46%

(259 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9A924457-2492-4F3F-A12F-AA32D328AC60 (resized).jpeg
tna-pinball-playfield (resized).jpg
Beatles-Gold-Playfield (resized).jpg
old gregg (resized).jpg
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

Curious what people think about this comparison. 2 no ramp games.

#2 4 years ago

Beatles for me I prefer the theme, music, and It has more things to do.

#3 4 years ago

Wow, those themes are totally different.

I don't have any love for the beatles so it would be TNA all the way for me.

Still hope we see a re-theme of Beatles into a modern day sea witch at some point, with a bit better price point (no Beatles license).

#4 4 years ago

both good games.

#6 4 years ago

TNA unless you are a Beatles fanatic and hate techno/retro stuff!

#7 4 years ago

Pretty even for me. Deadpool and Beatles were my 2 favorite games at MGC this year. Might give the edge to Beatles.

#8 4 years ago

TNA by a million miles.

#9 4 years ago

I cannot believe Beatles is winning this poll. TNA was one of the most creative games to come out in years, with a great music score and the best light show in the history of pinball...

#10 4 years ago

I own TNA and Beatles wins by a lot. Both are fun, both are good at what they do. TNA is certainly more creative but Beatles is simply a better playing game.

#11 4 years ago

Beatles has a lot more to do in terms of modes, multi balls, and shot variation. Music and art are subjective but in my opinion better on Beatles. The LCD animations are much better on Beatles. TNA has a physical ball lock, lock stealing, full RGB lighting, and co-op mode that Beatles lacks. That said TNA got repetitive and old for me really fast and I much prefer Beatles.

#12 4 years ago

TNA brings to most people. Anger. Confusion and frustration... Beatles brings. Joy. Fun and happiness... easy vote.

#13 4 years ago

The Beatles. Fast, fun and way underrated.

#14 4 years ago

Never played a Beatles, so I didn't vote, can't compare something you've never tried, though I own TNA. But if I never play a Beatles I won't care, zero interest in it with that art package and song list. A Seawitch 2.0 would have been much cooler, but they couldn't sucker people into those dumb prices with that, so there you have it.

But as far as polls go, Beatles will win, because people get all angsty when they spend lots of money and will feel compelled to show up and vote to feel good about it. That's my prediction at least.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Never played a Beatles, so I didn't vote, can't compare something you've never tried, though I own TNA. But if I never play a Beatles I won't care, zero interest in it with that art package and song list. A Seawitch 2.0 would have been much cooler, but they couldn't sucker people into those dumb prices with that, so there you have it.
But as far as polls go, Beatles will win, because people get all angsty when they spend lots of money and will feel compelled to show up and vote to feel good about it. That's my prediction at least.

I would say I had your exact opinion about Beatles before I played it. After I played it I loved it. I played it over and over at MGC.

#16 4 years ago

I’ve got both and they’re so different. I’m playing Beatles more because it’s mode based which helps switch up strategies, but TNA is great as well and a huge hit with guests and won’t leave my collection any time soon.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I would say I had your exact opinion about Beatles before I played it. After I played it I loved it. I played it over and over at MGC.

Playing it won't change:

The art
The songs
The price

All of which make me basically not care one whit about it. But as I said, I didn't vote since I haven't played it. I've played Seawitch though, I like early solid states, I'm sure it's fun in this new version. "Modern" solid states are a thing I've felt should exist for years, it's just a pity it was attached to such a dumb cash grab.

#18 4 years ago

Don't particularly like either theme but Beatles is a much better and fun shooting game. As others said, I find TNA repetitive and boring.

#19 4 years ago

Beatles is more fun and it isn’t even close.

#20 4 years ago

I prefer Beatles over TNA. I love the co-op mode on TNA. If you have a lot of parties TNA is fun, not as much fun solo

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I own TNA and Beatles wins by a lot. Both are fun, both are good at what they do. TNA is certainly more creative but Beatles is simply a better playing game.

I could not agree More! Beatles is just fun and fast as heck! The rules are amazing also!

#22 4 years ago

I liked TNA a lot but only played it a bit so I didn't vote.

Beatles looks like a lunchbox, sounds like a retirement home, and seems aimed at monkeys with it's simplicity...But goddamn it's really fun.

Like super fun.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I liked TNA a lot but onl'y played it a bit so I didn't vote.
Beatles looks like a lunchbox, sounds like a retirement home, and seems aimed at monkeys with it's simplicity...But goddamn it's really fun.
Like super fun.

You get it! I don't even like the theme really but the game is so much fun to shoot. It doesn't feel as repetitive as TNA.

#24 4 years ago

I can't think of a game worse than Beatles and this comes from a Beatles music fan. I've given it a try at 3 different shows and each time I end up plunging my last ball and let it drain because I'm so tired of it. Just boring. And as far as art, I'm guessing I am the only guy on Pinside who can't stand Franchi's art. And the callouts couldn't be worse. Cousin Brucie's voice grates on me. I can't listen to Sirius 60's in the evening because his show runs for hours. TNA has great rules, music, and minimalist art that works. Love the lock mech. It does get repetitive quick so I traded mine. But can't think of a better game to play with or against someone. I always play it on location or a show if it's there.

#25 4 years ago

They are such different games, but I love TNA. So, TNA by a long shot.

#26 4 years ago

I own TNA and have played Beatles a fair bit.

Since I won't buy Beatles due to the art, songs, and price primarily... I voted for TNA.

That said, the perfect game for me would be a combination of the two. I'd take TNA's rules/theme/music/code (coop!!!) with the Beatles playfield (optical spinner!! -- I love it soooo much). I enjoy the shots and flow of Beatles by a mile. And BTW, I enjoy Beatles over the old Sea Witch by a mile. The improvements are much more significant than I expected.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Both are neat games but Beatles is more fun imo and I’m not an old guy and I will never have the money to buy either

#28 4 years ago

I've got both. TNA's tougher and faster. Beatles is far from easy, but easier to feel like you've done something. Both perpetually "one more game" to them. I'd say the non-pinheads that visit appreciate Beatles over TNA. Neither one is leaving any time soon in my collection.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I can't think of a game worse than Beatles and this comes from a Beatles music fan. I've given it a try at 3 different shows and each time I end up plunging my last ball and let it drain because I'm so tired of it. Just boring. And as far as art, I'm guessing I am the only guy on Pinside who can't stand Franchi's art. And the callouts couldn't be worse. Cousin Brucie's voice grates on me. I can't listen to Sirius 60's in the evening because his show runs for hours. TNA has great rules, music, and minimalist art that works. Love the lock mech. It does get repetitive quick so I traded mine. But can't think of a better game to play with or against someone. I always play it on location or a show if it's there.

As long as its not Beatles vs. Striker Extreme, which ever game it is vs. The Beatles would get the nod for me. The Beatles is an absolute joke and waste. The greatest theme of all time was flushed down the toilet.

#30 4 years ago

I own both, like both, but prefer the Beatles over TNA.

#31 4 years ago

The Beatles is on my wishlist, but TNA would be my last pin standing.

#32 4 years ago

Beatles by far! Much more enjoyable game that has better modes, code, and shots. Ball lock stealing is a great feature on TNA, but only satisfying in multi player games.

Yes, I’ve played both extensively and competitively.

#33 4 years ago

I don’t have enough experience on TNA so no vote but The Beatles is a truly fun pin! I think it gets ridiculed too much but am surprised it’s holding up in this poll.

#34 4 years ago

Both are fun. Side by side, I will play TNA every day!

It is not even close.

#35 4 years ago

There is no comparison none what so ever. TNA has nothing, no toys, terrible Artwork, the game is super small so in your colllection it stands out like a sore thumb. Also if you talk to operators they will all tell you the game doesn’t produce. The game just looks awful.

I do understand some hardcore pinball players like the game, but honestly TNA and Beatles are very much the same as for the game itself. There difference hands down is Beatles is really nicely themed and TNA is NOT!

I’ve played the game and its kind of fun to play, but you can get really bored of it if you owned I would imagine.

Beatles has some of the best theming Stern has ever done. To create a 60’s style pinball game with modern tech, it really is an amazing looking pinball game. Beatles also has some flaws, there isn’t much going on in the game, virtually no toys, but the game is very much like TNA in that its for for hard core pinball players. I think both games are great pinball tournament games, but only Beatles is actually a collectible game.

As basic as Beatles is its an amazing looking and fun game. Beatles by a MILE!

#36 4 years ago

Never tried Beatles but wish I could own one. TNA is my favorite game.

#37 4 years ago

From a value perspective, it’s difficult to argue against TNA. From a play perspective, I own TNA and I’ve only played Beatles a handful of times, so I’m not voting.

#38 4 years ago

I like them both, so it would be a close call. If I were going to have one and not the other in my collection I would choose the Beatles. I just like the theme and overall package a little better and think it would keep my interest longer.

#39 4 years ago

I haven’t played either, but I was in a room with a TNA once and there were a couple of little Seth Green lookin dudes wearing extra long shorts & backpacks holding bottled waters while raving out next to the TNA...they said my shirt looked like the sky and tried to rub my head...weird shit, I had to bounce...

#40 4 years ago

iv played both a few times and love the Beatles art/animations but LOVE the music / led light show on TNA they are both quite different machines so depending what your into etc.... is how you will vote. I wouldn't say ones better then the other, just very different styles.

#41 4 years ago

TNA is cool but Beatles gives me a one more ball feeling much more. Both games are fun to play with friends. Close call but I give the nod to the Abbey Road Crew.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I cannot believe Beatles is winning this poll. TNA was one of the most creative games to come out in years, with a great music score and the best light show in the history of pinball...

And no ramps

#43 4 years ago

Played both. Beatles wins for me.

#44 4 years ago

The Beatles for the win, a retro game with enough modern twists to make it feel current
The most iconic musical act of all time represented in a pinball machine, for the first and perhaps only time
Easily over TNA and a majority of all other pinball machines also

#45 4 years ago

Beatles > TNA

I have had a couple sessions on TNA - that was enough. The whole rinse/repeat nature of the gameplay got old surprisingly fast.

#46 4 years ago

I was on the fence when considering purchasing the Beatles or TNA. Both are unique and fun to play. Both have a simplistic layout that will tend to get old quick or feel like chopping wood(especially in small collection). I felt if I bought Beatles it would get old quicker than TNA for me. I decided to go with TNA and it is one of the best purchases I ever made. The music, sounds, layout and lighting make it one of the coolest pinball machines ever made. It is a difficult game with a simplistic layout. For some people it will get old quickly, but if you have multiple machines in a collection it never gets old and adds to the diversity. I still would like a Beatles but I feel it is a $4500 machine-not $7000. If I can get a Beatles close to $4000+/- I may consider one but in the meantime I would rather have a Elvis back in the collection for $4000.

I love my TNA and it is also a favorite game among guest that visit. I hooked up an extra 10" sub and it shakes the entire room, people are literally blown away when they play it. TNA>Beatles

#47 4 years ago

gotta say it is pretty amazing to see one of the biggest licenses of ALL time, made by the multimillion dollar experienced pinball manufacturer in a dead heat tie with a game made by a first time designer, coder, engineer, music talent, and new artist by the smallest pinball company specializing in small production runs from middle of nowhere Benton...

That alone is awesome and congrats to the whole spooky team and Scott!

#48 4 years ago

Not even close for me. TNA by a big mile.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

gotta say it is pretty amazing to see one of the biggest licenses of ALL time, made by the multimillion dollar experienced pinball manufacturer in a dead heat tie with a game made by a first time designer, coder, engineer, music talent, and new artist by the smallest pinball company specializing in small production runs from middle of nowhere Benton...
That alone is awesome and congrats to the whole spooky team and Scott!

If I’m not mistaken they are the only two modern single level games in existence, what else would you compare them with post 2010 or even post 1993?

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:If I’m not mistaken they are the only two modern single level games in existence, what else would you compare them with post 2010 or even post 1993?

You are mistaken.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tna-vs-beatles?hl=pinball7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.