(Topic ID: 224517)

TNA may be stopping at #550.... skyrocket value or not?

By Dantesmark

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 278 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How much??”

• Value reaches 9k+ 9 votes
    4%
  • Value reaches 8k 10 votes
    4%
  • Value stays the same 206 votes
    92%

(225 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3ee6d0677455b0c4f0915a88bbfa219c04cddd75.jpeg (resized).jpg
deals (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 1.52.51 PM (resized).png
giphy (resized).png
st (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

In addition, with new games having LCD / LED screens now, I see DMD taking a big drop. How can you justify a well worn DMD for $4,000 when you could get a new LCD for $5,500? Or a slightly used LCD for less ($4,500??).

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's not enough money nor users in the market to support 20 pins in the next 12 months. Probably not even enough to support 10 in 12 months. Economics is why they can't all win. Most aren't running on the Spooky model.
It's a great time to be a pinball fan, but if you're making them...yikes.

I agree with you, but at the same time older game used prices keep climbing and NIB sales remain strong even under ever rising NIB pricing. I keep thinking there’s no way this will continue... and the market continues to shock me

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I thought I had my sights set on a new Star Trek Premium Vault. But I've been giving TNA some serious consideration. Just wish they could do better then spring of 2019 (just emailed them last week on a timeframe for TNA). I'm not that patient. This is why I like Stern, you want it - you buy it and get it. No 8 to 9 months of waiting for games that are in production. I think I would have purchased one if the wait wasn't so long.

Order TNA, buy your Stern. Play your Stern, sell your Stern, pay for your TNA

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

What this likely means is that pinball has finally reached over-saturation levels. Hype isn't enough to sell games when hype is everywhere and Stern is cranking out a new game every 4-6 months.
The good is that I'll finally be able to buy some games again. The bad is that demand is low and that means new game production will slow.

You do realize that Spooky thought they’d sell 1/2 (if not more than 1/2) as many TNAs as they’ve sold. This game has blown away expectations. I really don’t think you can qualify a small manufacturers decision to cap as evidence of a slowing market.

They’re probably capping so they can shift full production to alice and get customers games in the 1.5 yrs.

You’ll know the slow down is coming when prices start dropping. As of now, that’s not happening

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

This makes zero sense. You don't stop producing something that is in demand and making you money.

They’re not stopping. Pausing with the potential to restart if they choose

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#209 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not sure if that was directed towards my previous post. I'm just answering whysnow as he seemed to have missed the current marketplace ad for this game.
He likes price pumping this game - not sure why. Well I know why but we all know why right?

Whysnow pumping something??? What?? UNHEARD OF.

I gotta ask... what exactly did you end up getting for your game? The ad was just ended three days ago. Was it less than $6K?

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 1.52.51 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-09-04 at 1.52.51 PM (resized).png

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Wasn't direct at you delt, maybe snyper2099 a little bit! That said, he's been on here for 11 years and knows way more about the state of the market than I do. I just don't understand why everyone gets so worked up about it and trying to predict the future. So many factors come into play. Whats available in your area, do you have to ship the game, condition, how motivated the seller is. Just not sure anyone is going to change anyone else's mind.

+1

#214 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't share final deals but I can confirm it was def more than 6k value wise. In fact, it seems the market is really dropping on TnA right now which is why I have that opinion. I just go off of facts. Some guy is selling a like new modded TnA for 6k and can't sell it. That is really surprising to me but forgot my opinion or whysnow - the market is the final verdict on these things and it is speaking loud right now.

One data point (one machine not selling) is hardly a indicative of absolute value... especially if you've sold one for more than $6K value-wise within the last few weeks.

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Remakes (and unlimited production runs) are what kill any chance of titles increasing in value. If Spooky said 550 is the cap on TNA and there will be no more made ever, it would sell out tomorrow and prices would immediately start ticking upwards on the secondary market. But the fact that there *could* be another run down the line will keep secondary market values just below NIB (unless someone is impatient).
If a title has that magic combination of rare/un-remakable/fun....it will continue to appreciate over time.

In simpler terms: modern pins aren't valued as collectable unless they limited in nature like some coin from the Franklin Mint. Games from yesteryear are collectable because they are limited by numbers that have been whittled and shaped by the passing of time and the industry they were designed to service.

2 months later
#277 5 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

Two quick questions for anyone in the know:
- Is the production cut still going to happen?
- Anyone know where to find the podcast mentioned above?
Thanks.

Pick up the phone and call them. They’ll tell you

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tna-may-be-stopping-at-550-skyrocket-value-or-not?tu=27dnast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.