(Topic ID: 269133)

TNT Amusements Best Offer Sale:Safe to Register?

By pintim80

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200606_124859 (resized).jpg
    The Rise and Fall of an Arcade Empire Cover - FRONT (resized).jpg
    sleepyheadTodd (resized).JPG
    BestOffer4 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atrainn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

Welcome aboard "PinTim80"! I see you joined just 16 hours ago and we now have been blessed with your first post! You certainly went to alot of trouble to register--why not have "Your Friend" post your findings? At least he would have the backing of some kind of background on this forum! I also noticed your "name" is awfully close to one of our Twins--Tim--email name which is grimtim1980@ .... hmmmmm ......ummmmm.....and the town you live in is Abingdon, the town right NEXT to Tim's town in Maryland! Ahhhhh.... Ohhhhhh.... Could this be a NEW Troll or and OLD Troll? Hmmmmm....
    Anyway, we will look forward to MORE of your helpful posts!
    We also noticed someone in Maryland with same "name" tried to register on our site about the same time you "Joined" the forum and we denied it--very suspicious information. And please get back to your "friend" (you have one??) and tell him how great you are! Todd Tuckey

I'm not going to do a deep assessment or anything, but I assume his friend is figuring you all are sending credentials in plaintext since you aren't using SSL on the login page (or anywhere else on the site that I can see). Since you aren't using SSL I'd hope you're performing client-side encryption before transmitting any creds. Ideally you'd also be encrypting at rest too.

Most browsers will do a very basic check for sites not using HTTPS and warn about signing up for those sites. Even if you are doing client-side encryption I'd recommend updating the site as it would alleviate some of the concerns around that.

Edit: Looks like people already addressed this earlier in the thread anyway. My bad.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atrainn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tnt-amusements-best-offer-salesafe-to-register?tu=atrainn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.