Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Toyguy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 months ago

So.....I purchased the TNA side rail lighting from hooked on pinball but it didn’t come with instructions and the info on their website is basic and doesn’t help a mod n00b.

How to I take off the side rails?
Do I have to remove the back box hinge? If so, how do you do that?
Any other things I need to know?

All help is greatly appreciated and I probably should give Hooked on Pinball some feedback that there’s very basic people buying there products that need step by step instructions. If those exist anywhere then I’m sorry for spinning this up.

#2 8 months ago

There are some screw heads visible along each rail. In addition, the flipper buttons need to be unscrewed and taken out in order to remove the rail. These have hot glue keeping them in place. I was able to use a heat gun to get the glue nice and soft before pulling it off with needle nose pliers.

Once the rails are off, lay the EL mats on them to get an idea of the best placement. The clear portion will be punctured by the screws you removed earlier, so make sure it's lined up with the screw holes in the rail. I know some folks are running the wires through the mesh in the back of the cabinet, but I was able to route them around the back edge of the playfield glass.

#3 8 months ago

And no need to remove the hinges. The rails will slide out around them. I used a little masking tape to create a hinge keeping the tape aligned as I stuck them down. That worked well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakville, MO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside