(Topic ID: 14496)

To: ralphwiggum or anyone else with Gottlieb's Mario Andretti

By shadowflame

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shadowflame.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

I notice you have the game too in your collection so I am wondering if you know some of the rules of it? Mainly getting the "Mystery" is there a combination of lights that need to be on other than just the "Mystery" light by the ramp? It looks like some of the "Andretti" logos need to be lit up too but I can't figure out which ones and if anything else needs to be completed first I do get the "Mystery" award now and then just seems random. Also, do you find that ramp to be a real pain to get the ball to travel all the way up? I mean, could they make the incline any steeper? Wish there was a way to change the incline just a tad but I doubt it is possible.

#3 12 years ago

Thank you for the link, it seems the "Start Stop Watch" must first be lit in order to collect the "Mystery" award from the ramp. I am on tournament mode / free play and I still was able to get the 500 million point award that is a crazy amount of points, but even with it I still haven't beaten the programmed high score to date of 1,900,000,000.

That ramp is definitely a tough shot to make. I find the ball needs to be already traveling at a pretty decent rate to have a good chance of it making it all the way up the ramp. Trying to hit it from the right flipper when the ball is just trickling to it is quite a tough shot.

#5 12 years ago

3 billion? wow, I have yet to come close to that, my fastest stop watch time is 1.2 also extreme luck to get that time too to get the ball around the right orbit without hitting any other target or switch.

True it is a very fun game without the deepest of rules or overly complicated ideas. That's one of the reasons I like it a very easy game to learn what to do to "win" I mean, I'm playing pinball not watching a movie..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weyburn, SK
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shadowflame.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/to-ralphwiggum-or-anyone-else-with-gottliebs-mario-andretti?tu=shadowflame and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.