(Topic ID: 202129)

TNA - Overreliance on Drop Targets/Multiball?

By IceFang

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

Definitely a problem. If you can catch the ball coming down the right orbit from a plunge you can just go straight to backhanding. Apparently there's some options/rules to make MB more difficult though, I've heard you have to bash down all the drops and get the ball in the scoop in back or something? Still the same shot though, and we know how tournament players love a repeatable shot. Requiring a random target, or completing a reactor, or something, to relight locks would be much better. Especially when multiball also gives you the score multiplier...

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The lock shot is really tier 1 of play strategy (novice) to this game.
For more intermediate and advance strategies you for sure need to be able to no hands plunge, hit key pad (from the correct flipper to avoid drains), hit left scoop, bounce pass, post pass, loop pass, hit orbits, dead catch from either scoop, back hand from both flippers, learn to beat the auto plunge, stage your inlanes to boost ball save level and cash in as needed, build multiplier, and cash in mysteries. Oh yes... you also need to hit more and more shots the further you go in the reactors. I am hoping once you get to 5 reactors that you start having to hit shots in the upper pf area??? (most i have seen is 4 shots needed since only made it to 4 reactors so far)
Reality is the physical game is nearly perfectly balanced with the ruleset already.
It really does a disservice to say it it all about 1 shot because the game is so much more than that.
TBT, the lock shot is just 1 of the many shots on the entire pf and you realy do need to be able to hit them all to get far in the game.

But is there any reason not to be making all those other shots when you're already in multiball? I don't see why you wouldn't just cradle up and pick shots off while you've got a spare ball or two waiting (and double scoring to boot)

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Play some games on one and get back to us. I am trying to get better at that level of control in MB but with the short pf and punishing misses it is damn tough.

I'd love to play one but sadly I don't see one coming to my area any time soon. I'm not good enough to play 2 ball for a long time either, but every video I've seen of Game of Thrones (which has a similarly small lower section and punishes you for missed shots) multiball being played in tournaments involves a lot of controlled play and none of those players seem to have much trouble with it. I'm sure if they could just shoot the middle ramp to light locks as well as collect them they'd loop that ramp all day before taking any other shots. The danger of the green targets relative to the other shots makes that strategy less viable there, but on TnA I don't see the lock shot being any more dangerous than the other shots (in fact I'd imagine especially once you've finished that first drop that it's actually safer than the standups?)

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

A question for you pinball champs.
For those of you who have played this game and F-14 Tomcat, how do they compare in difficulty? Both games have ball stealing. I ask because I have an F-14 and I think it is hard.

F-14 doesn't have lock stealing (unless it's a setting that's always been off when I played)...

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Oh, my mistake!
I should have said ball Trashing.
Yes, F-14 will kick out your locked ball if another player locks a ball after you on their turn. So this is not ball sealing. This confused my the first time it happened. I thought the game was malfunctioning. LOL!

F-14 is cool though because it will just relock the balls off their plunge, so they don't lose them. Possibly the best physical lock handling I've seen

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tna-overreliance-on-drop-targetsmultiball?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.