56.mp4_snapshot_00.00.855 (resized).jpg
55.mp4_snapshot_00.01.371 (resized).jpg
46.mp4_snapshot_00.01.779 (resized).jpg
45.mp4_snapshot_00.01.604 (resized).jpg
44.mp4_snapshot_00.01.889 (resized).jpg
43.mp4_snapshot_00.10.470 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231119_041130796 (resized).jpg
PB2 (resized).jpg
There are 657 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.
#401 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Ok I got question. So do u download the 1987 mod n then go to April mod n download it to have both or u can only have one of them at a time. I just got my new tmnt pro n both of those are fantastic I’m just trying to figure out how to do both or u can’t u just have to pick one. Thanks

The added April animations are the only new changes on the (April mod) I downloaded the April mod and played one time, went right back to 1987!
If you like the original animations from stern then the April mod will be great.

#402 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Ok I got question. So do u download the 1987 mod n then go to April mod n download it to have both or u can only have one of them at a time. I just got my new tmnt pro n both of those are fantastic I’m just trying to figure out how to do both or u can’t u just have to pick one. Thanks

You have to pick one. Both have a new April

#403 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

You have to pick one. Both have a new April

Ok thanks that’s what I wanted to know. Now yours is just not April right it’s got more to it or am I wrong.

#404 2 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

The added April animations are the only new changes on the (April mod) I downloaded the April mod and played one time, went right back to 1987!
If you like the original animations from stern then the April mod will be great.

Alright so u like the 1987 better gotcha thanks for your help.

#405 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Ok thanks that’s what I wanted to know. Now yours is just not April right it’s got more to it or am I wrong.

Right, check out my video on the first post in this thread to see the changes in action.

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Right, check out my video on the first post in this thread to see the changes in action.

I did looks great I see we’re u said you were going to try and update so I’ll wait for you to let us know what u came up with. Thanks for what your doing fantastic job.

#407 2 years ago

Is the 1987 code going to be update with the new stern code?

#408 2 years ago
Quoted from j69:

Is the 1987 code going to be update with the new stern code?

yes, it will be out soon.
hopefully beginning next week.

#409 2 years ago

1.51 is now available for download

#410 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

1.51 is now available for download

Thanks for the update daveyvandy !! Project for today!!

#411 2 years ago

a quick question, has anybody ever tried a sd-card adapte cable?
will this work in pinball machine, with all this electronic stuff going on.
https://www.amazon.com/-/en/dp/B07ZZ6897R/ref=sr_1_9

60 cm is not that much, i am not sure where to route it, maybe on top throught the topper cable part.
would make so much easier, to switch sd-cards without the need to open the backbox.

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

a quick question, has anybody ever tried a sd-card adapte cable?
will this work in pinball machine, with all this electronic stuff going on.
amazon.com link »
60 cm is not that much, i am not sure where to route it, maybe on top throught the topper cable part.
would make so much easier, to switch sd-cards without the need to open the backbox.

I haven't used one of these before, but just a heads up that the one you linked is a micro SD to SD card cable. There's another one on Amazon that is SD to SD. I also browsed around to see if they had any toggles or switchers to easily switch between SD cards but couldn't find anything.

#413 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I haven't used one of these before, but just a heads up that the one you linked is a micro SD to SD card cable. There's another one on Amazon that is SD to SD. I also browsed around to see if they had any toggles or switchers to easily switch between SD cards but couldn't find anything.

there seem to be a switcher:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32704101580.html?spm=a2g0o.search0304.0.0.344d4a7aSrvp15&algo_pvid=707fe094-dc39-43dc-b94a-4588e18e021d&algo_exp_id=707fe094-dc39-43dc-b94a-4588e18e021d-28

but it's from aliexpress and it will not help the backbox still needs to be opened. Maybe with some soldering to get the swtich out, with longer cables.
another interresting idea

sorry for hijacking the thread a little bit.

#414 2 years ago

Awesome, will download today.

#415 2 years ago

sorry wrong thread

1 month later
#416 1 year ago

Has anyone played with insider connect with this code installed yet? I know people have with the custom jp code and dont seem to have had issues

#417 1 year ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Has anyone played with insider connect with this code installed yet? I know people have with the custom jp code and dont seem to have had issues

My dad has been running it on my machine for the past month no problem. I'm sure others have had the same experience. Of course, I'm not promising anything, so use use at your own risk.

1 month later
#418 1 year ago

Ih have a Problem with insider connect with the 1987 code. Insider connect is installed and wokring on my turtles LE machine, but when i change the sd card to the custom code all my insider connect settings are gone. I tried to get it back up running, but with the custom code my machine cant find any wifi network. to scan the settings with the qr code is also not working. i tried the whoe setup multiple times but i cant get it connected to my wifi. can someone give me some advice or did anyone have the same problems with the custom code? Thanks for the help

#419 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundmazta:

Ih have a Problem with insider connect with the 1987 code. Insider connect is installed and wokring on my turtles LE machine, but when i change the sd card to the custom code all my insider connect settings are gone. I tried to get it back up running, but with the custom code my machine cant find any wifi network. to scan the settings with the qr code is also not working. i tried the whoe setup multiple times but i cant get it connected to my wifi. can someone give me some advice or did anyone have the same problems with the custom code? Thanks for the help

That's weird, maybe try reflashing the SD card and making sure you have the latest version for your LE.

#420 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundmazta:

most settings are stored on the sd-Card if you change the sd-card you have to do everything again. Set up Wifi, enter the wifi password, the other settings are stored on the old sd-card.
Insider connected will only work if wifi or cable network is available. i think 1st thing is to setup the wifi again.

also a reflashing may help, maybe something went wrong there, but if it starts normal i guess the sd-card is ok.

#421 1 year ago

I will try to Set Up a New SD Card with the custom code installed. I already tried to Set Up the Insider Connected with the custom code several times. With the custom code SD He can't find any WiFi Networks and i have 3 different WiFi Networks in range...

#422 1 year ago

I installed a New SD Card and was now able to Set Up WiFi and Insider Connected. I still dont know what the Problem was, But ist solved now.

2 weeks later
#423 1 year ago

new code 1.52 is out, let's see if it's modifiable

#424 1 year ago

in code 1.52 there seems now to be a validation process checking for custom code. If it detects custom code, i think you are unable to log into insider connected.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/72#post-7059980

there you can see a screenshot, but how much this is preventing something i can not say.

#425 1 year ago

Helping a friend out and have a question. Stern now only has the 1.52 game code on their website, but the 1987 image file is for 1.51. Will this combination of files still work if this machine doesn't have Insider Connected? If not does anyone have a link to the 1.51 game code?

#426 1 year ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

Helping a friend out and have a question. Stern now only has the 1.52 game code on their website, but the 1987 image file is for 1.51. Will this combination of files still work if this machine doesn't have Insider Connected? If not does anyone have a link to the 1.51 game code?

Not sure I understand your question, are you trying to get 1.51 or 1.52 code? You cannot use a combination of the stern official code and the 1987 code, you either choose one or the other. If you install the 1987 code with 1.51, doing an update on the machine will overwrite the video files and give you the stock 1.52 Stern code. For now, you have to choose between if you want to have insider connect or custom code.

#427 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Not sure I understand your question, are you trying to get 1.51 or 1.52 code? You cannot use a combination of the stern official code and the 1987 code, you either choose one or the other. If you install the 1987 code with 1.51, doing an update on the machine will overwrite the video files and give you the stock 1.52 Stern code. For now, you have to choose between if you want to have insider connect or custom code.

The game right now is at 1.41 with the 1987 code. He wanted to upgrade to 1.51 with the new 1987 code, but 1.51 isn't available anymore on Stern's website. Sorry, I'm used to doing this sort of thing just with audio files (Cleland mod on a GotG game) so maybe things work differently with video?

#428 1 year ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

The game right now is at 1.41 with the 1987 code. He wanted to upgrade to 1.51 with the new 1987 code, but 1.51 isn't available anymore on Stern's website. Sorry, I'm used to doing this sort of thing just with audio files (Cleland mod on a GotG game) so maybe things work differently with video?

to update the code you will need to do the SD-Card process. The image on first page in this thread is the 1.51 code (please read 1. post). You download this code and unzip it.
if you want to to be save you can get a new SD-Card for your machine instead of overwriting the existing one.
Next step would be to plug in a USB-Stick go to menu -> utilities and save your settings.
Remove usb stick.
Plug the new SD-Card into your pc/mac and write the image to it (balena etcher, win32diskimager, Pinball Browser)
change the SD-Card out in the pinball machine, boot up.
plug in the usb-stick ->menu ->utilities -> load, to recover your settings.

if you would update the machine with the code provided on the stern site, either 1.51 or 1.52 this would overwrite all custom modification.
As i know the 1.52 may be soon released, but there seems to an issue with combination of insider connected, were custom code is recognized. So the new images are held back until tests are through and they are save to use. Changes in 1.52 are only minimal on gameplay, i think only little thing was changed.
Most changes are to insider connected, that may not be used with new code, but we will have to see.

#429 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

to update the code you will need to do the SD-Card process. The image on first page in this thread is the 1.51 code (please read 1. post). You download this code and unzip it.
if you want to to be save you can get a new SD-Card for your machine instead of overwriting the existing one.
Next step would be to plug in a USB-Stick go to menu -> utilities and save your settings.
Remove usb stick.
Plug the new SD-Card into your pc/mac and write the image to it (balena etcher, win32diskimager, Pinball Browser)
change the SD-Card out in the pinball machine, boot up.
plug in the usb-stick ->menu ->utilities -> load, to recover your settings.
if you would update the machine with the code provided on the stern site, either 1.51 or 1.52 this would overwrite all custom modification.
As i know the 1.52 may be soon released, but there seems to an issue with combination of insider connected, were custom code is recognized. So the new images are held back until tests are through and they are save to use. Changes in 1.52 are only minimal on gameplay, i think only little thing was changed.
Most changes are to insider connected, that may not be used with new code, but we will have to see.

Ok, so if I understand correctly I can load up the Stern 1.52 game code and still use the SD image file in the first post of this forum? Or do I need the 1.51 Stern game code? The 1.51 game code isn't available on Stern's website anymore. But if someone here still has the zip file and can share it with me that'd be great.

#430 1 year ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

Ok, so if I understand correctly I can load up the Stern 1.52 game code and still use the SD image file in the first post of this forum? Or do I need the 1.51 Stern game code? The 1.51 game code isn't available on Stern's website anymore. But if someone here still has the zip file and can share it with me that'd be great.

The link posted on the first post in this thread is a full image that you write to the SD card from your computer. Once you do that, you slot it right into the machine and it works. You can watch the install video on the first post if that doesn't quite make sense.

#431 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

The link posted on the first post in this thread is a full image that you write to the SD card from your computer. Once you do that, you slot it right into the machine and it works. You can watch the install video on the first post if that doesn't quite make sense.

Oh man, I think when I've been updating my GotG I've been doing the USB update with Stern's code, then putting in the SD card that has Cleland's audio on it, but unwittingly also updating the game code that way. So I've always been adding in an extra, totally unnecessary step

Thanks for setting me straight!

1 week later
#432 1 year ago

Ok so fresh TMNT owner here. Mine had the 1987 code already in it.
Im just trying to play catch up here. So to my understanding from what I read, I can’t update the game code and install insider connect cause it’ll do what we all hoped it wouldn’t do, and stern brick you machine possibly. Kinda sucks cause I was starting to like IC
But you can download the 1.51 code and it’ll work just fine still? Or can install that and use IC (don’t have it yet, will avoid if I can’t) currently has the 1.41 in it.
I’ll pass on IC if I have to, rather not go back to the first Tomb Raider of animations this game came with from the factory

#433 1 year ago

Probably a stupid question, has anyone tried to combine the April code with the 1987?

#434 1 year ago
Quoted from Hangry:Ok so fresh TMNT owner here. Mine had the 1987 code already in it.
Im just trying to play catch up here. So to my understanding from what I read, I can’t update the game code and install insider connect cause it’ll do what we all hoped it wouldn’t do, and stern brick you machine possibly. Kinda sucks cause I was starting to like IC
But you can download the 1.51 code and it’ll work just fine still? Or can install that and use IC (don’t have it yet, will avoid if I can’t) currently has the 1.41 in it.
I’ll pass on IC if I have to, rather not go back to the first Tomb Raider of animations this game came with from the factory

1.51 should be ok with insider connected. But you need to disable autoupdate if you want to keep the code, else it would update to 1.52 what would overwrite existing code, then give out a warning about custom code.

combining both codes does not make sense in way. 1987 code has the old series sequence in it. April mod has changed out the april videos with a new april but still in the style of the original game. Putting both together will ruin the 1987 experience and will not give the april mod credit
Best procedure would be to have different sd-Cards with the different images, best all with the same code version -> 1.51

for easy change of sd-cards you could have a look here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moderns-stern-easy-sd-card-switching-or-how-not-to-break-the-backglas
there i tried some methods for easy changes, but in the end only the cables worked.

#435 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

1.51 should be ok with insider connected. But you need to disable autoupdate if you want to keep the code, else it would update to 1.52 what would overwrite existing code, then give out a warning about custom code.
combining both codes does not make sense in way. 1987 code has the old series sequence in it. April mod has changed out the april videos with a new april but still in the style of the original game. Putting both together will ruin the 1987 experience and will not give the april mod credit
Best procedure would be to have different sd-Cards with the different images, best all with the same code version -> 1.51
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moderns-stern-easy-sd-card-switching-or-how-not-to-break-the-backglas
there i tried some methods for easy changes, but in the end only the cables worked.

See lol I said it was a stupid question haha. I haven’t seen the April code so yeah that makes sense why not to.
I’ll download the 1.51 tonight in another sd card and give it a go. Thank you!

#436 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

Agreed.

1 month later
#437 1 year ago

Any chance of this making it up to 1.52? Love the home team feature but I love this code more

#438 1 year ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Any chance of this making it up to 1.52? Love the home team feature but I love this code more

So the thing is, the latest stern insider connect code is not going to work with custom code.
The 1.52 update is specifically for the hometeam features and a small update to a minor bug.

From the stern changelog:
--------------------------------
**** FIXED ****
- During the start of NINJA PIZZA MULTIBALL, the upper left flipper will be
raised based on the number of balls in the PARLOUR to try and catch more
balls on the PIZZA MAGNET.
--------------------------------

If you never connect the 1.52 code to the internet and don't have stern insider connect, then perhaps the new 1.52 custom code would be fine for you.
I do have a copy of the custom 1.52 code but I never posted it because the update to gameplay is sooo minor and I didn't want to deal with complaints about incompatibility or affects of connecting to the web.
If you want to be a guinea pig, let me know and I'll PM you a link to the 1.52 custom code.

#439 1 year ago

1.53 stern code with some great score balancing released today. Work is in progress to get 1987 code on 1.53. No promises of stern insider connect compatibility.

#440 1 year ago

1.53 Premium / LE code is now posted (see first post in this topic).
I have not tested this myself, please let me know if there are any issues.
Also, do not connect your pinball machine to the internet while running this code.

Pro version is in the works...

#441 1 year ago

thank you brother

#442 1 year ago

Awesome! Looking forward to trying the new code with the PROPER visuals

#443 1 year ago

Pro is ready (see first post).
Enjoy!

#444 1 year ago

Thank you for your amazing work! I flashed the pro version to an sdcard using dd (which has worked in the past). It seems to play just fine, but is displaying a 'Game validation error, Update SD card' message in red during the turtle selection screen. Is this anticipated, or should I try to flash it again?

Thanks!

#445 1 year ago
Quoted from tinkerer:

Thank you for your amazing work! I flashed the pro version to an sdcard using dd (which has worked in the past). It seems to play just fine, but is displaying a 'Game validation error, Update SD card' message in red during the turtle selection screen. Is this anticipated, or should I try to flash it again?
Thanks!

Does your machine have insider connect?
Is it online?

#446 1 year ago
Quoted from tinkerer:

Thanks!

I got that as well, and am pretty sure that's inherent with custom code on newer software revisions. See this post (in another thread):

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

So I tried to install some modded code to my IMDN and to my AIQ.
The code works, but when you try to log into SIC you get this - it will not let you login.
[quoted image]
so modded code or SIC - you choose!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/72#post-7059980

#447 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Pro is ready (see first post).
Enjoy!

Got it installed, and it works beautifully! Thanks as always!

#448 1 year ago

daveyvandy I'm not online and don't have IC; I purchased mine before it was standard and never bought the kit.

Collin Thanks for the link! I searched for the error phrase, but since it was only in the picture it didn't show up.

#449 1 year ago
Quoted from tinkerer:

daveyvandy I'm not online and don't have IC; I purchased mine before it was standard and never bought the kit.
Collin Thanks for the link! I searched for the error phrase, but since it was only in the picture it didn't show up.

As I re-read NeilMcRae's post, it's looking like (at least previously) on AIQ at least originally they were only getting that when trying to connect to Insider Connected. But given that we're both getting it, it seems like that may baked into the code in general. (My machine doesn't have SIC installed... only other thing I can think of is if it's auto-running some sort of 'SIC-auto-connect attempt')

#450 1 year ago

It looks like the game file is just a standard elf binary? I don't know if they are always unsigned or just as a byproduct of the mod, but the 'Game validation error, Update SD card' string only shows up in a single location and if you patch that string the message goes away (ie, change the 'G' to a null byte.) I'm not planning on using IC with this code nor do anything 'evil', but I'll delete this message if this breaks the rules or is otherwise frowned on.

With some further testing, there is a small red rectangle, but much less pronounced than before. The game appears to play fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Panama City Beach, FL
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,500 (OBO)
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 22.00
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 657 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-stern-the-1987-code/page/9?hl=ochofosho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.