You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
bride.jpg
IMG_1470.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Just picked up these for my MB. What do people think, leave as is or paint?
If painting - any suggestions as to what sort looks best if you've done this yourselves? I did my Bride's dress on the playfield in red just to sex her up with normal gloss acrylic red, and it looks good, but much smaller scale.

#2 10 years ago

IMG_1470.JPGIMG_1470.JPG

#5 10 years ago

I do like the look of the black and white, but if you wanted them painted, that would look good as well. If you did not want to paint them yourself, perhaps I could offer up my painting services. I have wanted to get back into figure painting, (I have done it for about 25 years now,) and I am looking for some new things to work on. The gray scale does look cool though. It is a nice contrast with the colorfull translite.

#6 10 years ago

I say paint but keep the colors dark. See how frankenstein is dark in the translight -

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I do like the look of the black and white, but if you wanted them painted, that would look good as well. If you did not want to paint them yourself, perhaps I could offer up my painting services. I have wanted to get back into figure painting, (I have done it for about 25 years now,) and I am looking for some new things to work on. The gray scale does look cool though. It is a nice contrast with the colorfull translite.

Thanks for the offer, but the postage would be a bit of a killer (i'm on Australia). Come over for a working holiday - tax deductable!

#8 10 years ago

I think paint. Just my opinion, but I think that would look better.

#9 10 years ago

I would leave them be.I like the contrast between the colors on the game and the spooky black and white figures.

#10 10 years ago

Leave b&w but light them (brightness to taste) from under. That would look spooky. Like putting a flashlight under your face.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Thanks for the offer, but the postage would be a bit of a killer (i'm on Australia). Come over for a working holiday - tax deductable!

I would lovvvvvve that. LOL. My girlfriend and I wanted to honeymoon in Austrailia. We have since broken up and I am married now, but have always wanted to go there.

#12 10 years ago

Paint...if the game itself had some black & white, then it would be fine to leave it alone....however MB is a rainbow of colors, so those toppers should kind of match

#13 10 years ago

Right, Gold Coast Qld for you. They are filming an episode of Modern Family here at the moment. I might suffer a breakup if Sophia Vergara gets within groping range too

#15 10 years ago

leave them un painted...

#16 10 years ago

I'm thinking mount them on a board, pop a blue LED strip under them, plumb it into the backbox, and leave them unpainted. I'll post when I do it .

4 weeks later
#17 10 years ago

My daughter made me do it so she could help. Franky arrived already colored, so I did wolf man and creature .image.jpgimage.jpg

#18 10 years ago

Looks good! You both did a great job.

#19 10 years ago

Very nice job!
Send a pic on top of the pin.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Just picked up these for my MB. What do people think, leave as is or paint?
If painting - any suggestions as to what sort looks best if you've done this yourselves? I did my Bride's dress on the playfield in red just to sex her up with normal gloss acrylic red, and it looks good, but much smaller scale.

LED lighting is all you need whoops did not see last pic before posting

#21 10 years ago

if ony you had mummy and drac and tapped into the playfield character lights so the topper actually works with the game that would be SICK!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 75.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/to-paint-or-not-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.