8D9D0250-60AD-4932-82F8-BF455237B6EC (resized).jpeg
0Nip-It-Work-05 (resized).jpg
F3039A68-683F-425F-90BC-09AEAF3CE3EA (resized).jpeg
51D41E2E-8853-425D-886A-B3C7355B74B1 (resized).jpeg
61BFD306-3D6F-4F96-9E5D-6A956EA60AF0 (resized).jpeg
5E6A3C8C-13BD-445C-99D8-2BA4F380B801 (resized).jpeg
648CA1A9-9FDA-4942-B35E-75E014DD7ACC (resized).jpeg
2CF5FFD4-B52B-4122-AB62-5C72A10FE94E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 5 years ago

Evaporust for a win...

I do tend to sometime give it a polish to prevent any new rust forming

Sometimes I tumble the smaller pieces for a little bit with a small amount of Nu-Finish (similar) added to help coat the parts.

Still a newbie, so I'm still learning.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#29 5 years ago

For the bigger pieces I soak in Evaporust, I use PVC tubes. Flat bottom cap, removable top.

#34 5 years ago

Never did this, so complete WAG here...almost looks like a screw head slot there. No?

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballGurus:

Not too bad.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Evaporust or something else?

#42 5 years ago

So I got the score motor running, but one of the rollers on a leaf broke off immediately. Anyone know were to find more or is it even repairable? I doubt it.
[quoted image]

If you can't find one, just get another leaf and some small pop rivets - should get you going again.

Mind posting a pic of where it broke off from?

3 weeks later
#103 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me how this coin door is supposed to be wired? I’m having trouble understanding the schematic since there’s multiple coin switches and the schematic has Red/White and I have White/Red, but I’m assuming they ran out at the factory??? I only need one working. Thanks
[quoted image]

I have maybe a dozen high res pics of a Bally EM Freedom (Just sold it Sat, but can get more pictures) coin door guts. 1976 era, but looks the same. No clue if it is exact or not, especially the wiring. PM me your normal e-mail and I will send (sorry, can't attach pics to a PM).

Hopes this helps.

2 weeks later
#146 4 years ago

Anyone have any ideas on how I could safely replicate this before I put it back out into the world? I keep thinking plaster of Paris, but I’m a little unsure since there’s probably better products these days??? Mostly worried about the paint. I’m just trying to make a mold I can cast into brass or some metal later.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Something like this? https://medium.com/jaycon-systems/the-complete-guide-to-diy-molding-resin-casting-4921301873ad

I've never done this, but looks like you could make the mold based on the inside of the part, leaving the painted side alone? Then by using the first mold, create the final mold from that?

#182 4 years ago

This on the left here. DMM 1/2 WATT???
[quoted image]

What's the format of other resistors on the schematic?

#193 4 years ago

Not sure what you’re asking?

Usually the schematic follows the same format. So the upper text might be a value, the next lower text could be a RefDes (i.e. R123) or location, while the 3rd down looks like it indicates the wattage. So check another resistor on the schematic to figure which text is the value and try to go from there.

Might be a moot point if you figured out the value. Looks like the upper text is '8200' ohms.

#202 4 years ago

Ugh. Learning slowly...
Praying this is the solution.

Boy, I admit you really have 'dug your feet in' w/respect to fixing this pin. Kudos to you, been an interesting read. Ditto to everyone that helped too.

#226 4 years ago

Guru,

Maybe you can try to look at it from a different angle. Hopefully this wasn't covered before and I missed it.

Instead of mechanically checking the switches, how about using your multimeter and measuring across relay contacts (looking for voltages or the absence of voltages) to try to narrow down the culprit? Would that help? i.e. "I shouldn't have a voltage on this contact because these other switches should be open." type of troubleshooting.

#228 4 years ago

That’s initially how I started testing, but I quickly found that it’s not reliable on an EM game as a contact that’s not in contact will beep anyways if it’s connected down the line.

Got a scope?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/to-fix-or-not-to-fix?tu=mbwalker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.