(Topic ID: 42234)

To everybody on pinside: Sorry

By Rocky111

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

elaut_wizard_of_oz.jpg
    big-bass-wheel-pro-jackpot-ticket-rede.jpg
    Screen_Shot_2013-03-04_at_4.47.39_PM.png
    640_angie_layton_survivor_cbs_12.jpg
    Troll.gif
    Fail.gif
    troll.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

To paraphrase Confucius: "To be truly forgiven is to surrender your most prized machine to PismoArcade".... or something like that.

#52 11 years ago

I think I'm next to go to redemption island

#53 11 years ago

Welcome.... TO REDEMPTION ISLAND!

Screen_Shot_2013-03-04_at_4.47.39_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2013-03-04_at_4.47.39_PM.png

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Wow, they even have shadows!

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Whether or not his anger was justified, that's no excuse to start attacking another member so viciously like that.

But when everyone piles on the guy like us common here I can see how someone's frustration can get the best of them. The mob mentality towards "outsiders" is pretty unappealing IMO.

#56 11 years ago

Come on, I am a sucker for that huge price is right style wheel.
    big-bass-wheel-pro-jackpot-ticket-rede.jpgbig-bass-wheel-pro-jackpot-ticket-rede.jpg

#57 11 years ago

What the heck happened? Just disable all left flipper buttons for a month and be done with it.

#58 11 years ago

Need to add a Stern Simpson's Kooky Karnival to the island.

#59 11 years ago

Need to add a Stern Simpson's Kooky Karnival to the island.

And one of these.

elaut_wizard_of_oz.jpgelaut_wizard_of_oz.jpg

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

But when everyone piles on the guy like us common here I can see how someone's frustration can get the best of them. The mob mentality towards "outsiders" is pretty unappealing IMO.

I do agree that this happens, and it can ugly pretty quick. Some people are just asking for it, but other times someone simply makes an innocent mistake or says something kind of stupid, and then everybody jumps all over them. I hope that in the future we can all be a bit more welcoming and forgiving in these types of circumstances.

#61 11 years ago

don't beat yourself up too bad. sure you weren't exactly noble in the way you handled it but I've gotten into it with your adversary before; he has no problem picking "fights" on here. don't lose any sleep over it. just live and learn.

#62 11 years ago

I forgive you Rocky now take your meds and lets move on.

#63 11 years ago

come on edwinpblue... really...
    I am sorry if you think I picked a fight with you. I thought we were just having some fun and disagreed on the current value of LOTR. No big deal from my side of things. Sorry if you thought differently. I am an admitted smartazz and like to poke a little good natured ribbing when talking pinball with friends. Sorry if it was interpreted in a different way.

Rocky appeared to be trolling for reactions with another JJP thread (post the bait, waits for reaction, never returns to thread), I joked about him trolling, and then he took it to a whole other level with a personal attack filled with hate and explicative (moderator censored) rage. I honestly had no intent of trying to provoke anyone and it seems evident that things are easily lost in translation on the interwebs.

For anyone wondering what apparently set it all in motion

>>

http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I do agree that this happens, and it can ugly pretty quick. Some people are just asking for it, but other times someone simply makes an innocent mistake or says something kind of stupid, and then everybody jumps all over them. I hope that in the future we can all be a bit more welcoming and forgiving in these types of circumstances.

I do too.

#65 11 years ago

Oh but there is no DAMN power supply. ARGH!!!!!!! Emoticon for blowing brains out?

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Oh but there is no DAMN power supply. ARGH!!!!!!! Emoticon for blowing brains out?

calm down gas generator behind the 3rd from left palm tree.

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Redemption island is powered by nightmares...and tickets.

#68 11 years ago

Redemption island is powered by nightmares...and tickets.

I hear town square madness screams per TZ in my head!!!!

#69 11 years ago

man Doc that's a cool pic LOL

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I thought we were just having some fun and disagreed on the current value of LOTR.

Which is now 6K! Boom. There, you all just read it on the internet so it must...be...what?

#72 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Which is now 6K! plus 1 camping trip Boom. There, you all just read it on the internet so it must...be...what?

fixed for accuracy

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/to-everybody-on-pinside-sorry/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.