Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by dmacy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

funny-kid-tells-joke-to-dog.jpg
    FanMan1.jpg
    kerry.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cliffy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Thanks Tom ! Some people just don't get it ..

I call them "protectors" because thats what they are. I do not call them "cover ups"
    To each their own, of course.

To those who choose my lil' creations I thank you very kindly.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Cliffy, Kerry, or the new Hank's Hole-Gard. Just use something.

I love Hanks tips and mods. Where do you think I get my inspiration!?

#24 12 years ago

No disrespect taken, Jim. We both do our part to contribute to our beloved hobby-cum-passion. I simply wanted to point out that they DO protect as advertised and not merely cover up damage. That's a bonus, however

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

I have often wondered if after time the Cliffy's will leave a slight imprint in the PF as ramp flaps do.

I've been asked this over the past 10 or so years and I honestly can't say one way or the other. The difference between my scoop protectors and ramp flaps is that ramp flaps are tensioned against the playfield whereas my protectors simply lie there flat. There is no tension or pressure until a ball rolls over it and even then it's negligible.

The other thing ramp flaps do is rub back and forth as the ball's impact pushes the ramp back. Combine this with the pressure mentioned before and it causes the dreadful wear lines we all know and hate. My protectors do not slide back and forth so no chance of wear from that.

At the end of the day, though, I can't guarantee they won't leave some impression. I recommend a narrow strip of 2mil mylar or static cling vinyl (stealth) under the edge before installing my protectors for those with such concerns.

#32 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I hope this wasn't seen as bashing your cliffies, Cliffy. I was just trying to get an opinion as to if people would assume damage underneath if they see cliffies.

No way! I didn't see it that way at all bud. I just looked at another chaps LAH he is planning to sell in the buying and selling section and he has no protectors on the scoops. Frankly it ain't pretty so in that case I would definitely think my protectors would add value. However I absolutely respect others opinions either way.

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

I still need to order the new DW ramp protector, and my creature snack bar could use one too.

all it takes is an email, buddy

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Do you make anything else for that game? (JD)

Not yet but I've ben asked to look at doing ramp entrance protectors and the hardest of all jackpot/subway scoop protector. Eventually

#41 12 years ago

Like Drac says on EATPM, "Thank you, boys!" Hey Nim I'm super happy to hear the Tron protector is working for you! Awesome news, man

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cliffy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/to-cliffy-or-not?tu=cliffy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.