• 28 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dsmoke1986
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi,
Has anyone had dealings with them? Can someone recommend them and there work. I am looking at buying a machine and shipping out of the US. Regards

#2 9 years ago

You should ask the guys at Gameroom Collectibles.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

You should ask the guys at Gameroom Collectibles.

$6495 usd for a Strange Science?

That's out there ...

rd

#4 9 years ago

I think TNT is great.

I bought a machine from them and they fixed another machine of mine.

They did a fantastic job on both.

#5 9 years ago

like any retail shop, jacked-up prices!! I would buy local.

#6 9 years ago

I got a good deal on a pin from a local retail outlet. There are deals and since they are a retail outlet, they offer a warranty. Good person to be friends with. Yeah any retail will want to make a slight profit, and we need them around TNT seems to be a good place from things I've heard.

#7 9 years ago

Todd's been in the biz for YEARS. Good guy, good reputation.

Are you going to pay more than getting it as is from some guy's garage, or an auction? Yes.

Are you buying from a reputable business that stands behind their product after the sale? Yes.

#8 9 years ago

I know Todd personally and know him to be an honest and reputable person.

He's appeared in all of our Pins and Vids DVD series with silly stuff too.

#9 9 years ago

TNT is great if you are looking to go the retail route (although why would you want to do that?)

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Hi,
Has anyone had dealings with them? Can someone recommend them and there work. I am looking at buying a machine and shipping out of the US. Regards

yes, send a pm if u are wanting further info, shipping etc.
Todds a great guy.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

$6495 usd for a Strange Science?
That's out there ...
rd

and apparently over 6k for a freaking Breakshot. : P

#12 9 years ago

They restore the games they sell.

Many of us don't have the time, nor skill to restore a machine.

#13 9 years ago

Retailers "restore" games. If you want actual restoration, buy from collectors.

#14 9 years ago

You can't go wrong. Todd stands behind his product and serves his customers well. He wouldn't be in the business for as long as he has if he didn't. Buy with confidence. E

#15 9 years ago

He's been around for a long time. Don't be afraid. But do know you are probably paying a premium in most cases. The supposed trade-off is the pin should be in excellent condition when you get it.

#16 9 years ago

Todd is a fair and honest person. Don't be afraid to make a purchase from him. That being said expect to pay collector restored prices for a clean,100% working shopped out game with warrenty. He has a large brick and mortar store with employees and some one has to pay bill.

2 weeks later
#17 9 years ago

I have gotten 2 arcade games and 1 pinball from the wonderful people at TNT Amusements.

I will start of by saying they have a wonderful warranty and stand by the stuff they sell.

However given you will be shipping out side of their service area by just a little, this means you will have to do the work yourself or hire a local person if something goes wrong but the parts warranty will still be good.

I however live within minutes of them.

My NeoGeo I got from them worked 100% no problems other than the punch and kick button being reversed on player two super easy fix.

My Simpsons had 2 problems first was the screen need to be degaussed there is nothing they can do to stop the earth magnetic fields and is not their fault. TNT had someone out with the tool to fix it before the other people left who delivered the Simpsons and funhouse pinball. The other problem is after 3 months of use one of the joysticks tore a grommet they replaced it the next day for free. Todd himself also helped by walking me step by step with adjusting the volume on the PCB VIA email.

Now for the Fun house pinball, this has had some problems but nothing you would not expected from a 24 year old pinball machine. After delivery the system was fully set up and running within a month a NEW coil went bad not their fault, and the play field which was shopped with some aftermarket parts needed adjustment all which was done with in a day of me calling them. They have been out twice since then for minor adjustment but after 3 months and booking well over 1500 games of pinball (over 1.5 hours a day) on the system it is running like it should.

once again given they can't drive 5 minutes down the road to you to fix stuff they will test as well as they can but you really need to put it to good use before you will find out a NEW coil is bad or you ramp is not just right. also keep in mind owning a pinball machine is a true testament to masochism you will need to clean and care for it and the more complicated and advance the play field the more micro calibration is needed and you will need to keep up on it because you slamming a steel ball in to the parts at high speed.

With all this said if you are going to ship outside of the US then I would still go to Todd because I have the mechanical skills to do the very basic repairs that you might need to do with a Like new Pinball Machine. If you feel you can not do this kind of work then probably owning a pinball is not in your best interested in general.

#18 9 years ago

The guys at TNT are great, I've made 3 recent purchases from them, 1 pin and 2 vids and they all turned out great...They know their stuff, had minor issues with a couple of purchases and they fixed them quickly.

Price might be a little higher, but the time they put in on the machines really shows..Especially the pins, if you get one of the Pins from them, you won't be dissappointed, it's a full restoration job.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

Retailers "restore" games. If you want actual restoration, buy from collectors.

Not true man, they put a ton of time into their pins and Vids...I know this is Pinside, and there are a lot of elitists on here, but Jason does awesome work at TNT, he really does.

And IMO, you will not find a better Vid retailer anywhere, Todd and Frank know more about Vids than anyone else in the country...They really do, from Old School late 70's-early 80's stuff, to 90's and everything in between. So many retailers now are going right to flat screens, which ruin the authenticity of the classics, and Todd doesn't, it's really a testament to his love of the hobby...Buy with confidence from TNT!

#20 9 years ago

I'd buy another restored pin from them any day.

Don't forget too, that Todd does layaway.

#21 9 years ago

Lots of great info here. I can add that I have purchased a game (non-pin) from them and would recommend them to anyone. Todd responded quickly to questions and was easy to deal with. Their place is pretty cool too, like going back in time. I bought a project game from him and we worked out a price assuming it was non-working. He tested it before I got there and it worked fine but kept his word on the price.

I'm not sure I would buy a pin from them. Not because I don't have confidence in their descriptions or trust them. I just know I can find better prices from collectors. It has nothing to do with them....just my wallet and I like to do my own restorations.

For what it's worth I bought a project pin from GRC once....wouldn't do it again.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from adii:

Lots of great info here. I can add that I have purchased a game (non-pin) from them and would recommend them to anyone. Todd responded quickly to questions and was easy to deal with. Their place is pretty cool too, like going back in time. I bought a project game from him and we worked out a price assuming it was non-working. He tested it before I got there and it worked fine but kept his word on the price.
I'm not sure I would buy a pin from them. Not because I don't have confidence in their descriptions or trust them. I just know I can find better prices from collectors. It has nothing to do with them....just my wallet and I like to do my own restorations.
For what it's worth I bought a project pin from GRC once....wouldn't do it again.

I have to agree with all post above about TNT & Todd being a great guy to deal with as long as you don't mind paying retail.

I also have to agree with above post - NEVER buy a parts or project machine from GRC I made that mistake also. GRC restored machines looked really nice but come with a HUGE price tag but parts or projects from them are basically junk from my experience also.

#23 9 years ago

The machine I bought from Todd was STTNG.

I work 60+ hours a week. I don't have the time to restore a pin.

I did make minor changes on the machine, but the whole hassle of taking apart to put it back together…no thanks, I'll pass.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'd buy another restored pin from them any day.
Don't forget too, that Todd does layaway.

This is a great option for those who do not have a huge amount of cash to just drop on a machine off CL or don't want to be murdered by their wife . Todd Tuckey / TNT Amusements is VERY responsive via email and phone calls. Great guy to deal with. I've been working on a layaway machine for the past 4 months. It's definitely more expensive than buying off Craigslist but as someone else said, he's reputable and sounds like he stands behind his product. His prices are no different that what you will find on Ebay.

He was kind enough to shoot one of his videos for me and put it up on Youtube. This allowed me to see the entire machine while I'm making payments. I've watched this silly video probably 20 times now. Todd is a funny guy. Very pleasant to deal with. I'm going to start another layaway machine in a couple weeks.

#25 9 years ago

hes very flexible, not a lot in this industry do layaway. his prices are a little higher, but that includes a full going over of the machine. boards, etc. and he will tend to any customers requests/wants on the machine. nice guy to deal with, highly recommended.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from SpaceGhost:

He was kind enough to shoot one of his videos for me and put it up on Youtube.

In this video, Todd incorrectly states that the Color DMD will work in CV.

Maybe in the future, but not right now.

#27 9 years ago

Oh man, AFM profits so massively from colour DMD! Saw it in a PAPA video and absolutely love it!

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from SpaceGhost:

This is a great option for those who do not have a huge amount of cash to just drop on a machine off CL or don't want to be murdered by their wife . Todd Tuckey / TNT Amusements is VERY responsive via email and phone calls. Great guy to deal with. I've been working on a layaway machine for the past 4 months. It's definitely more expensive than buying off Craigslist but as someone else said, he's reputable and sounds like he stands behind his product. His prices are no different that what you will find on Ebay.
He was kind enough to shoot one of his videos for me and put it up on Youtube. This allowed me to see the entire machine while I'm making payments. I've watched this silly video probably 20 times now. Todd is a funny guy. Very pleasant to deal with. I'm going to start another layaway machine in a couple weeks.
» YouTube video

He's awesome, you'll be thrilled with the Pin, I just bought a WWFRR off of him, was looking at that Attack From Mars at that time too...Congrats on the purchase, that's an awesome looking machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tnt-amusements-buying-off-and-shipping and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.