Topic poll

“Which is better”

• TNA 136 votes
    54%
  • Beatles 117 votes
    46%

(253 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9A924457-2492-4F3F-A12F-AA32D328AC60 (resized).jpeg
tna-pinball-playfield (resized).jpg
Beatles-Gold-Playfield (resized).jpg
old gregg (resized).jpg

There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 months ago
Quoted from rai:

It makes me wonder if TNA inspired Stern to make The Beatles a one level affair rather than a typical Stern modern pin. I am not sure if the pins were on parallel developments or if TNA pre-dated Beatles by a good margin

TNA spent a long time going to shows as a white wood where it got a lot of positive attention. I think TNA absolutely influenced Stern. Heck, Stern tried to hire Scott...

#102 6 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I vote for TNA, but Beatles is not bad. It makes me wonder if TNA inspired Stern to make The Beatles a one level affair rather than a typical Stern modern pin. I am not sure if the pins were on parallel developments or if TNA pre-dated Beatles by a good margin.
I know TNA has been out for ~2 years and the development before that so it might have been 3+ years people have known about TNA. Not sure how much if any Stern would know or care about TNA prior to or during the development of The Beatles.
To me The Beatles is fun but in a more laid back way and TNA is more intense and vicious game (which I prefer) I am surprised to see that these pins are close together on the votes because to me thinking more people on Pinside own TNA and would likely vote that way.

Didn’t Stern make Whoa Nellie before TNA? Did that influence Scott to make a fun version of a modern single level game ?

#103 6 months ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Didn’t Stern make Whoa Nellie before TNA? Did that influence Scott to make a fun version of a modern single level game ?

Whoa Nellie was originally a boutique reskin of an EM before Stern made it. Scott was making his own homage to 80s SS games. Nellie had no influence at all.

#104 6 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Whoa Nellie was originally a boutique reskin of an EM before Stern made it. Scott was making his own homage to 80s SS games. Nellie had no influence at all.

Well, perhaps Whoa Nellie did influence TNA... Maybe after playing that slow albatross of a game, Scott decided to take the opposite approach.

#105 6 months ago

Great post. Having both in my collection I can say tna is much harder to master. Beatles beats it only in art work IMO. Beatles is no Sea Witch being it is super smooth shot wise. My current plan is to put both up for sale at the same time and let fait decide till Scott's next game hits...then decision has to be made again. My plan is to only have one single level game in the collection.

#106 6 months ago

Two great tastes that taste great together.

#107 6 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Two great tastes that taste great together.

Deep thought

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 59.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside