Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Underspin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tron.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

My Tron was delivered Tuesday. I was excited to play, went at it and immediately noticed a problem. The "arcade scoop" wasn't registering every time. The ball would drop in and either stay there or get kicked out immediately. If the Light Cycle multi or Quorra multi was ready and the ball dropped in I got nothing but a spit out. My great day suddenly turned sour.
    I looked underneath and everything was fine to my eye. Nothing was bent, the V-shaped lever moved freely etc. I assumed it was a software error and went to the Stern website to see if there was an update. Not a chance considering the thing was built a week before.
    I took another look at that microswitch underneath. It looked fine to me but noticed that all the other microswitches on the machine had the lever set to the back position. There are two "nubs" as I call them that the lever can snap into, a front and back position. The arcade scoop's microswitch was set to the front position. I took the unit apart and set the lever to the back position. Fingers crossed...turned the machine on and played. Not one problem now everything plays great.
    So to blame Stern or not. I'm saying not. I'm sure the machine passed inspection. They turned it on and played a ball, maybe the ball went into the scoop maybe it didn't. Even if it did it registered something I'm sure. The thing is that I know a little about pinballs but the average casual buyer would have freaked out, called the company, called Stern, had someone out to troubleshoot, or had the machine replaced.
    Anyway if you're reading this Stern, don't sweat it. I love the machine...my first NIB!

Hey it's arcade-class equipment. It's very common for a few things to be off when it's right out of the box. You should buy retail and have them go through the game for you prior to taking delivery if fixing a minor issue like this is a concern.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/to-blame-stern-or-to-not-blame-sternthat-is-the-question?tu=jonnyo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.