Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by examiner
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpluse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

New Question!

Is it better to play your pin with or without Mylar? I thought Mylar was to protect the playfield but I’m reading some are saying it slows down the ball. The reason I was asking I’m about to fix my bumper and both sling shots. So I decided to clean the playfield to and im seeing dirt on the edges of the mylar in some area’s, and little bubbles where the lights are. So first im waiting to find a new mylar to replace the old. But in the mean time I was thinking is it ok to play without it once I’m done. Or am I asking for trouble.

I bought Navus 2 and California Gold Carnauba Cleaner Wax, to clean and wax the field.

#3 12 years ago

Ok thank you. Ya i have been watching as much as i can about removing it with air dust cleaner.

Thanks again.

#10 12 years ago

cevans82 SOLD!

Great info, everyone has been really helpful , more then all of you can imagine. Makes it more exciting.

The info helps in taking the fear away of taking the pin apart. If i have any issue i can come back here. I'm going to order the stealth today and test dust freeze, and goo gone. If i have any other issue i use hair dryer.

I agree on flipper button protectors great for when my hand are wet and putting my beer in holder great site.

1 week later
    #14 12 years ago

Needing a little help!

I got the Mylar off. But I'm going to have to take some partS off to get the rest. But I started on main middle pin, and I'm having a hard time getting this glue up. I'm spraying go gone , gel spray version. And it hard to get up. Is there a better way or what kind of rag would help pick up the glue better because at this rate I been here doing this for a week. HELP!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpluse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/to-mylar-or-not-to-mylar?tu=cpluse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.