007:

I love White Water, I do not think I could let it go easily, and have had some convincining offers. I would let Mustang, Xmen or Attack from Mars go before it, if it were me. Very nice collection BTW.

Thanks. AFM is my grail so it isn't going anywhere. Of my Sterns right now, TWDLE would be the first to go.

#9 4 years ago

I own one, and wouldn't think of selling it. Hell, I still plug quarters into White Waters I find in the wild. Which are few and far between.

#10 4 years ago

DON'T DO IT! I sold mine and regretted it instantly. Luckily I was able to buy it back. It's here to stay

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

DON'T DO IT! I sold mine and regretted it instantly. Luckily I was able to buy it back. It's here to stay

Especially after I LED'd it

One day I will get this game back in my lineup, don't part with it.

#12 4 years ago

Of my 6 pins, White Water is the pin that i always seems to go the longest in between playing. Mostly because the other 5 pins tend to rotate and I'm always playing the most current pin.

As the days go buy I'll start to think maybe White Water is the next to trade, leading to playing a few games. Once that happens I find that humor of White Water always reminds me why I love it so much. I'll go 1 or 2 weeks before playing anything else. Don't rush into selling it. Take a break form it for a couple of weeks, I'm guessing when you pick it back-up you will end up selling the game i thought was my favorite until I owned it for awhile AFM.

#13 4 years ago

Is this a thinly veiled FS/FA thread?

#14 4 years ago

Let Mustang or Xmen go first.

#15 4 years ago

Don't sell it, "Ya wiener!"

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

Is this a thinly veiled FS/FA thread?

LOL. I'm not that subtle. This kind of feedback is what I was afraid of!

#17 4 years ago

I regretted selling mine..... Don't sell. Even some of my friends still mention that game.

#18 4 years ago

Do it, demand is high right now. You won't get a better price for it than now.

#19 4 years ago

Don't sell it, ya weiner!

#20 4 years ago

I let mine go a few years back for the same reasons (space and $). If I had it to do over again it would have put it in the middle of the living room and got another job!!

KEEP IT!

#21 4 years ago

If its your most played B/W game, I would say no.

That said I couldn't get rid of WH20 fast enough. One of my least favorite from that era.

#22 4 years ago

Thats a title that seems to only be going up in price - if you're playing it and like it, then it would be wise to keep it.

#23 4 years ago

Don't sell it if you play and enjoy it so much.
You'll regret it and not find a nicer one - and only find worse that are more expensive which will make you regret the decision to sell even more..
In the first post I only read things to keep it and not one good reason to sell..

#24 4 years ago

Cancel hobbit

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I'm taking my really nice White Water to MPE this weekend. It's such a fun game but I could use the space and money. Not sure what to do. I play it more than any of my BW games and I'll probably never find a unrestored game in better shape. Maybe I'll cancel my Hobbit pre-order! That'll give me the space. Ah crap these first world problems are killing me.

Read your own post. You play it more than any othe BW title. Never EVER sell a game you enjoy playing unless there is a really good reason. This hobby is about playing pinball. All the rest of it is just fodder. Machine values, comparisons, garbage. If you enjoy playing the game, don't sell the game! Sell something else, or cancel your preorder.

Take a long term view of your collection. If you cancel Hobbit, it doesn't mean that you won't own one in the future.

#26 4 years ago

I've had dozens of games and WH2O is the only one I sold and missed it so badly I bought another within three months. There simply is no other game like it.

#27 4 years ago

White water is what got me into pinball.

I still don't own one, but would love to have one in my collection. It's the ultimate 90's pin for me. Every time I play it I'm like, "Damn, it's just so 90's...".

#28 4 years ago

I cant see me ever getting rid of mine, don't do it

#29 4 years ago

Just too good of a pin. Classic Williams stuff, produced during their heyday. Keep it man.

#30 4 years ago

Last night, I told my ten year old daughter what I was thinking of doing and she yelled "NO!!!"

Issue decided. Thanks for all of the input.

#31 4 years ago

That's one smart daughter you have!

#32 4 years ago

Glad you listened to your daughter. Whitewater is a unique and fun pin that is getting hard to find. You have a lot of Sterns that are not as desirable and common - sell one of those.

#33 4 years ago

keep games you love and forget buying anything new. you can always play them somewhere else.

#34 4 years ago

I would sell it if you have other opportunities to play it in your area. I would never consider owning on long term, for that specific reason. I like to play it a few times a year... but after a few hundred games one it, it seems that there are only a couple ways to score 300 mil+ points and really get ahold of the game. I see the game at shows quite often and get my fill playing it in league and at shows. I feel the same about CFTBL as well. It's a great game but not one that I can play again and again and still enjoy after the first few hundred games on it.

#35 4 years ago

They are really hard to find in nice, unrestored condition. The game was so good that they seemed to get played to hell on route. The unrestored ones I've seen usually have planking, or a good amount of playfield wear, or a bubbling topper, or a faded cab on one or more sides. None of those are easily fixed. Nice toppers are crazy expensive and rare. The nice silkscreened decals from Phoenix Arcade are long gone too. I don't think I'll ever sell mine.

I get what Snyper2099 is saying but I'm not one of those guys who plays solely for points, or solely for "winning" the game. My play-style tends to be to work up the raft levels and all the while trying to maximize my points depending on the oportunities presented, and if I'm lucky complete vacation planner along the way. I don't get into the drudgery of always trying to complete the River letters in a methodical way, or always trying to set up 5x jackpots. It's just not fun to play that way. So, it never really gets old for me. Go with the flow! It's more fun to play that way.

#36 4 years ago

double post

#37 4 years ago

Tuffy man! It's such a classy game, but if you need more stuff, sometimes you have to part with them.
Maybe get rid of the IJ? Tough call either way.

#38 4 years ago

Sometimes you sell for the greater good

Sometimes you jump before your ready

if in doubt don't bring it at all ...

#39 4 years ago

I bought a WH2O from a buddy who knew a buddy ans so on. He knew I was in to pins. I bought for 1,400 and put 4'200 for 5,600 and is like new. Absolutely will never sell. I do my own restorations.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Last night, I told my ten year old daughter what I was thinking of doing and she yelled "NO!!!"

Or you could tell her you could get her that thing she really wants if you sell it. Then she would say "Sell it daddy"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside