Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BallLocks
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is it worth it to buy someone else's pre-order spot if you're paying a premium?”

• Yes - pre-ordering some games is worth the risk to pay the extra cost. 15 votes
      15%
    • No - paying extra to someone for an unknown is never smart. 87 votes
      85%

(102 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 1 year ago

I can see possibly paying a premium for a game if you can get a game early and avoid the long wait but PF LE's will likely have even a longer wait than the SE's. Interest will wane over time as other new machines are introduced and released. By the time PF ships it may be competing against the next KME Stern game and the next JJP game among others. Interest in the title will likely never be higher than it is right now which is why some sellers are trying to take advantage.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Nothing wrong with asking 2500 for the spot. Plenty of wanted ads for PFLE, you want a spot now? Gotta pay for it.

It's just in bad form and clogs up the Pinside forum. I could put up ads for each of my games for $2500 over the going rate hoping for someone desperate enough but I'm not going to do it even though id be willing to sell them. If someone wants to pay $2500 over it would make sense for the buyer to put up a WTB ad stating what they are willing to pay and then someone can contact them directly.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/to-all-those-paying-premiums-for-pre-order-slots?tu=MikeS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.