(Topic ID: 245290)

To power or not to power?

By KingCat78

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingCat78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I just got a brand new POTC LE and when I finally got everything setup and ready to play, I powered on the machine and everything on the playfield was lit up nicely.

However, the Start button and the Topper lighting (LED strip) wasn't. So I tried to push the Start button but nothing happened. No balls were fed to the shooter lane, flippers didn't work. Tried the coils and device tests from the menu, but nothing worked.

So I checked all the cables in the cabinet and backbox for loose connections. Pushed a few of them (big black power cable that goes into the metal box etc.). Powered the machine back on, and everything worked like a charm. Needless to say I was quite relieved, phew.

My question: how is it possible that the lighting on the playfield does work and all of the devices that should move (e.g. BP, coils, flippers, etc.) do not? I mean if you've got a loose powercable, you would expect that nothing works, but that wasn't the case. Very strange that the lighting on the playfield worked, but the moveable parts and the LED strip for the Topper didn't.

#4 4 years ago

It's set to free play, but I just thought it's a weird coincidence that all of the moving parts didn't work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
20,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Cañada Flintridge, CA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingCat78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/to-power-or-not-to-power?tu=KingCat78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.