(Topic ID: 224517)

TNA may be stopping at #550.... skyrocket value or not?

By Dantesmark

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 278 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How much??”

• Value reaches 9k+ 9 votes
    4%
  • Value reaches 8k 10 votes
    4%
  • Value stays the same 206 votes
    92%

(225 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3ee6d0677455b0c4f0915a88bbfa219c04cddd75.jpeg (resized).jpg
deals (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 1.52.51 PM (resized).png
giphy (resized).png
st (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 5 years ago

Where is the option value will drop lower?

#14 5 years ago

Isn't there one in California that still hasn't sold for 6k? I was even surprised to see how soft the market has gotten when I was recently selling mine. If this game was readily available it would be high 5 right now.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Trust me, Alien is not half baked. In honeymoon phase but its one of my favorite pins top to bottom and left to right!
I'd sell IMDN tomorrow before I'd let go of Alien.
I don't doubt that Lawlor's DI is awesome because he is a pinball genius. Waiting for his next pin.

Alien is one of the best new pins. Smokes TnA right there with DI. The main issues is it's not reliable. If you don't have issues now, you will eventually. If it was reliable it beats even DI to me

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My LE has less issues than any other pin I own.
The latest versions are very reliable and the community is amazing for addressing any issues people might have.
I have extra IO boards, LED's etc.....
The idea that "if i don't have issues now I will eventually" doesn't worry me one bit. What pin doesn't? WTF
If Stern or JJP made this pin at this stage people would be blowing their minds right now!

Aways so defensive.... Not sure why.... I'm just letting you know that almost all users including myself have had issues with the game and they're not of the switch doesn't work type. So your LE works now.... Good for you. I hope you don't have any issues but it just sucks that a game that good is basically on life support. Pinside community is amazing to step up but I made the decision that I rather not chance a 8k toy on a community. I would love to own one again bc it's one of the best. Enjoy it.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I know Delt, we are in the same boat. Congrats on selling it. Good for you.
Thrilled with my AlienLE
I've had "issues" with just about every pin I've owned. You?
You aren't a long termer and that's ok

yeah many issues with many games - learned a lot along the way....

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

And as for this Alien is half baked and unreliable stuff....again, let’s read between the lines - Delt wants to buy another Alien so he’s dogging the game a bit.
Alien is a superb, fully developed game that is very fun and one of the best themes in pinball.

Dogging alien? I'm not a read bw the lines guy. I'm an original production buyer and supporter of the game ever since, I would never dog alien. There is a reason I've left my Avatar as is.... It represents the best new game on the market when working.

As for me wanting to buy another....I would love to! Whether I do or not depends on my risk appetite which seems to change every day on that game. Gut feeling is I prob will again as I'm amazed at the community support.

#151 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Sorry - I attributed the half baked comment to you but it was someone else.
But I disagree on your unreliable comment. The early production games had some Xeno head issues, but the late production games are rock solid. Other than a flipper gap that I had to adjust, Ive had zero issues on mine.
It’s all good - I think you should certainly grab another one if you can. There aren’t many for sale as owners are very happy with the game.

Yeah we'll see. I know you and Mark mentioned that later production were much better but I know of two with xeno head issues that were in that group. I get your point though that the later ones where better. Even mine had a few issues in the beginning but 4 months of no issues before I sold so I understand the game can work. It's just that the game no longer has the company that built it behind it. That's the only part that irks me a little. Just not sure I want to get involved with that again but we'll see

The game is awesome though

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so you are saying you dont have contact info on these multiple TNAs at bargain prices???

Did you see the TnA for 6k that was sitting last week? Maybe he was talking about that one

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so you are saying you dont have contact info on these multiple TNAs at bargain prices???

GREAT NEWS!!! It's still for sale! 6k!

Contact info = check the marketplace. Here's the link!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-total-nuclear-annihilation-9#post-4574214

Thank me later.... ; )

#201 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ummm...
That is $5 more than NIB...
He said

It's actually less than NIB (no tax and/or shipping) and start to add in the mods? Not even close.....

This marketplace ad is the anwer to this topic.

Lower.

#205 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Why is everyone so worked up about this? Who cares if the game goes up or down a little? What is there to prove here?
[quoted image]

Not sure if that was directed towards my previous post. I'm just answering Whysnow as he seemed to have missed the current marketplace ad for this game.
He likes price pumping this game - not sure why. Well I know why but we all know why right?

#211 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Wasn't direct at you delt, maybe snyper2099 a little bit! That said, he's been on here for 11 years and knows way more about the state of the market than I do. I just don't understand why everyone gets so worked up about it and trying to predict the future. So many factors come into play. Whats available in your area, do you have to ship the game, condition, how motivated the seller is. Just not sure anyone is going to change anyone else's mind.

Can't comment on his experience - I've seen him around here (avatar used to be the simpsons if I remember). Seems like a good guy majority of the time. I remember he was involved with Alien around the time I was. That being said, facts are facts and current state of TnA is not nearly as high as he explains. I just proved that with the current ad at 6k.

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I gotta ask... what exactly did you end up getting for your game? The ad was just ended three days ago. Was it less than $6K?
[quoted image]

I don't share final deals but I can confirm it was def more than 6k value wise. In fact, it seems the market is really dropping on TnA right now which is why I have that opinion. I just go off of facts. Some guy is selling a like new modded TnA for 6k and can't sell it. That is really surprising to me but forgot my opinion or Whysnow - the market is the final verdict on these things and it is speaking loud right now.

#221 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

That wasn't me. Don't know who you think I was but my handle has always been the same since 1996, even on RGP. I've been around pinball forums a bit longer than 11 years.

I'm taking about whysnow

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

One data point (one machine not selling) is hardly a indicative of absolute value... especially if you've sold one for more than $6K value-wise within the last few weeks.

I'm talking about what TnA used to demand. A month ago it was getting over 7k no questions asked. Now 6k seems to still be out there.

And yes - in this market even 1 pin sitting will begin to move the bar. Look at Houdini.

This has nothing to do with TnA being "bad".... I think it's great! Just so many pins coming out

1 month later
#270 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This website is full of positive and negative opinions on any machine. Some of the negative opinions on these other machines have even been deleted and users blocked from making any further comments about them.
But crap like "for $6000, this game should at least have some ramps" is one of the stupidest things I've read, because I'm not paying for ramps. (Plus I can always add my own. lol)
What I'm paying this much for besides a great game, is a playfield made out of the hardest, best quality wood available with a clearcoat to match that will probably last forever, and a cabinet built like a brick shithouse that I don't have to do special work to to make sure it doesn't come apart at the seams. Not to mention the sound system that is far above any of the others out there.
I almost forgot- and a real backglass.

People who say it needs ramps to justify the price are dumb dumbs.....afmr surprised me too and it's one of my favorite games.

This game got boring for the same reasons RAI heard. Code and lack of shots. I'm a single player though

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tna-may-be-stopping-at-550-skyrocket-value-or-not?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.