(Topic ID: 269133)

TNT Amusements Best Offer Sale:Safe to Register?

By pintim80

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200606_124859 (resized).jpg
    The Rise and Fall of an Arcade Empire Cover - FRONT (resized).jpg
    sleepyheadTodd (resized).JPG
    BestOffer4 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manimal.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

If you think that if your home address getting out in the open doesn't matter much, keep in mind that hackers are also sometimes pranksters. They could send glitter bombs, dog poop, order a pizza for delivery, or even go as far as to swat the address. If you don't know what swatting is, that means someone calls in a fake emergency to the police. People have died as a result of this with police arriving at the address thinking it's a life-or-death situation based on the information given in the fake 911 call.
    So yeah--an insecure website containing personal information can be quite a serious matter these days.
    [edit]: If you would like to check if your email address has been listed within a known data breach, this is a legitimate website to check with: https://haveibeenpwned.com/

I realize the risks, given my many years in Law Enforcement, but I would add that about anyone with any kind of keyboard competency can obtain address info pretty easily, along with a ton of other stuff that you would never think of. There are all kinds of public databases out there....you just need to look in the right place. Ever hand someone a written check? I know they are less and less common these days.....but you realize you just handed them your bank account and routing number, along with your name and often times your address and phone number. Doesn't make it right...and I am not saying you should not protect the info....what I am saying is not to have a false sense of security because you only frequent so-called "secure" sites. And the guy that "died" because someone swatted his address.....that address wasn't even correct. It was a fake address one person gave to the other as his own when they were arguing....the problem was, he pulled it out of thin air. That could happen to anyone at any time. In the KS case, the guy that got shot was completely innocent, and having his address published somewhere had absolutely nothing to do with the case...he just had the mis-fortune of living at the address the guy made up.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from pintim80:

But I looked into this and found out that in PA, TNT Amusements is a non-essential business and according to the governor of PA is suppose to closed. According to TNT Amusements youtube videos
    its open for business.

Good lord...has it really come to this?

#33 3 years ago

Personally, this is my favorite

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

What you might not know is that with a little bit of effort, most of that can be removed from open public view. Just google the name of the site that it appears on and something along the lines of "how to remove" or "removal instructions" or "removal request", and you can usually find info on how to request a take-down of your personal info.

Trust me, after all these years in law enforcement, I work hard to keep the personal info scrubbed as much as possible, but I have quite a few cases that I was involved in which were public view, so I am out there quite a bit. I once had an inmate give every prisoner getting paroled my phone number and address he got in the early days of internet. I got all kinds of phone calls and letters threatening myself and my family. It went on for months, so I know the dangers. But today, all you need to do is search your local county or state property tax databases, and you can get a ton of info. Most of those sites are mandated public by law. Court records, and other public sites are also open by design. I can probably even find pics of the inside of your house if it was listed to one of the realtor databases.

My point is, it's a digital world, and we should never give up protecting our personal info and privacy. But just because you follow all of the best practices, doesn't mean you aren't out there for the world to see. I wasn't arguing...merely pointing out how insecure we all are. I think we agree on that point...lol

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Back when you had to fill in emergency contact information on paper boarding passes for international flights, a co-worker who I traveled with often always put down William Clinton at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
    I have to admit that I have used 1060 West Addison (60613) for idiotic address requests more than once.

For over two years I signed pretty much everything that wasn't a court document with the name John Wayne....it started as a gag and then became a challenge....no one ever noticed. Time sheets, evaluations, checks....everything. I even made the name purposely legible....but still no one noticed. After a couple of years, I finally gave up, but it basically proved how worthless a signature is.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manimal.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tnt-amusements-best-offer-salesafe-to-register?tu=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.