Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dtown
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Go_Girl.jpg
    IMG_20130602_114855.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 10 years ago

I doubt that you will talk to anyone who knows Todd that doesn't have something nice to say about him. He is just kind of a fun guy to be around and for a guy in the business he still really seems to love the hobby.

A little crazy in his own way - yes! A little different - yes! But Todd is Todd and being Todd is what makes Todd fun to watch or be around.

I have never been to his place but I know for years he has given stuff away off his loading dock. Some machines are just to far gone or not worth bringing back and guys like Todd understand this and make getting rid of their trash fun by tossing it off the roof.

It is kind of upsetting to see machines get parted out but sometimes that is what is best.

Anyway - Todd if you happen to read this keep having fun and we will see you at York in a few months!

#23 10 years ago

Todd recently tried giving away a bunch of cabinets & playfields and some of those still ended up in their dumpster. I wish I lived closer because I save ever screw and bracket off every machine I junk but when you are paying people to part out machines there is only so much that is practical to try to save.

Remember the roof thing was done one time for advertising - this is not an on going thing. Trashing a few junk machines got Todd and TNT a lot of exposure over the years. Is it sad to see this happen - yes, was it a smart business move - only Todd can answer that question, but bottom line Todd is different and so is a stunt like that so what the heck. They were his machines so he has every right to do what he wants with them.

Anyway - like I said in my first post Todd is one of a kind - and maybe it is a good thing - but he still makes this crazy hobby fun and has done a lot over the years for the hobby.

#28 10 years ago

What is more upsetting than Todd tossing a few "junk" machines off a roof is how many machines are still sitting in leaky warehouses and barns just rotting away. If anyone knows of any old operators just sitting on machines please contact them and try to get them to sell them before they become total trash.

I have seen this first hand several times and it always makes me sad. Even worse is to see old burn plies with dozens of machines part way burned instead of at least recycling the copper & stuff. For every machine that lives on at least a dozen have been destroyed. We can't save all of them but please at least try to save as many as possible.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tnt-amusements?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.