(Topic ID: 20747)

To owners...anything more to KISS than the theme?

By Jgel

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Squizz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

This has to rank as maybe my favorite all time theme. I love the history, I love the look, I LOVE the band but I have not played one in 20+ years. Is it any good at all. The reviews seem really mixed. Is it all show and not go (Just like Kiss today)?

#2 11 years ago

Basically, its an early solid state. Not much going on, not much to do, kind of just mindless play. Only reason to own one is the theme. Not saying it isn't fun sometimes, but don't expect to riveted by the gameplay.

#3 11 years ago

Oh yea, what is the price of a 100% not collector machine?

#4 11 years ago

It sounds like a Casio watch from the 70's.

But the theme is awesome I do like seeing them nicely restored and plenty of parts are available. I saw one at the TPF that was a clean as my NIB stern games.

It seems to be the universal "look what I found' I'm gonna sell this and get rich" item.

Overall pass.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Oh yea, what is the price of a 100% not collector machine?

It's kind of tough, seen them go for 700-1400 with a lot of wear on the playfield but everything else in good shape. Without the wear, I'm guessing your not going find one south of 2,000.

#6 11 years ago

I have one, it does not have deep rules, like dieseldogpi said, it's an early SS. A stroke of luck could really turn the game around. That said, it IS a fun group game, definitely the most popular game I currently have setup. (Though my collection ends at 1980) At parties there is always a group on it and I always find quarters in it the next day even though it's set to free play. As for the sound, it sucked when I bought it but a quick rebuild of the sound card made it sound a lot better. I didn't pay "collector" price for mine and it's in great condition, so they are out there.

Play one and see if you still like it. I've played some very poorly set up ones and some nicely set up ones so keep that in mind.

Art.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

At parties there is always a group on it

I always find the simpler pins get more play at parties, at least with non-pin people. Pretty much no-one would ever play my LAH, maybe seemed to complicated. A KISS machine would def be good for parties though, a theme everyone knows at least and easy to grasp the rules.

#8 11 years ago

Nothing more, just the name...a definitely not worth the asking price by most.

#9 11 years ago

Wait for the new one...

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Wait for the new one...

Is this an educated guess, or a certainty?

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

More likely wishful thinking. Not enough dollar signs for Simmons to sign the dotted line.

#12 11 years ago

I had a few.

They made good money in their day.

Even people who hate Kiss love the look of the game.

Fully restored, they run $4000++, junkers that badly need playfield and have generic bumper caps can be had for under $1800. Market is always there for this game because of the huge fan base.

If ever there was a game crying for a P-roc visitation, this is it.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from TunaSled:

vdojaq said:

More likely wishful thinking. Not enough dollar signs for Simmons to sign the dotted line.

Yup, certainly not fact yet. When I heard it from folks who seem to always get it right I though it made sense based on the tour and more importantly the proven success.

#14 11 years ago

I think KISS is the most overrated pin ever made IMHO.

#15 11 years ago

The artwork on the playfield is awesome. Gameplay is just ok.....

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from dug:

The artwork on the playfield is awesome. Gameplay is just ok.....

As far as the game goes, you nailed it. Backglass artwork is awesome as well.

I just sold a ground up restoration for over the $4K as mentioned in this thread. The owner could not be happier with his "new" Kiss machine.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

As far as the game goes, you nailed it. Backglass artwork is awesome as well.
I just sold a ground up restoration for over the $4K as mentioned in this thread. The owner could not be happier with his "new" Kiss machine.

Funny......I did the same thing 9 months ago for the same price!

#18 11 years ago

I have one. Simple rule set. Complete KISS in 4 different ways to increase your bonus. Don't tilt in this game as you will lose major points. Don't buy it for the rocking soundtrack. Looks it is a 10. Symmetrical playfield. Game play is average for this period.

#19 11 years ago

Kiss pins in nice shape look cool. I had one and considered it worth more than it was worth and sold it.

#20 11 years ago

Kiss . Blah
Would rather see a Queen machine instead of another Kiss- Sorry..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/to-ownersanything-more-to-kiss-than-the-theme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.