(Topic ID: 224517)

TNA may be stopping at #550.... skyrocket value or not?

By Dantesmark

9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 278 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How much??”

• Value reaches 9k+ 8 votes
    4%
  • Value reaches 8k 10 votes
    4%
  • Value stays the same 205 votes
    92%

(223 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3ee6d0677455b0c4f0915a88bbfa219c04cddd75.jpeg (resized).jpg
deals (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 1.52.51 PM (resized).png
giphy (resized).png
st (resized).jpg

There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 9 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

I don't count those. Not a pin. A pin-like experience, yes, but not a pin.

Ok , it is another option for many though . You had a long list , I was just adding to it . Some people looking for a new pin will buy a p3 .

#52 9 months ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I see this as an ace in the hole for spooky. If/when they need to buy some time to develop another game they can announce another run of TNA and they can keep themselves in work.

I don't think Spooky is in that mindset. They want to move machines and that's okay. They'll be fine what they do and move on. ACNC is great and it will do them well until they find another game

#53 9 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Anyone?
Bueller? Bueller?

I believe over 300 have shipped. That's all I got and that was hard to find.

#54 9 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

"Elvira and the Stiff Party Monsters" That the name of it.

Keeping with the innuendo theme of E2, Elvira:On Her Back in Black.

#55 9 months ago
st (resized).jpg
#56 9 months ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Down vote back at you for thinking Rob Zombie is on the same fun level as TNA..

I'd take rob zombie over TNA any day. Way deeper game.
But don't get upset just because your TNA will lose value just like every spooky game and pretty much every new game from any company.

#57 9 months ago
Quoted from Mitch:

pretty much every new game from any company.

could just leave it at this.

Been saying this for a while now. The secondary market has shifted on ALL brand new games. Stern all models, Spooky, JJP, AP, ALL MANUFACTURERS!

If you buy new, you should expect that in the vast majority of cases that you will be losing 10-20% when you sell.

That said, some will hold value or even go up. Good games where supply is less than demand.

550 is not a big number by any means. Comparable to most SternLEs. Who knows what the future holds for TNA on Secondary. I for one dont care. Game is so damn fun to play and that is all that matters to me.

#58 9 months ago

For those not following closely, it sounds like Spooky may pause TNA production at 550, but they're clear that they may come back and produce more later if there's demand.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/136#post-4570661

Assuming that's true and they're not turning TNA into an LE, I'm not sure why we'd expect prices to rise as a result.

#59 9 months ago

yeah, just listened.

Sounds like TNA stops at 550. They may bring it back, they may not. If they ever do bring it back, sounds like it will be a long bit.

In other words, all this means is that you should put in your order now if you want a TNA NIB before they take it off the line.

Spooky aint stern so swapping games on the line takes more than a few days and guessing it only happens if there is demand down the road to justify another batch (batch being 50 still I would guess)

#60 9 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you buy new, you should expect that in the vast majority of cases that you will be losing 10-20% when you sell.

Just seen a IRON MAIDEN for sale $5300 less than 100 plays. Will they get it? I'm thinking they won't sale it at that price. Code been update about 10 times and I can put 100 games on it in a couple days. I'd offer $4500-$4700

#61 9 months ago
Quoted from Mitch:

So would I.

I love me some TnA. Great game.

But I prefer RZ. I prefer the mode based play, and the different strategies you can employ to get points.

RZ is a tough game to play, a lot of people I’ve seen play it can’t even start a mode. So I understand why some don’t like it.

Hopefully that brief rules rundown I did on the Spooky podcast last month helped to outline some of the basic rules of the game.

rd

#62 9 months ago

Wrap up production on tna, finish Alice Cooper. Then next year see how many want one.

#63 9 months ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Ok , it is another option for many though . You had a long list , I was just adding to it . Some people looking for a new pin will buy a p3 .

Just curious, how many P3 units have actually sold? I don't see much banter about it.

Quoted from Whysnow:

. . . The secondary market has shifted on ALL brand new games. . . . If you buy new, you should expect that in the vast majority of cases that you will be losing 10-20% when you sell. . .

That's my thought as well. Lot's of high priced games just hangin' out right now. Granted, it is summer, but I'm pretty certain if they were priced right they'd be gone.

In addition, with new games having LCD / LED screens now, I see DMD taking a big drop. How can you justify a well worn DMD for $4,000 when you could get a new LCD for $5,500? Or a slightly used LCD for less ($4,500??).

Saving my money unless it is a nice cheap game at this point. I want latest and greatest, but I don't need it

Back on topic: TNA
I've played it, and it is fun, but not a WOW! game for me. Of course, I think like anything, the location and situation make up a lot of the experience. Too many games on and coming to the market; this one will stop (I retract my vault edition comment).

#64 9 months ago

This thread is like on a Mercedes forum when they released the C63s and people thought it wouldn’t lose money because it had a S !

We now have the benefit of lots of machines coming of the line - lots of choice but shitty resale values! It has to impact the retail price soon.

#65 9 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

It is getting ridiculous.
jjPotC
Deadpool
Munsters
ACNC
Willy Wonka
Monster Bash remake
New American Pinball Pin
Beatles
About 9 pins in the next 6-7 months or so. They all cannot win.

Quoted from vireland:

jjPotC
Deadpool
Munsters
ACNC
Willy Wonka
Monster Bash remake
New American Pinball Pin
Beatles

If you throw in a few new titles out now you might be broke.

But, what great time to be a pinball player.

#66 9 months ago

Ill give you about 3 million reasons why it won’t stop at 550....

#67 9 months ago

I need to listen to the podcast. I’m not sure why they would stop unless managing both games is not feasible.

#68 9 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

In addition, with new games having LCD / LED screens now, I see DMD taking a big drop. How can you justify a well worn DMD for $4,000 when you could get a new LCD for $5,500? Or a slightly used LCD for less ($4,500??).

#69 9 months ago

TNA is a strange one IMHO. The light didn't come on for me but is burning brightly for people I know.

A good strategy would be to get a rumor like this going, build another machine for a while and bring back "Classic TNA"

This type of bait&switch is done effectively all the time in the business world.

#70 9 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Rarity doesn't equal desirability. ACNC is looking to be in the less-desirable rarity class. Full Throttle? Jetsons? Dominoes? WWE LE? All rare, no one is clamoring to buy them.
Poll is rigged anyway. Needs a "value falls like a spooky pin."

.....Rob Zombie, America’s Most Haunted.....

Poll only contains gain, or stay the same. Lose is certainly one of the options for value, regardless, it’s a hobby and it’s fun. They can all go up, I wouldn’t let that stop me from purchasing a game I enjoy.

#71 9 months ago
Quoted from Mitch:

But don't get upset just because your TNA will lose value just like every spooky game and pretty much every new game from any company.

I'm not upset at all, if you look at the games I've owned and sold you would see I'm used to taking a loss...There a cost to buying NIB these days..regardless haven't owned and played a game over 1500 plays that I wasnt ready to move on from yet...so believe me I get it, and understand lose..

#72 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

There is too much supply right now and in the pipeline.

I’m on the fence. IMO it’s a fun title and I like quick action, but I’m playing the heck out of AFM.

Also do I rather get MB or Munsters of Maiden or...

#73 9 months ago
Quoted from Mitch:

This is true, AFM LE is fantastic and can sell for $1000 loss.

But if you enjoy and play a number of games on the pin that loss is not a big deal imo

#74 9 months ago

Tron Vault is a good guess too.

#75 9 months ago

I think they were asking to much to start with on original sales. I like the game but I think the only thing that will keep the prices up on resale is the build story and people trying to push the price up trying to make a profit. Only time will tell.

#76 9 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

How can you justify a well worn DMD for $4,000 when you could get a new LCD for $5,500? Or a slightly used LCD for less ($4,500??).

I won’t attempt to speak for everyone, but I personally buy a pinball machine to play the game, not the display. For me, the display is only one small factor in the purchase of a game.

#77 9 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Just curious, how many P3 units have actually sold? I don't see much banter about it.

Pinballmap only shows six Lexi Lightspeed (their flagship) machines in the whole US on location, so exposure is super-limited in the wild. I am also super-curious how it earns on location. Based on pinball shows where I almost never see anyone sticking with the multimorphic, I don't think it earns well, but some empirical data would be great. I can't imagine that it out-earns JJP machines, but that's the buy-in price range the machines are in, so it would HAVE to or it wouldn't make any sense to put one out.

#78 9 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Pinballmap only shows six Lexi Lightspeed (their flagship) machines in the whole US on location, so exposure is super-limited in the wild. I am also super-curious how it earns on location. Based on pinball shows where I almost never see anyone sticking with the multimorphic, I don't think it earns well, but some empirical data would be great. I can't imagine that it out-earns JJP machines, but that's the buy-in price range the machines are in, so it would HAVE to or it wouldn't make any sense to put one out.

Here's a review from the operator at Helicon Brewing:

Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Lexy Lightspeed has come a long way. It's a much different feel than any other pinball table you have ever played. I think the proximity sensing and features that the platform offers is promising. I will say of all the pinballs at Helicon, and there are a lot, Lexy draws in the younger crowd the most. 14 and under play it a lot. Which I think is awesome because sometimes we see less participation from the fortnite generation.

I feel the code is good and the overall gameplay and layout are fun. Everything is modular so each component can basically be slid out of the game.

Lexy is a good game overall but the real benefit is playing more than one game in a foot print of one game. There is also talk of online connectivity and that would change a lot. Cosmic cart seems really cool too and I can wait to have a head to head version set up at Helicon.

(from this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-pirates-of-the-caribbean-shipping-to-helicon-brewing/page/2)

#79 9 months ago

Where does stopping at 550 come from?

AFAIK they said they'd try to catch up on the order book, then they'd like to take some to shows to sell, then they'd do a last call and build a few more on top.

They're nowhere near caught up, and IMO once they are near to being caught up, orders will flood in again because people will know they only need to wait a few weeks rather than ~8-10 months as I think the waiting list is now.

They just hit 500 orders I think ... so they'd have to stop taking orders / making plans to build new ones right now. Seems like bullshit to me.

#80 9 months ago

As far as the original topic, I thought Spooky had said that they're going to fill all of the orders, make a couple for inventory, and then put TNA on the shelf until they get enough orders for another run. They're not constrained by an end date for licensing on the game, although if they don't get enough orders, they won't make more games. That probably limits the resale value to (maybe) a premium to get a game when you want it, rather than waiting for production.

Quoted from vireland:

I don't count those. Not a pin. A pin-like experience, yes, but not a pin.

I disagree. There's a ball, flippers, targets, a playfield, etc. Plays like a pin, with some differences for sure, but it's more of a pin than playing a virtual pin cabinet.

That makes sense. Kids are used to playing games with screens that are integrated with gameplay, and backbox video screens don't really do that. At TPF, it looked like they had a lot more younger players on P3 games than there were on traditional pins. After playing Lexi and CCR, I could see getting one for the house, to add some variety to a collection.

#81 9 months ago

Well, he's nothing if not diplomatic. Not really a review but a few bullet points. Plays and earnings relative to other pins would be very interesting.

#82 9 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Rarity doesn't equal desirability. ACNC is looking to be in the less-desirable rarity class. Full Throttle? Jetsons? Dominoes? WWE LE? All rare, no one is clamoring to buy them.
Poll is rigged anyway. Needs a "value falls like a spooky pin."

How would you know this? And who said anything about rarity? It's an awesome game in terms of art, animations and the whole world under class thing and has a unique theme in that it is a dungeon crawl. Nothing else like it in it's class. And Full Throttle? Jetsons? Dominoes? WWE LE? are shit games. WTF are you even comparing it to those for? Go buy your cheap-ass Stern Spike crap you don't even have schematics for!

#84 9 months ago

I feel bad for P3, how do they make it selling so few pins?

Not sure anybody can judge ACNC yet, they aren't shipping in big numbers and the code isn't done yet.

As for TNA, if they sell 550 of them then that's great, on to the next pin. Point is i doubt the demand will be there for much more.

#85 9 months ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

How would you know this? And who said anything about rarity? It's an awesome game in terms of art, animations and the whole world under class thing and has a unique theme in that it is a dungeon crawl. Nothing else like it in it's class. And Full Throttle? Jetsons? Dominoes? WWE LE? are shit games. WTF are you even comparing it to those for? Go buy your cheap-ass Stern Spike crap you don't even have schematics for!

That's quite an expansion from the simple "B.S." four character post you started with.

The thread asked if limiting the machine to 550 would cause it to skyrocket in value. And anyone with a functioning brain can understand that was essentially the question, "Will artificial rarity make my machine worth more?"

And so, I answered the question. Sorry you didn't like the reality of the answer.

P.S. If ONLY Spike machines were actually cheap. You're giving me hope for a price reduction that will never come. Not nice.

#88 9 months ago

TNA isn't "stopping" at 550 because Spooky is tired of making TNA's, unless they themselves are BS ing us.

If people want another 1k TNA's they said they will make them. Why is that hard to understand?

#89 9 months ago

I’m thankful that Pinball machines in general have been fairly reasonable lately with resale value.

Ultimately it’s about the game you want to hold on to when it comes to home use. I’ve been shuffling machines over the past few years and feel I have found THE game in TNA that will stay in the home for a long time. I’m hoping ACNC will have that same feel and be a keeper as well but in general for me it’s more about staying power.

#90 9 months ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I’m thankful that Pinball machines in general have been fairly reasonable lately with resale value.
Ultimately it’s about the game you want to hold on to when it comes to home use. I’ve been shuffling machines over the past few years and feel I have found THE game in TNA that will stay in the home for a long time. I’m hoping ACNC will have that same feel and be a keeper as well but in general for me it’s more about staying power.

I like posts like this because its fun coming upon these posts 6 months-1+ year later and you look at the persons game collection and the game was moved out of thier current lineup.

#91 9 months ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I like posts like this because its fun coming upon these posts 6 months-1+ year later and you look at the persons game collection and the game was moved out of thier current lineup.

I totally get that and normally would agree. At the moment I feel that my TNA will be a permanent fixture for a while.

#92 9 months ago

I swear y’all babble and bitch more than you play Pinball.
I got TnA Friday and I’ve been playing so much it’s hard to keep up with pinside.....I come back to this shit and I’m glad I play pinball more than try to flow these shit threads. Go play some fucking pinball and shut up.

#93 9 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I got TnA Friday and I’ve been playing so much it’s hard to keep up with pinside.....I come back to this shit and I’m glad I play pinball more than try to flow these shit threads. Go play some fucking pinball and shut up.

You post as much BS as anybody! Lol DI is greatest pin ever.

Btw, just played a shitload of IMDN and ALIENLE, kicks ass.

#94 9 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

You realize this forum is an optional part of your life, right?

#95 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I feel bad for P3, how do they make it selling so few pins?

No need to feel bad, they are an extremely successful company. Supplying boardsets to American Pinball, Spooky Pinball, Dutch Pinball, Circus Maximus and countless homebrew makers no doubt helps to keep the money coming in. Plus, they have a responsible and reasonable strategy for growth. Remember, they have already successfully shipped all their pre-orders so any games they sell now are "new" money.

#96 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You post as much BS as anybody! Lol DI is greatest pin ever.
Btw, just played a shitload of IMDN and ALIENLE, kicks ass.

DI is awesome! Can’t wait to play me some Iron Maiden though.....aliens. Idk seems half baked.

#97 9 months ago
Quoted from Maken:

You realize this forum is an optional part of your life, right?

Yes, thank god

#98 9 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

jjPotC
Deadpool
Munsters
ACNC
Willy Wonka
Monster Bash remake
New American Pinball Pin
Beatles

Why can't they all win? Certainly there is a flooding of the market on new pins at the moment, but as long as the businesses are doing their diligence as to supply and demand they can all win. Spooky has the right idea for their model. Sell in batches of 50 until demand goes down. They will invariably be left with little stock and low risk. Why should they care about the secondary market? That will go up and down with the tide.

#99 9 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

DI is awesome! Can’t wait to play me some Iron Maiden though.....aliens. Idk seems half baked.

Trust me, Alien is not half baked. In honeymoon phase but its one of my favorite pins top to bottom and left to right!

I'd sell IMDN tomorrow before I'd let go of Alien. Or any other pin for that matter expect maybe BM66LE

I don't doubt that Lawlor's DI is awesome because he is a pinball genius. Waiting for his next pin.

#100 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Trust me, Alien is not half baked. In honeymoon phase but its one of my favorite pins top to bottom and left to right!
I'd sell IMDN tomorrow before I'd let go of Alien.
I don't doubt that Lawlor's DI is awesome because he is a pinball genius. Waiting for his next pin.

Alien is one of the best new pins. Smokes TnA right there with DI. The main issues is it's not reliable. If you don't have issues now, you will eventually. If it was reliable it beats even DI to me

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Belle Chasse, LA
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 11.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
North Pole, AK
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside