Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by wesperron
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpeg

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

Just FYI I am letting the .net address expire very soon. No need to hold a grudge etc. So if you want it great.

Hope you have all been well.

BD

#2 12 years ago

Hey BD!

#3 12 years ago

Wow! What's up, BD? I hope all is well.

#4 12 years ago

Welcome back BD.

#5 12 years ago

Sure hope you're staying awhile

#6 12 years ago

Glad to hear from you BD!

#7 12 years ago

BD, thanx for stopping in...sure miss your expertise!!! Wish ya well!

#8 12 years ago

Hey BD, good to hear from you, hope all is well! Thanks for the offer. If you want to, you can transfer the domain to my account to avoid it falling in the hands of some dodgy spammer.
    To do this, simply unlock it and then e-mail me the domain transfer code ( see http://support.godaddy.com/help/5555?locale=en )

#9 12 years ago

Thanks for the hello's from all. Been gone a long time. I just wanted to let him know it was coming up next month and I won't be renewing it via Go daddy. I've had a lot of good times here and made many friends but went away a long long time out of respect for my indiscretions.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Hey BD, good to hear from you, hope all is well! Thanks for the offer. If you want to, you can transfer the domain to my account to avoid it falling in the hands of some dodgy spammer.
    To do this, simply unlock it and then e-mail me the domain transfer code ( see http://support.godaddy.com/help/5555?locale=en )

Just gonna let it expire .. don't want to spend the money to do the transfer. I just wanted to make an account and let you know it was not going to be renewed. I turned off auto-renewal on that address. If you want the .net you can order it via your choice of provider when it expires and becomes available. Thanks for not just blowing my new login account away asap.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from Brokedad_:

went away a long long time out of respect for my indiscretions.

One great things about human beings is that we not only have faults, we can be forgiven.

I would certainly welcome you back with, well, big hairy, gorilla open arms.

Do as you wish sir. Great to know you're still alive and kickin' either way..

#12 12 years ago

Ah, I think you misunderstood, I will pay for the transfer because the domain's going to my account. But before I can buy the transfer the domain name needs to be "unlocked for transfer" by you and I need to enter the domain transfer code. Won't cost you anything but a couple of minutes. Hope that makes sense. Thanks.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from Brokedad_:

Thanks for not just blowing my new login account away asap.

Now why would I do that? If you'd asked you could have had your old account reactivated - no grudges here

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Now why would I do that? If you'd asked you could have had your old account reactivated - no grudges here []

Would love to see Brokedad back,He really added a lot to this site!

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Brokedad_ said:Thanks for not just blowing my new login account away asap.

Now why would I do that? If you'd asked you could have had your old account reactivated - no grudges here

That is up to you on the old account .. the domain forward has been re-directed to here today. It expires on 4/17/2012 FYI if you want to put in an autobuy for it etc.

#16 12 years ago

Hello BD, nice to see ya back!! Hope you hang around for awhile i need time to pick your brain alittle.

#17 12 years ago

Hey BD, glad you stopped in to say hi. Hope things are well with you! I also have a list of things to pick your brain on, if you decide to stay around.

Oh boy, now I have to go and prioritize my questions for you

Edit: hey, this is Bigbill55, changed my name, to match my pinball playing skills

#18 12 years ago

I dunno, something is fishy. If Brokedad really wanted to help out Robin, why wouldn't he just PM him instead of airing this all out in public? He seems unwilling to really help him get the domian transfered and basically alerted any prick who wants to snipe it away.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I dunno, something is fishy. If Brokedad really wanted to help out Robin, why wouldn't he just PM him instead of airing this all out in public? He seems unwilling to really help him get the domian transfered and basically alerted any prick who wants to snipe it away.

+1

I thought the same thing.

#20 12 years ago

I hope you are wrong. I will give the guy a break and disagree. I may have a tendency to look past things that seem fishy but I am certainly not going there with this one.

I pray to not be the fool.

Out...

#21 12 years ago

From the looks of your Avatar you can't seem to smell things that are fishy either!

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

f Brokedad really wanted to help out Robin, why wouldn't he just PM him instead of airing this all out in public?

Totally agree, Pinside would suffer if this idiot were to return.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinb0t:

Pinside would suffer if this idiot were to return.

Man, I'd hate to think about what you thought of me pinb0t...

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from Brokedad_:

I've had a lot of good times here and made many friends but went away a long long time out of respect for my indiscretions.

Before my time and I don't know Brokedad or his indiscretions. But that's a grand admission to make on a public board. And it takes a good person to state it along with a self imposed exile. I'd say there are many positive lessons to be learn for all.

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Man, I'd hate to think about what you thought of me pinb0t...

I have no issue with you Nimble, just hate trolls that's all. If this guy wanted to figure out this domain thing then just email Robin about it. Obviously he's just trying to stir things up.

#26 12 years ago

Who is Brokedad ?

Jim

#27 12 years ago

Good to see you again BD.

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Who is Brokedad ?

Jim

Nimble your up.

#29 12 years ago

He was our Pinside patriarch, a perverse personality with tech skills for days. One of the main reasons I joined Pinside in the first place.

images.jpegimages.jpeg

The "Wang" to my Yin...

I sure hope this isn't a joke. Even though there are those out there that disliked BD's style, he still helped everyone out at the end of the day. I can understand the suspicion with this thread being all out in the open and such. Maybe BD's just gauging the reactions to see if he really wants to come back... He is still our reigning "Drama King" after all!

Miss Ya' BD!

#30 12 years ago

Can't live in the past. I can't undo the mistakes I've made (I think I made one once), I can only learn from them and move on.

Hope you return BD, there are some things I could really use your help on. I have some issues with pins. I do keep eyeballing the sledgehammer, but that's in case of emergency only.

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

The "Wang" to my Yin...

Attachments

Isn't it the Ying to my Yang?

#32 12 years ago
    Quoted from ThePostmaster:

I do keep eyeballing the sledgehammer, but that's in case of emergency only.

OH NO! Back on topic,I would like to see BD back too.

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from ThePostmaster:

Isn't it the Ying to my Yang?

Not in BD's wheelhouse...

#34 12 years ago

Great, now I have that song stuck in my head!

#35 12 years ago

Postmaster BACK away from the sledgehammer.

#36 12 years ago

For those who are newer to Pinside, Brokedad was a prominent member of this forum and a moderator as well. After a series of unfortunate events, BD asked robin to close his account. That was five months ago.

For the people that are already getting up in his grill, I ask you to please refrain. There is absolutely no reason to start throwing around words like "idiot" and "troll". The fact of the matter is that BD gave a lot to this site and helped many people. It sounds to me like he wants to put the past behind him, and I think we should give him an opportunity to do just that.

#37 12 years ago

No need for name calling

#38 12 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Brokedad_ said: I've had a lot of good times here and made many friends but went away a long long time out of respect for my indiscretions.
    Before my time and I don't know Brokedad or his indiscretions. But that's a grand admission to make on a public board. And it takes a good person to state it along with a self imposed exile. I'd say there are many positive lessons to be learn for all.

I was always more impressed by those who lived a life with no need to apologize than those that did graciously when needed. Not saying that I am the latter but am still striving for it. Ommmmm.

#39 12 years ago

The BD resurrection! It's like old times.. and it's almost Easter too. He walks among us.

#40 12 years ago

Let the melodrama commence.

#41 12 years ago

I remember BD's great avatars

#42 12 years ago

i dont think anyone remembers why he left. just come back and be done with it. its just a forum.

#43 12 years ago

You guys better not gush like this when TheJesus returns.

#44 12 years ago
    Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

i dont think anyone remembers why he left. just come back and be done with it. its just a forum.

I certainly do. It was for being just as disingenuous as he's being in this thread.

#45 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

TheJesus already left? I swear you don't log in one day...

#46 12 years ago

I personally would love to see Brokedad return. Don't know him very well, but he was always willing to help. I visited him to purchase a couple of his machines. He was so honest about them, it was scary. You don't see that very often. He made sure I left happy with my purchase and great to chat with. He is a wealth of knowledge and overall a great person.

My 2 cents...

#47 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

#48 12 years ago
    Quoted from TAC_Double:

I personally would love to see Brokedad return. Don't know him very well, but he was always willing to help. I visited him to purchase a couple of his machines. He was so honest about them, it was scary. You don't see that very often. He made sure I left happy with my purchase and great to chat with. He is a wealth of knowledge and overall a great person.

This is the point here...drama...maybe, but had a wealth of knowledge and was always ready to share it. If you don't know Brokedad I ask you to please refrain from typing...and if you had a beef with him don't you think we could all grow up here as the bottom line is Brokedad added great value to this site.

#49 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Jesus is returning? Everyone look busy!

#50 12 years ago

I will take knowledge with a little bit of drama any day

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/to-robin-net-addy-being-let-go and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.