(Topic ID: 269133)

TNT Amusements Best Offer Sale:Safe to Register?

By pintim80

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200606_124859 (resized).jpg
    The Rise and Fall of an Arcade Empire Cover - FRONT (resized).jpg
    sleepyheadTodd (resized).JPG
    BestOffer4 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddtuckey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from pintim80:

Has anyone on Pinside, registered on TNT Amusements Best Offer Sale in order to bid on items? If so have you had any problems with registering or buying? The reason I ask is because a friend of mine who is in IT looked over TNT registration site http://sale.tntamusements.com/ and gave me his opinion. He said first of all the site is not secure and because of that he would never enter all the private information needed to register. His concern is the site could easily be hacked and more importantly would want to know what TNT was doing to secure every one's personal information? Other concerns were who designed the site because in his opinion it looked like an 8th grader designed it. So it all revolves around security of personal information and the site is lacking that. I registered on the site and have not received any acknowledgement and now that's concerning. So I would have to agree with my friend about security of personal information. At TNT the who, what and where about security of personal information. Any comments?

Welcome aboard "PinTim80"! I see you joined just 16 hours ago and we now have been blessed with your first post! You certainly went to alot of trouble to register--why not have "Your Friend" post your findings? At least he would have the backing of some kind of background on this forum! I also noticed your "name" is awfully close to one of our Twins--Tim--email name which is grimtim1980@ .... hmmmmm ......ummmmm.....and the town you live in is Abingdon, the town right NEXT to Tim's town in Maryland! Ahhhhh.... Ohhhhhh.... Could this be a NEW Troll or and OLD Troll? Hmmmmm....
    Anyway, we will look forward to MORE of your helpful posts!
    We also noticed someone in Maryland with same "name" tried to register on our site about the same time you "Joined" the forum and we denied it--very suspicious information. And please get back to your "friend" (you have one??) and tell him how great you are! Todd Tuckey

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from PStudart:

Jillian, congrats for your attitude.
    And Todd, you are a legend in our hobby!! Just keep going with TNT (business and videos) for the next 50 years, please!!

Thank you!

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from pintim80:

Has anyone on Pinside, registered on TNT Amusements Best Offer Sale in order to bid on items? If so have you had any problems with registering or buying? The reason I ask is because a friend of mine who is in IT looked over TNT registration site http://sale.tntamusements.com/ and gave me his opinion. He said first of all the site is not secure and because of that he would never enter all the private information needed to register. His concern is the site could easily be hacked and more importantly would want to know what TNT was doing to secure every one's personal information? Other concerns were who designed the site because in his opinion it looked like an 8th grader designed it. So it all revolves around security of personal information and the site is lacking that. I registered on the site and have not received any acknowledgement and now that's concerning. So I would have to agree with my friend about security of personal information. At TNT the who, what and where about security of personal information. Any comments?

Added today: Thankyou everyone for your comments to my question. I didn't expect so many responses. I see that Todd Tuckey from TNT also made a comment. First I would like to say I'm a huge fan of Todd Tuckey and both my sons and I watch his videos and have donated to him in the past. With that being said I'm disappointed in his comment of accusing me of being a TROLL. Lets start from the beginning. I wanted to be able to possibly buy from his sale so I registered on the site. Now against my friends recommendations not to register because the site wasn't secure. I did register then went back to sign in. I couldn't sign in it gave me this message "We were not able to login with your EMailAddress and password, please try again." Then I was concerned because my thoughts were did someone now have my information etc. So with that I did reach out to pinsiders to see what others had to say about there experience with registering on the TNT sale site. In no way did I attack or Troll Todd Tuckey after all he is the King of Pinball to us. It seems Todd Tuckey is deflecting from the main question "Is Your Site Secure for Entering Personal Information". And from what I have read the answer is NO the site is not secure. Everyone who has registered is at risk for there information to be stolen and possibly a victim of identity theft. This is a serious concern and now I'm glad I posted this because Todd Tuckey doesn't seem concerned about security of his fans personal information. As we have seen in the past businesses like Target, Home depot, Macy's and even Equifax have been hacked. And as a result major lawsuits have been filed against these companies for security breaches. TNT Amusements is no different because they are a business taking personal information and are required to secure it. But from what I've read TNT didn't secure the personal information. Look at ForceFlow (pinside moderator) explaination. He is in agreement the site isn't secure and gives recommediations on how to secure your personal information. Thankyou ForceFlow for your professional input. Also there was a comment by Princess
    Jillian the web developer who stated the web site was a prototype. A PROTOTYPE ! So everyones personal information is at risk for the web site in progress. Also Jilliian jokes about the security issue by referring to Todd Giant Roledex, once again its all a joke to them. It seems to me like the 3 stooges Todd Tuckey doesn't take the issue seriously from the comment he left. And maybe phil-lee comment is true is TNT going out of business and they just don't care. Also someone made a comment that TNT was making money from sale while the store was closed. From watching the videos its crystal clear that TNT is open for business. You see people are picking up games and Todd states you can stop in and shop around. And not to mention all employees can be
    seen working but he states there furloughed, doesn't make sense if there furloughed they shouldn't be there. But I looked into this and found out that in
    PA, TNT Amusements is a non-essential business and according to the governor of PA is suppose to closed. According to TNT Amusements youtube videos
    its open for business. Also todd to answer your comment about my user name all I can say is pintim80, yes my name is tim I love pinball and I was born in 1980. Now I learned a lesson on security and should have a better secured user name. Im disappointed in TNT about how they handled there response and most of all my sons will also be disappointed. Eye poke won't get you out of the issue of security. Thankyou everyone for reading this. pintim80 out.

Hi Tim! Let's show the readers the "information" you tried to register today! Hmmmm...no email address...what a great address....and just look at that phone number! Perhaps, is this why we did not validate you? Is there a reason you filled this out this way? Todd

[screenshot with personal info removed by moderator]

#38 3 years ago

And think about this... WHY would PinTim80 even TRY to register if he thought it WAS insecure? WHY BOTHER? And you STILL have not told us who you are...you are still an invisible "collector" that NO ONE knows. We were only getting name, address, phone and email info and no Social Security number, or ANY payment information. Jillian is in process of fixing this. Todd

#43 3 years ago

Feel Free to register on our secured website! sale.tntamusements.com Our next Best Offer Sale is Saturday May 30th, 2020 at 4pm Eastern Time. We already have 35 items listed that we will be featuring and will have sixty total, listed by this weekend!
    Registration is fast and easy. You must register a complete address, phone number and email address, which we will then verify. We do not ask for any payment information until after sale ends. (Regular auction sites will not accept bids unless you register a credit card!) Anyone that bids in this new auction will also get a chance to win a couple door prizes--you do not have to win anything!
    You can watch the sale right from this site on the YouTube window so you can see the current offers, etc. However, you are welcome to just watch and chat on the YouTube channel too! We have lots of fun and there are plenty of jokes too! It is family friendly too.
    Thanks to all our fans for their continued support!

BestOffer4 (resized).jpgBestOffer4 (resized).jpg
    #54 3 years ago
    Quoted from scampcamp:

May be just a coincidence but I received a robocall from PA yesterday & I did register on the TNT website.
    Is there a way to erase all information that was submitted?

We are calling to verify that people are real since we got bogus fake people like PinTim80 and his non existent family signing up. Message me privately your name and I will erase everything about you from our database forever.

#56 3 years ago

Added yesterday:
    Sadly my sons and I agreed that it's best to move on from this. So we decided to unsubscribe from your you tube channel and look else where. There are a lot of other talented pinball people out there and they are the future of pinball. They will be here long after your gone and forgotten about. I do wish you much success in your TNT Amusements Best Offer Sale. And I hope your remaining fans will support you. But these 3 fans are disappointed in there pinball idol and can no longer support him especially for the twipy award in 2021. That's 3 thumbs down. Sincerely, pintim80...

Ahhhh...PinTim80 and his "sons"...I see you simply cannot stop posting....you kinda remind me of that Canadian fellow that kept posting and posting and posting away, and dug yourself further into a hole! (The eyepokes comment gave you away!)
    My brother Rob and I prepared this video JUST for you now that you have officially "Unsubscribed!" But I am sure you won't be able to resist watching our channel, even though, according to you, I will be gone and long forgotten about!

#71 3 years ago

I am glad that PinTim80 has re-subscribed to our channel and I would like to make amends too! Tim, please direct mail me your full name and address and I will send hats and shirts and a signed poster for your two boys! You can also email me directly at [email protected] Todd

#73 3 years ago

Hi PinTim80! I am still waiting for your sons names so I can get a poster ready. Also the size and style shirt they would want! I have to have this information and your address and full name so I can send them out. You can PM me like I mentioned before, or email me at [email protected]...which I read all the time! The ball is in your court! Todd

#77 3 years ago

Hey PinTim80...I rechecked my emails...I don't see any responses.

#78 3 years ago

Perhaps PinTim, you forgot my email address! I really want you and your boys to enjoy my Poster and signed cards, and also the TNT Shirts! We are still hoping you will get in touch today, so I can ship priority mail---need those shirt sizes!! Everyone reading the thread is hoping too! [email protected]

1 week later
    #92 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

So two good things came from this:
    - Todd's site crawling out of the stone age with its shiny new TLS certificate
    - Todd now has an avatar pic (surprised he didn't use his book cover, but ah well...)
    A fine and glorious day for everyone!

My new Avatar shows me with the mint Stern ORBITOR 1 that I donated and shipped free to the Pittsburgh PAPA right after the 2004 flood destroyed all their games right after they opened. I wanted them to get a new start! I never really told anyone about this, but now I might as well share with everyone here. I hope this helps my "Mr Rogers" Pinball Fantasy Neighborhood aura continue! Todd

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddtuckey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tnt-amusements-best-offer-salesafe-to-register?tu=toddtuckey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.