Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dtown
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Go_Girl.jpg
    IMG_20130602_114855.jpg

#1 10 years ago

anyone else enjoy wanching the videos from TNT? Love to see the pins and arcades rehabbed. wish I was closer I would have him deck out one of my pins.

#2 10 years ago

Honestly, you can do anything they're doing to your own games. Just clean them up, do a tasteful LED conversion, and you'll be good.

#3 10 years ago

yeah I did as much as I could. I need playfield touch ups and new skin for my cab. new mylar or clear coat

#4 10 years ago

Which of your games is this for?

#6 10 years ago

Happen to have pictures of the game?

#7 10 years ago

nothing showing the wear

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from dementedwarlok:

anyone else enjoy wanching the videos from TNT? Love to see the pins and arcades rehabbed.

I love watching his videos. There are some good tips in those videos.

Pappy

#9 10 years ago

This is the worst spot on my pin. Also on the end of the ramps near the flippers looks similar.

IMG_20130602_114855.jpgIMG_20130602_114855.jpg

#10 10 years ago

"Aaaaah Living is good, isnt it folks?"

#11 10 years ago

Isn't TNT the same guys that threw pins off a roof?

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

#13 10 years ago

have ya seen this one? I really wish i lived next door to them

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Yep. That was TNT. What you don't realize is that Todd tried giving those cabinets away first, for free, to anyone that wanted them.

When no one claimed them he used them in the stunt that you see on those promo videos.

He get's dogged for that stunt quite often, but those that get the joke and know the whole story laugh when he get's dogged for it.

Right now he's got a reality show type thing being shown on the local TV stations up there several times a month which is a fun watch too.

#15 10 years ago

Love watching the videos he puts up! I have bought several pins from him in the past, he is a good guy!

#16 10 years ago

I love watching his videos.
    He has some great stories also. I'm sure he has seen it all over the years.

#17 10 years ago

I bought my Congo from Todd at TNT...it was awesome!

#18 10 years ago

I really enjoy TNTs videoes.
    Respect for anybody that gives new life for these old games.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Here you go!

#20 10 years ago

I doubt that you will talk to anyone who knows Todd that doesn't have something nice to say about him. He is just kind of a fun guy to be around and for a guy in the business he still really seems to love the hobby.

A little crazy in his own way - yes! A little different - yes! But Todd is Todd and being Todd is what makes Todd fun to watch or be around.

I have never been to his place but I know for years he has given stuff away off his loading dock. Some machines are just to far gone or not worth bringing back and guys like Todd understand this and make getting rid of their trash fun by tossing it off the roof.

It is kind of upsetting to see machines get parted out but sometimes that is what is best.

Anyway - Todd if you happen to read this keep having fun and we will see you at York in a few months!

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from pkiefert:

What you don't realize is that Todd tried giving those cabinets away first, for free, to anyone that wanted them.

When no one claimed them he used them in the stunt that you see on those promo videos.

He didn't try very hard. I find it hard to believe (even back then) that nobody would take those for free. I think I could maybe stomach just cabinets getting destroyed, but fully populated playfields are another story. Hell, people happily take scratched up playfield glass and rusty legs these days

#22 10 years ago

I talked to him for a chunk at Allentown this year, and he had me rolling in laughter. Just a nice guy as always- the kind of guy that wishes you a Happy Birthday on your facebook page, which not everyone takes the time out to do.

He was telling me a story about a guy that converted an Earthshaker machine 20 years ago, into a cross dressing theme but it was genius design. The backglass had some kind of screen that showed a picture of you, then as you progressed through the game, it put you in drag- it was crazy! But also noted that the guy just disappeared, but should have been hired by one of the big companies because of how sophisticated this game was.

As far as the machines go getting tossed of the roof, one example was a LAH they got from a customer in trade or something. I guess the previous owner left the glass off so their cat used it as a litter box- there was cat piss all inside the game, down the playfield...lol

#23 10 years ago

Todd recently tried giving away a bunch of cabinets & playfields and some of those still ended up in their dumpster. I wish I lived closer because I save ever screw and bracket off every machine I junk but when you are paying people to part out machines there is only so much that is practical to try to save.

Remember the roof thing was done one time for advertising - this is not an on going thing. Trashing a few junk machines got Todd and TNT a lot of exposure over the years. Is it sad to see this happen - yes, was it a smart business move - only Todd can answer that question, but bottom line Todd is different and so is a stunt like that so what the heck. They were his machines so he has every right to do what he wants with them.

Anyway - like I said in my first post Todd is one of a kind - and maybe it is a good thing - but he still makes this crazy hobby fun and has done a lot over the years for the hobby.

#24 10 years ago

I am 5 minutes awaay from TNT. Kids have b-day parties there and my kids are invited, I have to go on those. Todd is a different bird but a good one. He is in the buisiness more then most. He has a great business going and is positive for pinball end of story.

#25 10 years ago

I hope to meet him some day

#26 10 years ago

Todd has been in every one of our Pins and Vids DVD episodes too.

I've got several more segments filmed the last time I was up in his area for the next DVD too.

I love that one of the companies we bought is just 10 miles from his storefront, so everytime I get up there on business I stop by and hang out with him for a bit.

#27 10 years ago

notice how it said 2001 at the end, even some of the pins they threw off the roof get decent money nowdays. Nice idea though

#28 10 years ago

What is more upsetting than Todd tossing a few "junk" machines off a roof is how many machines are still sitting in leaky warehouses and barns just rotting away. If anyone knows of any old operators just sitting on machines please contact them and try to get them to sell them before they become total trash.

I have seen this first hand several times and it always makes me sad. Even worse is to see old burn plies with dozens of machines part way burned instead of at least recycling the copper & stuff. For every machine that lives on at least a dozen have been destroyed. We can't save all of them but please at least try to save as many as possible.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

If anyone knows of any old operators just sitting on machines please contact them and try to get them to sell them before they become total trash.

Been there; attempted to do that. The op wanted top dollar for some real beaters. I did a lot better elsewhere.

#30 10 years ago

I have seen pins where you cannot even see the pf artwork because of dirt and the op still won't sell it.

#31 10 years ago

Todd's good people. For me personally, he's been nothing but helpful and nice over the years.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

He was telling me a story about a guy that converted an Earthshaker machine 20 years ago, into a cross dressing theme but it was genius design. The backglass had some kind of screen that showed a picture of you, then as you progressed through the game, it put you in drag- it was crazy! But also noted that the guy just disappeared, but should have been hired by one of the big companies because of how sophisticated this game was.

I played that game at the Pinball Fantasy show in Vegas back in 1997 I believe.
    It was an awesome machine and had a line of people waiting to play it.
    Probably have a photo somewhere if I can dig it up.

#33 10 years ago

I seen that drag queen table in a pin documentary. You had to stand in high heels that were built in.

#34 10 years ago

Love the videos.
    Good way to get a small look at pins you have not seen before.
    Way too much flak about the stuff thrown off the roof. It was a stunt. A long time ago. Get over it.

#35 10 years ago

Actually it was cool to see some of those old cabs Take the fall and still be in somewhat 1 piece.

#36 10 years ago

I met Todd at expo 99 Chicago and he gave away all his good business tricks to us in a seminar . He seems like a very bright business man. He holds party nights for the kids to enjoy pizza and pinball which helps the local community and youth. This also gives his games a good test before they sell. Rents a party room to help defer his expenses.

Rob

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from ronlisa:

Here you go!
    » YouTube video

Sooo, the games weren't just gutted cabs or something... they were complete(ish) games with useable playfields, translites, legs, maybe boards too....

That pretty much blows. I would've gladly taken that Street Fighter 2 and Last Action Hero if they'd actually been offered up for free, even if they did need a lot of work and money put into them.

#38 10 years ago

He was telling me a story about a guy that converted an Earthshaker machine 20 years ago, into a cross dressing theme but it was genius design. The backglass had some kind of screen that showed a picture of you, then as you progressed through the game, it put you in drag- it was crazy!

The game was called, "Go Girl!"

Go_Girl.jpgGo_Girl.jpg

#39 10 years ago

Yep. That is it.
    I remember having my face on that screen with that crazy red wig shown on the right.
    Standing in those heels was quite a challenge as well.

#40 10 years ago

I really enjoy his videos. I like to watch them when I'm at workie and should be working

#41 10 years ago

Yes. I check about two to three times a week for new vids. He and his guys seem to work long hours as they're typically doing these vids around 9 to 10 at night. Seems like a decent guy although I can't help but think of Morey (Chuck Low) from Goodfellas when I see him.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tnt-amusements and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.