(Topic ID: 224517)

TNA may be stopping at #550.... skyrocket value or not?

By Dantesmark

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 278 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How much??”

• Value reaches 9k+ 9 votes
    4%
  • Value reaches 8k 10 votes
    4%
  • Value stays the same 206 votes
    92%

(225 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3ee6d0677455b0c4f0915a88bbfa219c04cddd75.jpeg (resized).jpg
deals (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 1.52.51 PM (resized).png
giphy (resized).png
st (resized).jpg
There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 5 years ago

So much for the demand increasing prices: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-total-nuclear-annihilation-14

Seems like prices are actually falling after the announcement.

#252 5 years ago

Yea they are not selling like they were .. actually alot of stuff is sitting .

#253 5 years ago

Nothing is going to go up significantly in value, except for temporary blips after release if an LE run sells out (to buyers - not distributors) or there's a waiting list for orders to be filled.

Way too many releases.

TNA may be awesome, but there'll be a new hotness soon enough (including possibly Danesi #2), and I rather suspect Spooky will do another run of TNA anyway.

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

So much for the demand increasing prices: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-total-nuclear-annihilation-14
Seems like prices are actually falling after the announcement.

? That is still above original cost (sorry but mods dont add value for most sales).

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

? That is still above original cost (sorry but mods dont add value for most sales).

I'd add $300 for shipping too but point taken

#256 5 years ago

Strange, according to other buyers, they paid $7K. Was that not the NIB price or was 7k the marked up price that the game was typically selling for to not wait in line?

#257 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Strange, according to other buyers, they paid $7K. Was that not the NIB price or was 7k the marked up price that the game was typically selling for to not wait in line?

base game is $5995

then you can add options

#258 5 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-total-nuclear-annihilation-spot-in-line#post-4619981

I don't think there will be a big demand for a re-run of TNA now people are paying to get out of their pre-order spot.

$500 off pre-order.

I am not saying TNA is bad (I think it's great) but that it's obvious that the demand is catching up and will be in equilibrium or maybe tilting more towards more supply than demand. Most people who really wanted have or are on pre-order. I never thought I'd see someone selling at a $500 loss before even playing one game on it.

#259 5 years ago

Yeah the panic has set in.

You should probably pick up an imdn instead. Those certainly won't be flooding the market or losing any value. And you can do some headbanging like it's the 80s all over again. Also sure to be a real hard to find collectors item in ten years.

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah the panic has set in.
You should probably pick up an imdn instead. Those certainly won't be flooding the market or losing any value. And you can do some headbanging like it's the 80s all over again. Also sure to be a real hard to find collectors item in ten years.

LOL o-din. I'm not worried about selling my TNA I have sold 2 games that I've bought nib in the last 10 years, I was making an observation that this guy needs to pay money to get out of a pre-ordered spot. He's selling his spot in line at a $500 discount, if these were in huge demand he would not have to.

#261 5 years ago

His wife probably told him he can't have it and now she needs the money. Usual pinside excuse.

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

His wife probably told him he can't have it and now she needs the money. Usual pinside excuse.

maybe, but I'd assume that if there was a good supply of buyers it would be sold without a discount at all since it's an soon delivery.

No big deal, but this is a thread that is discussing how much demand there will be for further batches of TNA pins. I think a lot of people have it have on order already and that those who really wanted it have it on order so can't just snap up this pre-order. I mean it's been on sale for half a year.

I am also posting to give another set of eyes in case some people want to grab that offer ($500 off)

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I paid a premium to get TNA early, also the butter cabinet and at 8k , it wasn’t worth it. Good but not 8k good

i agree, i bought this from you. ended taking the glass off to see where it goes. underwhelmed but i guess this is like a group play pin. more fun in a drinking tournament setting. its at rock fantasy now and its their top earner behind iron maiden pro.
way overhyped imho. not saying its bad though.

#264 5 years ago

Yeah, those that want one already have one ordered or own one. No secret there.

Truth is this game does not fit the mold of what many pinsiders think a modern pinball machine should be. But for those of us that think modern pinball has become a bit moldy, it is actually a perfect fit.

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, those that want one already have one ordered or own one. No secret there.
Truth is this game does not fit the mold of what many pinsiders think a modern pinball machine should be. But for those of us that think modern pinball has become a bit moldy, it is actually a perfect fit.

Indeed.

TNA is the best pin I've owned since TWD. Still not even close to losing it's luster for me.

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Still not even close to losing it's luster for me.

It really brightens up the place and gives it a modern look.

Nimble came over and started playing DJ with it and then proceeded to demolish the grand champ score.

#267 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Indeed.
TNA is the best pin I've owned since TWD. Still not even close to losing it's luster for me.

This is great to hear. I’ve read/talked to people who have told me TNA is just meh. No satisfying shots, not enough code etc. I’m sure these people have valid arguments for their own opinions. But at the other end of the spectrum are people who really love TNA. I reciently got AFM which also has short code but it’s scyrocketed up my ratings list. My TNA is being built so hopefully I’ll love it as well.

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ve read/talked to people who have told me TNA is just meh. No satisfying shots, not enough code etc.

This website is full of positive and negative opinions on any machine. Some of the negative opinions on these other machines have even been deleted and users blocked from making any further comments about them.

But crap like "for $6000, this game should at least have some ramps" is one of the stupidest things I've read, because I'm not paying for ramps. (Plus I can always add my own. lol)

What I'm paying this much for besides a great game, is a playfield made out of the hardest, best quality wood available with a clearcoat to match that will probably last forever, and a cabinet built like a brick shithouse that I don't have to do special work to to make sure it doesn't come apart at the seams. Not to mention the sound system that is far above any of the others out there.

I almost forgot- and a real backglass.

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My TNA is being built so hopefully I’ll love it as well.

Let me add this.

If you haven't had your hands on a TNA yet or felt the music firsthand, you are probably in for a pleasant surprise.

I got rid of a bunch of other games after mine arrived as it has completed my collection to the point that I'm not looking for any more.

#270 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This website is full of positive and negative opinions on any machine. Some of the negative opinions on these other machines have even been deleted and users blocked from making any further comments about them.
But crap like "for $6000, this game should at least have some ramps" is one of the stupidest things I've read, because I'm not paying for ramps. (Plus I can always add my own. lol)
What I'm paying this much for besides a great game, is a playfield made out of the hardest, best quality wood available with a clearcoat to match that will probably last forever, and a cabinet built like a brick shithouse that I don't have to do special work to to make sure it doesn't come apart at the seams. Not to mention the sound system that is far above any of the others out there.
I almost forgot- and a real backglass.

People who say it needs ramps to justify the price are dumb dumbs.....afmr surprised me too and it's one of my favorite games.

This game got boring for the same reasons RAI heard. Code and lack of shots. I'm a single player though

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This game got boring to be for the same reasons RAI heard.

It's all whatever you're into.

Me, I got bored of story telling, long drawn out video game type rules pinball machines, themed after.... well I don't need to get into that, to the point of almost giving up on the entire industry. There are lots of newer games I won't even play now. In fact most of them.

I suppose if I played any game 5 hours a day, 7 days a week, I would get bored or sick of it.

I don't play it everyday, but I don't have to work up any effort to play TNA. Sometimes it's OK to have a quick game and others it's time to hunker down and get serious. The result is the same. I walk away satisfied with a smile on my face.

#272 5 years ago

I love my DI subways, magnets, ramps, diverters, more magnets, lots of modes. So I love my stuff in pins but I also have a handful of games with lots of suuff like Woz, Tspp, SM, DI etc.

I loved LotR as well but was hard to get myself psyched up to pushing start after playing one or two games.

AFM might be the most addictive game I have to replay again and again and that has kind of short basic rules especially compared to LotR.

I’ve never owned a flat (no ramps one level) game before. I have played TNA a few times but on location so was hard to hear the sound system but could see it was built extremely well.

#273 5 years ago

TnA is a great game. It has plenty of satisfying shots. The code is plenty deep. It doesn’t have ramps for a reason....
I have PLENTY of games with ramps. This one is refreshing and fun!

#274 5 years ago

TNA is a superb example of "easy to understand, difficult to master" and it keeps you coming back for more...and more....and more.

Despite not having "deep code", the amount of concentration required to do well is as high (or higher) than pins with deep rulesets. Crazy how that can work.

1 month later
#275 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I had the choice to either state the cut off number or keep it quiet. I chose to be honest and state it at the end of the podcast.

Two quick questions for anyone in the know:

- Is the production cut still going to happen?

- Anyone know where to find the podcast mentioned above?

Thanks.

#276 5 years ago

ACNC is way overdue and won't be produced in any numbers until they shut TNA down. So, yes.

#277 5 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

Thanks.

Pick up the phone and call them. They’ll tell you

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

Thanks.

This is from email on Sept 17th
We are stopping production at 550 for a awhile. During that time we will play catch up on our other titles. If there is still a demand after 550 we will do another run. If you order the game now it will be spring 2019 when it is ready to ship,

Thanks
KT Emery
VP/CFO
Spooky Pinball LLC
[email protected]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tna-may-be-stopping-at-550-skyrocket-value-or-not/page/6?hl=davijc02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.