Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by clodpole
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1635 (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

Our governor once again specifically banned public arcade play in Washington. As of 10/6: "Vending and other game areas, including billiards, darts, and video games, are prohibited until Phase 4."

We took a look inside the back room of the Olympia Pinball Museum yesterday, and they're spiffing up machines nobody can play. I know so many other people who own arcades/barcades/routed games - how much longer can they hold on with no customers and income?

IMG_1635 (resized).JPGIMG_1635 (resized).JPG
    #2 3 years ago

That’s my local pinball location. I hope they are hanging in there.

#3 3 years ago

The pandemic has destroyed the entertainment industry. Public safety is obviously a huge concern and should be taken seriously. I believe with strict protocols these businesses can be open. One thing is certain they will not survive being closed for long periods of time. I wish everyone affected the very best. I hope you guys pull through this very difficult time and bounce back quickly.

#4 3 years ago

Locations can start renting out their games. It's not a huge amount of income, usually, but it's definitely better than nothing. I have ventured down to oregon to play some pinball, sucks that washington locations are shut down.

#5 3 years ago

We have already rented out 3 of our machines at the Olympia Pinball Museum to help defray costs of being closed. We are restoring/rebuilding several machines for the museum. The picture shows me installing a topper on Safecracker which had been a very requested game before the governor shut us down back in mid March. So far since we have been closed, we have restored these machines:

Black Rose (even installed a chromed coin door on it)
    Gilligan's Island
    Terminator 2
    Roller Coater Tycoon (a complete mess, machine had been dropped, missing the two main boards, had a bad dot matrix controller board)
    No Good Gofers

And about a dozen other games I don't remember off hand.

I certainly hope everyone votes this governor out of office so we can reopen.

1 week later
    #6 3 years ago

We visited the Hillsboro Next Level this weekend and got some excellent pinball time in, with enough sanitation and distancing to make anyone but the most paranoid feel comfortable. That was fun!

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

We have already rented out 3 of our machines at the Olympia Pinball Museum to help defray costs of being closed. We are restoring/rebuilding several machines for the museum. The picture shows me installing a topper on Safecracker which had been a very requested game before the governor shut us down back in mid March. So far since we have been closed, we have restored these machines:
    Black Rose (even installed a chromed coin door on it)
    Gilligan's Island
    Terminator 2
    Roller Coater Tycoon (a complete mess, machine had been dropped, missing the two main boards, had a bad dot matrix controller board)
    No Good Gofers
    And about a dozen other games I don't remember off hand.
    I certainly hope everyone votes this governor out of office so we can reopen.

I know in Eastern Washington, our guv has no votes. Just don't think we can beat king, pierce and Thurstons vote tho.

#9 3 years ago

Wow, that's hard for me to process. It's a little like hand controls for paraplegics to drive vehicles, only reversed.

#10 3 years ago

I'm going to next level in hillsboro tmrw to pick up a new pin and to play in their wonderful, clean, safe museum. Why can't Washington do this?

#11 3 years ago

Just my opinion, but I think our governor really wants to give the impression that he's in control and has this handled.

We went bowling in Washington this week, but had to drive to Hillsboro to play pinball last week. Anyway, have fun; we really enjoyed our day at the Next Level!

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from clodpole:

Wow, that's hard for me to process. It's a little like hand controls for paraplegics to drive vehicles, only reversed.

Yes, I agree. It would definitely take some getting used to.

3 weeks later
    #13 3 years ago

Well, looks like oregon is shutting down as well. Covid sucks.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Well, looks like oregon is shutting down as well. Covid sucks.

Yeah, I'm in Oregon at the moment, on the "End Of The World Tour III". Looks like they're ready for us to leave so they can shut the door behind us. Sigh....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/to-play-pinball-in-washington-you-have-to-be-in-oregon-?hl=clodpole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.