(Topic ID: 224517)

TNA may be stopping at #550.... skyrocket value or not?

By Dantesmark

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 278 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How much??”

• Value reaches 9k+ 9 votes
    4%
  • Value reaches 8k 10 votes
    4%
  • Value stays the same 206 votes
    92%

(225 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3ee6d0677455b0c4f0915a88bbfa219c04cddd75.jpeg (resized).jpg
deals (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 1.52.51 PM (resized).png
giphy (resized).png
st (resized).jpg

There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ummm...
That is $5 more than NIB...
He said

It's actually less than NIB (no tax and/or shipping) and start to add in the mods? Not even close.....

This marketplace ad is the anwer to this topic.

Lower.

#202 5 years ago

Why is everyone so worked up about this? Who cares if the game goes up or down a little? What is there to prove here?

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png
#203 5 years ago

dupe

#204 5 years ago

For those looking for a good deal on TNA, if you hurry, you can still pick this one up!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/68109

#205 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Why is everyone so worked up about this? Who cares if the game goes up or down a little? What is there to prove here?
[quoted image]

Not sure if that was directed towards my previous post. I'm just answering Whysnow as he seemed to have missed the current marketplace ad for this game.
He likes price pumping this game - not sure why. Well I know why but we all know why right?

#206 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

For those looking for a good deal on TNA, if you hurry, you can still pick this one up!

Killer deal!

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not sure if that was directed towards my previous post. I'm just answering whysnow as he seemed to have missed the current marketplace ad for this game.

no, I did not miss it.

Spyder is claiming bargain prices. I dont care for mods and $5 more than MSRP plus additional shipping is not a bargain in my book.

If you live in a local state, you could drive to Spooky factory and pick up your game tax free for $5995.

I am still waiting on spyder to provide these deals to anyone. They either dont exist or he is not interested in helping out his local collectors by cross posting here

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not sure if that was directed towards my previous post. I'm just answering whysnow as he seemed to have missed the current marketplace ad for this game.
He likes price pumping this game - not sure why. Well I know why but we all know why right?

Wasn't direct at you delt, maybe snyper2099 a little bit! That said, he's been on here for 11 years and knows way more about the state of the market than I do. I just don't understand why everyone gets so worked up about it and trying to predict the future. So many factors come into play. Whats available in your area, do you have to ship the game, condition, how motivated the seller is. Just not sure anyone is going to change anyone else's mind.

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Whysnow pumping something??? What?? UNHEARD OF.

I gotta ask... what exactly did you end up getting for your game? The ad was just ended three days ago. Was it less than $6K?

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 1.52.51 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-09-04 at 1.52.51 PM (resized).png

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Wasn't direct at you delt, maybe snyper2099 a little bit! That said, he's been on here for 11 years and knows way more about the state of the market than I do. I just don't understand why everyone gets so worked up about it and trying to predict the future. So many factors come into play. Whats available in your area, do you have to ship the game, condition, how motivated the seller is. Just not sure anyone is going to change anyone else's mind.

+1

#211 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Can't comment on his experience - I've seen him around here (avatar used to be the simpsons if I remember). Seems like a good guy majority of the time. I remember he was involved with Alien around the time I was. That being said, facts are facts and current state of TnA is not nearly as high as he explains. I just proved that with the current ad at 6k.

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I gotta ask... what exactly did you end up getting for your game? The ad was just ended three days ago. Was it less than $6K?
[quoted image]

I don't share final deals but I can confirm it was def more than 6k value wise. In fact, it seems the market is really dropping on TnA right now which is why I have that opinion. I just go off of facts. Some guy is selling a like new modded TnA for 6k and can't sell it. That is really surprising to me but forgot my opinion or Whysnow - the market is the final verdict on these things and it is speaking loud right now.

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can't comment on his experience - I've seen him around here (avatar used to be the simpsons if I remember). Seems like a good guy majority of the time. I remember he was involved with Alien around the time I was. That being said, facts are facts and current state of TnA is not nearly as high as he explains. I just proved that with the current ad at 6k.

I would agree the market for TNA will probably get softer, as more become available on the secondary market. So many new games coming out, it seems logical. If I had to guess, the one for $6k will probably sell in the next few weeks. It may not help it was used at a tournament. People can be finicky and want HUO, even though this example is probably just as good.

#214 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't share final deals but I can confirm it was def more than 6k value wise. In fact, it seems the market is really dropping on TnA right now which is why I have that opinion. I just go off of facts. Some guy is selling a like new modded TnA for 6k and can't sell it. That is really surprising to me but forgot my opinion or whysnow - the market is the final verdict on these things and it is speaking loud right now.

One data point (one machine not selling) is hardly a indicative of absolute value... especially if you've sold one for more than $6K value-wise within the last few weeks.

#215 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I just go off of facts. Some guy is selling a like new modded TnA for 6k and can't sell it.

listed 6 days ago (over a holiday weekend) for more than brand new. That seems like the fact.
Combined with you just selling yours for more than original cost in the past few weeks...

All seems to me like the secondary market is still going strong.

I was asking Snyper where these supposed deals are. I am not looking for NIB prices on used games or in the case of your sale, more than NIB prices.

Deals folks, we are looking for supposed deals.

deals (resized).PNGdeals (resized).PNG
#216 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

listed 6 days ago (over a holiday weekend) for more than brand new. That seems like the fact.
Combined with you just selling yours for more than original cost in the past few weeks...
All seems to me like the secondary market is still going strong.
I was asking Snyper where these supposed deals are. I am not looking for NIB prices on used games or in the case of your sale, more than NIB prices.
Deals folks, we are looking for supposed deals.[quoted image]

This one's a hell of a deal. I had to check the calendar b/c I thought it MUST be Christmas.

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “I preface this with I am an UNMOTIVATED seller. I love this game and i'm more then willing to keep it but if you want you can skip the huge waiting list and get this Total Nuclear...”
2018-08-22
Middletown, NY
10,000 (Firm)
Archived after: 1331 days
Viewed: 703 times

#217 5 years ago

Hopefully the days of pin values going up after you buy them are already gone, but if they aren't they'll be here soon enough.

I've flirted with selling my TNA, not because I don't like it, but because I've flirted with selling every game I own, pinball isn't really doing a lot for me at the moment. I'd expect to lose money on most of them. That's the normal way depreciation works. Maybe I'd make it out okay, I have nice examples of in demand titles, but this notion that things can't go anywhere but up is just silly, and it's well past time stop even entertaining it.

If you pay $10k for a TNA you're an idiot, plain and simple.

#218 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hopefully the days of pin values going up after you buy them are already gone, but if they aren't they'll be here soon enough

You didn't seem to mind it when you sold Alien.

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Spyder is claiming bargain prices.

I never said any such thing. Besides, in one case a routed machine, the other was not new...

Hilton, at least learn my name if you are going to put words in my mouth.

Besides, this thread is a fictional discussion about what might become of pinball prices on a machine that's still in production. Silly to begin with...

Quoted from pickleric:

That's the title of the thread. I have no horse in the race, just game my own opinions of what might sway peoples decisions.

#220 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I remember he was involved with Alien around the time I was.

That wasn't me. Don't know who you think I was but my handle has always been the same since 1996, even on RGP. I've been around pinball forums a bit longer than 11 years.

#221 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

That wasn't me. Don't know who you think I was but my handle has always been the same since 1996, even on RGP. I've been around pinball forums a bit longer than 11 years.

I'm taking about whysnow

#222 5 years ago

Gotcha. No worries, my misunderstanding.

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

One data point (one machine not selling) is hardly a indicative of absolute value... especially if you've sold one for more than $6K value-wise within the last few weeks.

I'm talking about what TnA used to demand. A month ago it was getting over 7k no questions asked. Now 6k seems to still be out there.

And yes - in this market even 1 pin sitting will begin to move the bar. Look at Houdini.

This has nothing to do with TnA being "bad".... I think it's great! Just so many pins coming out

#224 5 years ago

He starts off the ad saying that he is an "UNMOTIVATED SELLER"

I am going to send him an offer of $4k, and I will start my message by telling him that I am a "UNMOTIVATED BUYER."

#225 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I am going to send him an offer of $4k, and I will start my message by telling him that I am a "UNMOTIVATED BUYER."

#226 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Hilton, at least learn my name

sorry, dyslexia is a bitch sometimes.

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hopefully the days of pin values going up after you buy them are already gone, but if they aren't they'll be here soon enough.

Remakes (and unlimited production runs) are what kill any chance of titles increasing in value. If Spooky said 550 is the cap on TNA and there will be no more made ever, it would sell out tomorrow and prices would immediately start ticking upwards on the secondary market. But the fact that there *could* be another run down the line will keep secondary market values just below NIB (unless someone is impatient).

If a title has that magic combination of rare/un-remakable/fun....it will continue to appreciate over time.

#228 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That is pretty funny. My favorite when selling is the people that ask, "How low will you go?"

I dunno.... "How high will you go?"

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

That is pretty funny. My favorite when selling is the people that ask, "How low will you go?"
I dunno.... "How high will you go?"

"I'm asking you much you got."

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Remakes (and unlimited production runs) are what kill any chance of titles increasing in value. If Spooky said 550 is the cap on TNA and there will be no more made ever, it would sell out tomorrow and prices would immediately start ticking upwards on the secondary market. But the fact that there *could* be another run down the line will keep secondary market values just below NIB (unless someone is impatient).
If a title has that magic combination of rare/un-remakable/fun....it will continue to appreciate over time.

In simpler terms: modern pins aren't valued as collectable unless they limited in nature like some coin from the Franklin Mint. Games from yesteryear are collectable because they are limited by numbers that have been whittled and shaped by the passing of time and the industry they were designed to service.

#231 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Agreed

#232 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

sweet deal! I mean does he really think he has a shot at anything close to this price? I wish him luck, but good lord!

#233 5 years ago

Not while this one is still available. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-total-nuclear-annihilation-9#post-4579488

I guess that skyrocketing secondary market "buyers" are waiting until the Stern rumor threads smoke settles down to pull the trigger.

#234 5 years ago

ROFL! Doubtful if they don't even move the ones they've already made.

Quoted from StylesBitchly:I think ACNC is going to be worth more for several reasons.

#235 5 years ago

LOLZ! 10k for a routed TNA, GLWS!

Quoted from snyper2099:

Not while this one is still available. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-total-nuclear-annihilation-9#post-4579488
I guess that skyrocketing secondary market "buyers" are waiting until the Stern rumor threads smoke settles down to pull the trigger.

#236 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

A used pin should cost *less than* a new pin.

This tells me demand is down from 6 months ago as most who want have one or are on waiting list already.

#237 5 years ago

Not sure why this survey didn't include an option for the value to go down 10-20%....

#238 5 years ago

...or perhaps a "Prices Freefall" or maybe a "Good luck getting those extra $$ back out of your butter cab" choice.

1 week later
#240 5 years ago

I think resale values will hold steady.

In 24 months (once the 550 are long gone) HUO games in perfect condition will go for $6K - $7K and routed games for $5K - 6K.

Game is a modern classic there is nothing else like it and it's really really good at what it does.

Might not appeal to everybody but it doesn't have to, there are only 550 of them.

Long term if no more get made expect prices to increase, perhaps dramatically.

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Long term if no more get made expect prices to increase, perhaps dramatically.

Likely not. If it's *vary popular* like for example AFM, they will have a lot of people who'd ask for another run and Spooky has said they can make them if the demand is sufficient.

If they are not *very popular* they will be like Avatar (as an example) where people like to own them and they will sell on the secondary but there is not a huge demand anywhere so they just hover around a certain price point depending on condition and mods. If this is the case Spooky might not need to build any more.

#242 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Likely not. If it's *vary popular* like for example AFM, they will have a lot of people who'd ask for another run and Spooky has said they can make them if the demand is sufficient.
If they are not *very popular* they will be like Avatar (as an example) where people like to own them and they will sell on the secondary but there is not a huge demand anywhere so they just hover around a certain price point depending on condition and mods. If this is the case Spooky might not need to build any more.

Doesn't have to be *very* popular. It's already popular enough - 550 made.

Sure, Spooky *might* keep cranking out additional batches of 50 for years to come, but I'd bet they won't. Even if they do make another 100, same equation applies in the long term.

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Doesn't have to be *very* popular. It's already popular enough - 550 made.
Sure, Spooky *might* keep cranking out additional batches of 50 for years to come, but I'd bet they won't. Even if they do make another 100, same equation applies in the long term.

Where did you get 550 made. I just received email Monday and that # has not been reached.

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Where did you get 550 made. I just received email Monday and that # has not been reached.

So it's even more rare. 10K by Christmas. Look out BBB.

#245 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I was talking about once they finish the current planned run - "In 24 months (once the 550 are long gone)..." from my earlier post.

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

So it's even more rare. 10K by Christmas. Look out BBB.

Maybe not Xmas 2018, but what about Xmas 2021?

#247 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Maybe not Xmas 2018, but what about Xmas 2021?

By then every NIB will be 10K so it will be old news.

#248 5 years ago

In Canada they are already close to 10k with US/CAN conversion/taxes/shipping. Mine may never leave anyhow, it's easily one of the best games I've ever owned so far.

**edit**

Also the service I've gotten from Tommy @ Nitro and Charlie @ Spooky is stellar. 10/10

#249 5 years ago

Doesn't matter to me , I'm keeping mine.

It's bound to give me years of enjoyment and more of my money's worth than some of the other newer games that came and went around here.

And you being the big spender you are, why does it really matter to you?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-100k-for-12-pins-which-pins-should-i-buy?tu=dantesmark

Quoted from Dantesmark:

Wifey approved... and a lil extra in case i need it.
[quoted image]

3ee6d0677455b0c4f0915a88bbfa219c04cddd75.jpeg (resized).jpg3ee6d0677455b0c4f0915a88bbfa219c04cddd75.jpeg (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tna-may-be-stopping-at-550-skyrocket-value-or-not/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.