(Topic ID: 224517)

TNA may be stopping at #550.... skyrocket value or not?

By Dantesmark

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 278 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How much??”

• Value reaches 9k+ 9 votes
    4%
  • Value reaches 8k 10 votes
    4%
  • Value stays the same 206 votes
    92%

(225 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3ee6d0677455b0c4f0915a88bbfa219c04cddd75.jpeg (resized).jpg
deals (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 1.52.51 PM (resized).png
giphy (resized).png
st (resized).jpg
There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Sorry - I attributed the half baked comment to you but it was someone else.
But I disagree on your unreliable comment. The early production games had some Xeno head issues, but the late production games are rock solid. Other than a flipper gap that I had to adjust, Ive had zero issues on mine.
It’s all good - I think you should certainly grab another one if you can. There aren’t many for sale as owners are very happy with the game.

Yeah we'll see. I know you and Mark mentioned that later production were much better but I know of two with xeno head issues that were in that group. I get your point though that the later ones where better. Even mine had a few issues in the beginning but 4 months of no issues before I sold so I understand the game can work. It's just that the game no longer has the company that built it behind it. That's the only part that irks me a little. Just not sure I want to get involved with that again but we'll see

The game is awesome though

#152 5 years ago

Funny how a TNA topic turns into something totally off subject. Lol

#153 5 years ago

Charlie you probably have hundreds more people who are ready to order a TNA when your lead time gets down to a few weeks instead of a few months.

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's just that the game no longer has the company that built it behind it.

Same situation as every Bally, Williams, Gottlieb, Alvin G and many more. That doesn’t make their games any less awesome.

I’d still be happy with Alien if the Xeno head didn’t work - it’s not that important to the gameplay overall - just a really neat effect.

Get one!

#155 5 years ago

You cant be serious. The main mech in the game doesnt work properly... and thats okay?

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

You cant be serious. The main mech in the game doesnt work properly... and thats okay?

It works fine on my game, but I would be ok if it didn’t. I wouldn’t get rid of it if that were the case. Alien is very deep, immersive, dark and awesome. The head is really a very small part of the enjoyment.

#157 5 years ago

And sorry for the detail - let’s get back to the impossible task of predicting future pinball prices.

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Funny how a TNA topic turns into something totally off subject. Lol

That's normal on here. But for my 2 cents is alien sucks (good theme bad everything else)

#159 5 years ago

Spooky made up drama or Alien circle jerk. Why pick when you can have both in one thread.

#160 5 years ago

TNA is cool... about the first 10 times you play it. Then you realize it’s just not the phenomenal pin everyone told you about. It’s a cool concept and has a fantastic sound package but beyond that, it features 80’s pinball technology (with a bonus LCD thrown in as an afterthought) and it’s 6 grand. I don’t get it but I’m sure people will post after me to straighten me out and explain why everyone on Pinside should be buying one.

I know of two for sale by owners that seem to regret buying one right now and they do not seem to be moving.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

TNA is cool... about the first 10 times you play it. Then you realize it’s just not the phenomenal pin everyone told you about.

Correct, that's Pinside for you. You just don't know who is doing the hyping. Dealers, manufacturers, designers, podcasters..sock puppets? Also the rating system is worthless. So the only way to be sure is to play a game for yourself.

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

TNA is cool... about the first 10 times you play it. Then you realize it’s just not the phenomenal pin everyone told you about. It’s a cool concept and has a fantastic sound package but beyond that, it features 80’s pinball technology (with a bonus LCD thrown in as an afterthought) and it’s 7 grand. I don’t get it but I’m sure people will post after me to straighten me out and explain why everyone on Pinside should be buying one.
I know of two for sale by owners that seem to regret buying one right now and they do not seem to be moving.

That’s fine the game is not for everyone and you don’t care for it. But I would like to correct you on the pricing ,it costs 6 grand ( well actually $5,995) not 7 grand. Sure people can get add ons and get the price of the game up over 7 grand if they want . Only extra I got on mine was the plastic protectors for $35 so my game was just a tad over 6 thousand.

#163 5 years ago

I corrected it. Two still for sale near me for SLIGHTLY less than new prices... waiting for the “skyrocket” to happen, LOL.

#164 5 years ago

Spooky already said it has no limit. Agreed; that once they move on... the opportunities for new runs will reduce. But they have no license fees on that title... so conceivably they can do new runs when they get enough interested people. Given that Scott probably used stock PinballLife mechs for the entire game... I just don't see them not running these when the pool is big enough.

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I corrected it. Two still for sale near me for less than new prices... waiting for the “skyrocket” to happen, LOL.

links please. I have a friend looking for one right now for a deal

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

TNA is cool... about the first 10 times you play it. Then you realize it’s just not the phenomenal pin everyone told you about. It’s a cool concept and has a fantastic sound package but beyond that, it features 80’s pinball technology (with a bonus LCD thrown in as an afterthought) and it’s 6 grand. I don’t get it but I’m sure people will post after me to straighten me out and explain why everyone on Pinside should be buying one.

People say the same thing about every game released. It was fun for 10 games, blah, blah, blah. Within 2 weeks there will be several used DP for sale. No game is for everyone and most people just like chasing the new toy more then playing it anyway.

#167 5 years ago

Games get stale after a while, and could go down in value over NIB????? What a new revelation.

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

People say the same thing about every game released.

Certainly, but it's a bad sign when people sell before the company making the game can even get the ones that they have sold all shipped out to their customers.

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Certainly, but it's a bad sign when people sell before the company making the game can even get the ones that they have sold all shipped out their customers.

Not when it takes 18 months to make them. How many people on pinside will have bought 4 NIB sterns in that same time frame and already sold 3 or more of them?

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

People say the same thing about every game released. It was fun for 10 games, blah, blah, blah. Within 2 weeks there will be several used DP for sale. No game is for everyone and most people just like chasing the new toy more then playing it anyway.

Or talking about why their toy or brand of toy is better than all the other.

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Certainly, but it's a bad sign when people sell before the company making the game can even get the ones that they have sold all shipped out their customers.

can you please hook me up with the 2 that you know of for sale that are already going for a bargain?

I have looked all over all the usual spaces and can not find anything.

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

can you please hook me up with the 2 that you know of for sale that are already going for a bargain?

Don't do it @snyper2099. Give Hilton a taste of his own medicine since he always posts about how cheap he can get NIB games but never discloses where at to hook us up.

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Im pretty sure he was pulling your chain.

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Im pretty sure he was pulling your chain.

some people get it...

gotta love the thumbs up is like the sound "woosh" going over their heads

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

How many times have we watched the new *insert game here* wind up on the used market only days/weeks after it's been released? Some people don't like the game and decide to sell...others sell bc they can make a profit since there's always people who will want the newest game but don't want to wait. This is no different than any other new game release I've seen over the years. The fact is this looks to be the most demand for a Spooky game to date. Not everyone will like it, no question about that. A lot of people here seem to dislike it, but many here like it a lot. Thankfully we have no shortage of nib options these days!

I'm also curious where the TNA's your talking about are located, and how much they're asking. They may want to post their games on the market here if they haven't already, or see if anyone in the TNA threads is interested in getting one sooner.

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

I'm also curious where the TNA's your talking about are located, and how much they're asking. They may want to post their games on the market here if they haven't already, or see if anyone in the TNA threads is interested in getting one sooner.

I know a couple of people who would buy right now if they could skip the line and find good used games. It wouldn't be hard to offload a pair of TNAs if they just posted them for sale where anybody could see them.

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I know a couple of people who would buy right now if they could skip the line and find good used games. It wouldn't be hard to offload a pair of TNAs if they just posted them for sale where anybody could see them.

Exactly. Not everyone in the pinball community uses Pinside or the internet (to sell or buy pinball machines) for that matter. Where did I say "a deal or bargain prices"? Never said any of this. They are a 100ish less than new. If that's a screaming deal, you are a rookie.

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Exactly. Not everyone in the pinball community uses Pinside or the internet for that matter.

so you are saying you dont have contact info on these multiple TNAs at bargain prices???

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Exactly. Not everyone in the pinball community uses Pinside or the internet for that matter.

How did someone without the internet even find out about TNA, much less figure out how to order one?

Seems like if that is the case you would be doing them a huge favor buy passing along some info to people that might want to buy them.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so you are saying you dont have contact info on these multiple TNAs at bargain prices???

Did you see the TnA for 6k that was sitting last week? Maybe he was talking about that one

#181 5 years ago

No one in my pinball circle or with any sense at all should have any problems buying or selling a TNA locally. Just calm down Pinsiders from surrounding states!

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I corrected it. Two still for sale near me for less than new prices... waiting for the “skyrocket” to happen, LOL.

Quoted from snyper2099:

No one in my pinball circle or with any sense at all should have any problems buying or selling a TNA. Just calm down Pinsiders!

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Seems like if that is the case you would be doing them a huge favor buy passing along some info to people that might want to buy them.

I'm doing them a huge favor NOT exposing them to the insanity on Pinside, that's for damn certain.

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Exactly. Not everyone in the pinball community uses Pinside or the internet for that matter. Where did I say "a deal or bargain prices"? Never said any of this. They are a couple 100 less than new. If that's a screaming deal, you are a rookie.

Where did I say they were looking for a deal? I said they would like to skip the line and just buy used. You're being awfully defensive and weird, man. You say you know two guys selling TNAs, people respond that they would have interest in buying them, and then you have no interest in helping these guys make a sale? Are you actually interested in helping people out in the hobby, or are you just being obtuse and rude for no good reason? Or do you even know of two games for sale?

Either you know two guys struggling to sell their games and don't want to help them out, or you don't actually know of two games for sale. Which is it?

#185 5 years ago

That post was not directed at you, jar155.

I thought this thread was a discussion about wether the price of TNA will "skyrocket" in value. My mistake.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

This machine will decline in value. Compared to everything new in comparison, there is a lot more offerings now and regardless of the limited supply, people are just going to look eslewhere

When you say "this machine", it can be applied to any new pin. The used pin market continues to soften for the very reason that you state: a lot more offerings by various manufacturers. Supply of pins overall has finally caught up to the high demand that we saw several years back. The days of buying a new pin and flipping it for a quick and easy profit are pretty much over.

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The days of buying a new pin and flipping it for a quick and easy profit are pretty much over.

Good. That has always been a contentious and needlessly painful part of the hobby. When we can just get back to buying games because we want to PLAY them, it will be so much better.

Depreciation is a fact of life. I guess we were lucky that games appreciated so reliably for as long as they did. My collection is worth more than double what I paid for it, but I'm sure that's going to slowly deflate over time, especially on the NIB games. Ah, well. It doesn't make them any less fun.

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Either you know two guys struggling to sell their games and don't want to help them out, or you don't actually know of two games for sale. Which is it?

I wish I could be so spot on and concise.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

There is a 3rd and 4th possibility that you did not consider. They don't want to deal with the potential harassment and drama from stalkers and weirdos on Pinside. Or, they just want to deal with local pinball people and weirdos on Craigslist instead.

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

There is a 3rd option you did not consider. They don't want to deal with the potential harassment and drama from stalkers and weirdos on Pinside.

You should swap Whysnow the TNA leads for the name of the distributor that consistently sells him new Sterns for hundreds less than anyone else can get them for.

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You should swap whysnow the TNA leads for the name of the distributor that consistently sells him new Sterns for hundreds less than anyone else can get them for.

I have spoken with the distributor about it. In short, you have to buy every new game that comes out in order to get the best prices.

Buy the last 15 games in a row and they may give you a deal also.

That said, everyone got the awesome deal that Marco was offering on all the Maiden show games. That was the best price I had ever seen. I should have bought 10 of them and sold them all at the shows for a mark up.

#192 5 years ago

On topic, I think TNA was priced where it needed be to sell 500+ units. They could have probably priced it $500 or $1,000 higher, but Charlie choose to keep the costs down to hopefully sell at a higher volume. That seems to have worked. I know there are those that feel like it's a "simple" game, yet when it comes down to it, at the time, it was the most complex game to come off the line from Spooky. In terms of gameplay it's certainly not for everyone, which is also probably why it's successful. It's not competing head to head with anything else on the market. I think that will also be what drives it's future demand. I think it will settle into a resale value of slightly under retail. I don't see it skyrocketing or tanking.

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

When you say "this machine", it can be applied to any new pin. The used pin market continues to soften for the very reason that you state: a lot more offerings by various manufacturers. Supply of pins overall has finally caught up to the high demand that we saw several years back. The days of buying a new pin and flipping it for a quick and easy profit are pretty much over.

I've never flipped games...Only bought the ones I wanted personally, but you seem spot on Rob.

Good to see you in the threads...I'll have to pm and catch up soon...mark

#194 5 years ago

Market fluctuates so much that it could go either way on TNA.

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

How did someone without the internet even find out about TNA, much less figure out how to order one?

Go to a pinball festival? Grab a brochure or business card?

#196 5 years ago

As long as Spooky will be able to make more, the price will not skyrocket. Many people prefer buying new even at a slight increase from used.

If there was a finite number of TNA pins who can say, but it’s open ended production so imo the used market will not be greater than the nib price.

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

As long as Spooky will be able to make more, the price will not skyrocket. Many people prefer buying new even at a slight increase from used.
If there was a finite number of TNA pins who can say, but it’s open ended production so imo the used market will not be greater than the nib price.

the one caveat being that if they take a long break then once again demand may out pace supply.

Assuming that post 550, it will be a year or 2 before they even opt to make an additional run (based on demand) and it takes Spooky a bit to change over everything given their size.

I personally think with only 550 to start that this game will solidify in most collections over time and you won see it change hands. Then steadily demand will increase and Spooky will run another batch. IN the time between, prices will likely rise. At the same time, given the pace of Stern NIB price hikes and the cost of other NIB games, 3 more releases and 6k will be the cost of a NIB pro.

I could also see SPooky needing to slightly increase price before they do any additional runs (inflation and increasing manufacturing costs a few years from now). That of course will also push prices on used games. Hard to predict, fun to discuss.

I am looking forward to my second TNA arriving by xmas or shortly after with any luck.

#198 5 years ago

I have a couple of spots open in the 460's range if anyone would like to get in before the pause in production.

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

GREAT NEWS!!! It's still for sale! 6k!

Contact info = check the marketplace. Here's the link!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-total-nuclear-annihilation-9#post-4574214

Thank me later.... ; )

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

GREAT NEWS!!! It's still for sale! 6k!
Contact info = check the marketplace. Here's the link!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-total-nuclear-annihilation-9#post-4574214
Thank me later.... ; )

ummm...
That is $5 more than NIB...

He said

Quoted from snyper2099:

I corrected it. Two still for sale near me for less than new prices...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tna-may-be-stopping-at-550-skyrocket-value-or-not/page/4?hl=procrastinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.