Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mcluvin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#2 6 years ago

That’s how to do it! Shake the bag like an idiot

#3 6 years ago

We used to put them in an industrial trash bag, then take them into the school commons indoors and shake them out.

#4 6 years ago

Industrial or medical grade waste bag would do the job... that green thing was probably thinner than paper.

#5 6 years ago

He must have known it wasn’t going to be good if he had someone record it.

#6 6 years ago

Wait until after dark when the wasps are "sleeping".
    Use a thick paper shopping bag.
    Light bag on fire in a safe, non-flammable area.
    Or get stung a bunch.

#7 6 years ago

Geez, I thought you were talking about a White Anglo Saxon Protestant, gettin ready to notify the FBI.

#8 6 years ago

I thought this was an waspinat0r dig but I guess not...

#9 6 years ago

When it comes to wasps, organic solutions are not the best choice. I'm a Spectracide PRO kind of guy.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

That’s how to do it! Shake the bag like an idiot

If you notice he's flinging the bag around in desperate hope he can shoo away the wasps that are attacking him. Kinda hard to get 'em all the in the bag in one flawless approach when they're buzzing around the nest. Not the brightest bulb, that fella in the video.

Richard

#11 6 years ago

I have used vacuum cleaner, and it works like a charm. The grow the bag on open fire or leave it out somewhere.

Thankful for internet so we can bask in other people’s stupidity.

#12 6 years ago

Nice. Similar, I once discovered an enormous fire ant bed in the A/C room of my old shop. I had some pretty effective spray poison but knew the mound was so large that once I started attacking it, they would just flank me and I'd be screwed. So I grabbed my 5 gallon wet/dry shop vac and went after them with the poison sprayer in one hand and the vacuum nozzle in the other. They didn't stand a chance! Not one sting.

Richard

#13 6 years ago

What a moron.

#14 6 years ago

I thought he was spinning it to spin the opening closed quickly, so they get trapped in.

Still a dumb idea from the start.

#15 6 years ago

Now this man knows how to deal with wasps!

Marcus

#16 6 years ago

Killing a wasp nest was one of my top 10 “stupid things you did that scared you half to death at the time but now you look back at it and laugh your ass off”. I swear I ran a 100 yard dash in about 9.2 seconds.

#17 6 years ago

When I was a telephone lineman, one thing I always kept in my truck was those red cans of Brakleen. Not sure what the specific mechanism is but it disrupts their nervous system so fast you can drop them mid-flight. Spray it on the nest and you'll have silence in less than ten seconds.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

» YouTube video
    Marcus

Wow. Talk about “HULK SMASH!” But seriously, not a skill I have any interest in acquiring.

#19 6 years ago

NOPE!!!!! That dude is F%$#ing crazy. And that fellow with the bag he did not have much of a plan either as he was wearing flip flops!!!!!

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

When I was a telephone lineman, one thing I always kept in my truck was those red cans of Brakleen. Not sure what the specific mechanism is but it disrupts their nervous system so fast you can drop them mid-flight. Spray it on the nest and you'll have silence in less than ten seconds.

Yep, learned this one long ago. It knocks out tree roaches, too. That straw on the can really improves the range.

Richard

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

» YouTube video
    Marcus

That guy is the shlt!

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Good stuff! Just make sure the little hole in the sprayer is always pointing away from you and not directly at your eyeball. Ask me how I know....

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Ask me how I know....

Well, your picture does have an eye patch.

1 week later
    #24 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That guy is the shlt!

Chantelle must be hot.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/to-get-rid-of-a-wasp-nest?hl=jerryb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.