IMG_20220108_213726259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220108_201212963 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
74959F08-1844-4C23-878E-D312673A9E8D (resized).jpeg
31598EF7-9A71-4AC4-89EC-CBE40A403F54 (resized).jpeg
9FBC8348-996F-4D83-94E4-D46D9D6B0B40 (resized).jpeg
06FF55B3-792E-4E7B-B64E-F4D84B8E5814 (resized).jpeg

There are 415 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 5 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

The text fades in at the later part of the clip so it's not covering the whole animation - I didn't want to miss them playing pinball either lol.

That's brilliant!
I love that animation, I started to move like it when it plays

#352 5 months ago

Do we have to redo the SD card if we already have the 1987 or can we update it using a usb stick?

#353 5 months ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Do we have to redo the SD card if we already have the 1987 or can we update it using a usb stick?

No, you have to redo the SD card. Updates by USB stick will not work. That being said, I would highly recommend backing up your settings and scores on a USB stick because otherwise they will get wiped. You do that by going into the utilities section on your pinball machine. Once the new image is written, go back into the utility section and load the saved settings and scores.

#354 5 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

No, you have to redo the SD card. Updates by USB stick will not work. That being said, I would highly recommend backing up your settings and scores on a USB stick because otherwise they will get wiped. If you do that by going into the utilities section on your pinball machine. Once the new images written, go back into the utility section and load the saved settings and scores.

Thank you

#355 5 months ago

HA daveyvandy I literally just installed the 1.41 tonight - and was logging onto to thank you and now I see this 1.50!

I got a kick out of those cartoons - and appreciate that you've posted this and your in-depth instructions. Thanks!

#356 5 months ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

HA daveyvandy I literally just installed the 1.41 tonight - and was logging onto to thank you and now I see this 1.50!
I got a kick out of those cartoons - and appreciate that you've posted this and your in-depth instructions. Thanks!

Aw thanks! Glad to share it with fellow Pinsiders

#357 5 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Aw thanks! Glad to share it with fellow Pinsiders

I upgraded to 1.50 on my Premium with no issues. Thank you!

#358 5 months ago

This is OUTSTANDING!!!! Thanks so much!

2 weeks later
#359 5 months ago

Has anyone attempted this code with the Insider Connect?

#360 5 months ago

Fantastic stuff

#361 5 months ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Has anyone attempted this code with the Insider Connect?

I have not personally tried it, but I heard from someone who knows how to look at the software internals that there are new validation checks on the last code versions. Stern could easily use this to ban you from their service. They have good reasons to do this in case someone is cheating by using custom code which affects scoring. They could also do this do protect themselves from angry license holders (angry for allowing custom code).

So at this point, I imagine you could try getting on the insider connect service with this custom code and it may even work just fine... but who knows if you'll get banned at some point? Not sure if they would ban your machine or your account. Or maybe if you swap back to Stern code it would work just fine?

Reminds me of my younger days when I got banned from Xbox 360 live for flashing custom firmware.

#362 5 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I have not personally tried it, but I heard from someone who knows how to look at the software internals that there are new validation checks on the last code versions. Stern could easily use this to ban you from their service. They have good reasons to do this in case someone is cheating by using custom code which affects scoring. They could also do this do protect themselves from angry license holders (angry for allowing custom code).
So at this point, I imagine you could try getting on the insider connect service with this custom code and it may even work just fine... but who knows if you'll get banned at some point? Not sure if they would ban your machine or your account. Or maybe if you swap back to Stern code it would work just fine?
Reminds me of my younger days when I got banned from Xbox 360 live for flashing custom firmware.

thanks for the info! Love this code to much to risk losing it!

#363 4 months ago

Any reason you couldn't just keep two firmware sets? One on 1.41 with this mod and no insider and another with 1.50 with stock code and insider? swap back and forth as you prefer?

#364 4 months ago
Quoted from Lokust:

Any reason you couldn't just keep two firmware sets? One on 1.41 with this mod and no insider and another with 1.50 with stock code and insider? swap back and forth as you prefer?

You can totally do that. When you swap the SD cards, the node boards will update to match the versions required.

Additionally though, if you don't set up insider connect on your SD card with the 1987 code, then it won't be able to connect and you'll be fine.

#365 4 months ago

So you can do the update to the 1.5 code and don't connect with insider connect and the 1987 code works?

#366 4 months ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

So you can do the update to the 1.5 code and don't connect with insider connect and the 1987 code works?

Yeah that's what I do. Granted I don't have the apron, but if you never set up the wifi connection on the pinball machine there's no way they could ban you. If you're worried though you could always physically unplug the apron.

#367 4 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

1.50 premium / LE is added now. I have no way of testing it so please let me know if it has any issues!

Thank you dude! Do you know if your modded code will be compatible with Stern Connect? Wondering if modded codes would lock you out of using that feature.

Also I’m a fan of Delt31’s music code. Thinking of giving it a try myself to update it for 1.50. Do you know what challenges he faced with pinbrowser? Seems like you’re doing just fine with modding codes so not sure why he stopped.

#368 4 months ago
Quoted from acons017:

Thank you dude! Do you know if your modded code will be compatible with Stern Connect? Wondering if modded codes would lock you out of using that feature.

They probably would lock you out of using that feature. I wouldn't recommend trying.

Quoted from acons017:

Also I’m a fan of Delt31’s music code. Thinking of giving it a try myself to update it for 1.50. Do you know what challenges he faced with pinbrowser? Seems like you’re doing just fine with modding codes so not sure why he stopped.

We did not use pinball browser for modifying the latest version of 1987 code. However, it looks like there is a new version of pinball browser that may be compatible with TMNT again. You have to use pinball browser to put custom music into the code. On previous versions of pinball browser, the music was uncontrollably distorted when custom music was put on there. I haven't tried the latest version to see if music works or not.
I'm pretty sure delt sold his TMNT so he probably doesn't have any incentive to keep modifying code. Plus compatibility with making music mods is questionable. Also, I imagine he got tired of distributing it.

If you have his version on 1.4, and you have pinball browser, you could easily make a version to put the music in 1.5. Assuming the music comes out okay.

2 weeks later
#369 4 months ago

Alright, two SD cards, two versions of the 1987 code and two versions of Pinball Browser later and I'm still getting this issue. Anyone have any advice?

IMG_20220108_201212963 (resized).jpg
#370 4 months ago

Ok, after unzipping the file (duh) and trying again, I'm still getting lots of odd outcomes. -After- pinball browser finished writing the file, windows asked me to format several drives (which I did). Tried the SD card in the pin, got a blank screen. Put the card back into the computer and it says it found disk errors so I let it fix those. Try the card in the pin again, same error. Try to re-run pinball browser and get this error. Do it all again. Now it's had me format the drives for the millionth time. I'm enclosing also a pic of my current SD drives showing. What am I doing wrong?

IMG_20220108_213726259 (resized).jpg
#371 4 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Ok, after unzipping the file (duh) and trying again, I'm still getting lots of odd outcomes. -After- pinball browser finished writing the file, windows asked me to format several drives (which I did). Tried the SD card in the pin, got a blank screen. Put the card back into the computer and it says it found disk errors so I let it fix those. Try the card in the pin again, same error. Try to re-run pinball browser and get this error. Do it all again. Now it's had me format the drives for the millionth time. I'm enclosing also a pic of my current SD drives showing. What am I doing wrong?
[quoted image]

when you write the sd-card it will create serveral drives. NEVER format them. They are in a format a pc can not read.
After writing you should have a 8mb fat Stern-Boot drive and i think 3 more that you can not read. You need to leave them alone and just remove the sd-card and plug it into the pinball machine.

#372 4 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

when you write the sd-card it will create serveral drives. NEVER format them. They are in a format a pc can not read.
After writing you should have a 8mb fat Stern-Boot drive and i think 3 more that you can not read. You need to leave them alone and just remove the sd-card and plug it into the pinball machine.

Me: Of COURSE an SD drive needs to be formatted.
You: Yeah, don't do that.

Well, I'm on attempt three for running Pinball Browser and it give this error at the very start. I've reseated the SD card and restarted the machine. If I choose continue, the progress bar just locks up. Is there a way to "start over" with the card?

IMG_20220109_104130176 (resized).jpg
#373 4 months ago

please try balena etcher.
or the w32imagewriter.
Writing the sd-card with the image does actually format the sd-card, creates partitions and fills them with data all in one go.
it's more or less a short cut.
have seens so much strange things with writing sd-cards.
Do you use an internal card-reader or an usb-sd-adapter?

sometimes the other software will work better than the other.

#374 4 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

please try balena etcher.
or the w32imagewriter.
Writing the sd-card with the image does actually format the sd-card, creates partitions and fills them with data all in one go.
it's more or less a short cut.
have seens so much strange things with writing sd-cards.
Do you use an internal card-reader or an usb-sd-adapter?
sometimes the other software will work better than the other.

i will try to summorize the issues and possibilities about writing SD-Images.
There are 3 softwares that seem to be working good, on some pcs more or less.
All software should be started as administrator. You should not have opened the image file in Pinball-browser. And you should not have accessed any of the drives. If you download an Image it's most of the time compressed with extensions .zip or .rar, if this is the case you need to uncompress (unzip) them. The files written to the sd-card will have a extension .raw

Balena Etcher ->Picture "Balena":
con:
Some people report written images do not work, pinball machine stops and reboots
pro:
easy to use, if it works it's a good piece of software

Pinball Browser -> Picture "Pinballbrowser":
con:
some people report they can not write the sd-images. access denied
pro:
some software to modify the images and write to sdcard.

W32Diskimager -> Picture "w32diskimager":
con:
some people report errors, access denied and some more that prevents them from writing the images.
pro:
easy to use, a lot of descriptions in the internet (google)

When the image was written successfull you will have 5 drives in the explorer. one drive is called "Boot Stern" -> Picture "drives" and "Drives2"
and there will be 3 more drives that you can not access. They are written and formated in a way that a pc will not be able to access them. If you click on them or sometimes windows will ask to format them. Please don't do this, just leave them alone. They are Linux paratitions with the essental data on it.

i use a USB-SD-card adapter to write my images. I have heared a lot from people with interal sd-cards readers that have trouble. i personally use something like the -> picture "t-flash".

I think trouble shooting would be something like this. First try at least 2 of the above software. Check if all drives are writen.
If you have trouble writing. Break ups not completing i would test a 2nd sd-card. If the error persists i would chagnge the sd-card reader device.
Switch to a usb based and try to redeo everything again.

i hope this will help some people.

Balena (resized).JPGPinballbrowser (resized).JPGdrives (resized).JPGdrives3 (resized).JPGt-flash (resized).JPGw32diskimager (resized).JPG
#375 4 months ago

Balena Etcher worked. I specifically didn't use it because post #1 explicitly states not to use it, but one test game worked so far. Thanks for the help!

#376 4 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Balena Etcher worked. I specifically didn't use it because post #1 explicitly states not to use it, but one test game worked so far. Thanks for the help!

Good to know!
Seems like everyone's computer is slightly different.
Etcher gave me so many headaches when developing the 1987 code ... But I'm glad it worked out for you.

#377 4 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

glad it did work out now. Have look on april hurry ups and turtle multiball this section seems to be very tricky and errors show in this part most of the time.
Also had some images that did work after a reboot like a charm. So i would not replace the image the first time with a reboot.
But on 2nd for sure.

#378 4 months ago

Any way to add the "April O'Neill Animation Mod"? to the 87 code? Or was she eliminated in the 87 Code?

#379 4 months ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Any way to add the "April O'Neill Animation Mod"? to the 87 code? Or was she eliminated in the 87 Code?

in way it does not make sense. The 1987 image was created to transport you back into the year 1987 when the series did run. and i think daveyvandy did a good and complete job to do this. And the Scandell videos would not fit the enviroment. Stern April i think was almost comletly removed in the 1987 image.
But tastes differ and if you would like to have an image like this. You could do it yourself. All you would need is pinball browser license, the scandell image, and the 1987 image. Or you find someone to it for you.
1. you would open the scandell image in pinball browser and export the modified videos. I think it's about 20. i think 4 Halfshell challenge videos, 4 april hurry up videos, battle again, 2 ball save, krank start or stop episode and the 10 match videos.
2. open 1987 image in pinball browser and import the videos again in the same locations and your are ready to go.
it's quite easy because you do not need to modify or prepare any of the videos, just an import/export.

#380 4 months ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Love seeing you here, especially talking about TMNT! Your guides on Hyperspin over the years have made my life so much easier!

This is awesome. Glad the tutorials helped you

2 weeks later
#381 3 months ago

Anyone have the combo code for tmnt le from delt? i cant reach him......

1 week later
#382 3 months ago
Quoted from Drunkpunkjosh:

Anyone have the combo code for tmnt le from delt? i cant reach him......

bump, I was hoping to try out the combo code as well. Anyone have the combo verison for PREM they would be willing to share?

Thanks in advance!

2 weeks later
#383 81 days ago

Wow, I just stumbled upon this. Didn't know about this version (only had the pin a few months)!

#384 81 days ago

I have 1987 1.4 code and Stern insider connect 1.5 original code. On 2 different SD cards and swap them out.
If I upgrade my 1987 SD card to 1987 1.5 will it work with insider connect, but not recommended to do? (Is insider disabled in this new 1987 1.5 code?)

Quoted from Swoods5688:

thanks for the info! Love this code to much to risk losing it!

Do you think they would brick the machine? If they get mad or update. I could just go back to original 1.5 code then update.

Sorry if this seems really confusing. I want the best of both worlds.

#385 81 days ago
Quoted from MiloWolfgang:

I have 1987 1.4 code and Stern insider connect 1.5 original code. On 2 different SD cards and swap them out.
If I upgrade my 1987 SD card to 1987 1.5 will it work with insider connect, but not recommended to do? (Is insider disabled in this new 1987 1.5 code?)

Do you think they would brick the machine? If they get mad or update. I could just go back to original 1.5 code then update.
Sorry if this seems really confusing. I want the best of both worlds.

Not sure what, if anything, Stern would do if you used the 1987 code along with insider connected. They could possibly ban your profile, but I'm guessing that might not happen since anyone could log into a machine and not be responsible for putting the code on there.

Really not sure at all if they would do anything, or if they are just protecting themselves in case license holders come after them. I've heard reports of users using the 1987 code with insider connected with no issues at all. But that could all change down the line, so who knows. I'm one of those guys who modded my Xbox 360 and got banned from Xbox live, so the threat is real
There are checks in place to see if you have official code, so you've been warned

Just my very rough guess here:
I highly doubt that they would brick your $8,000 machine.
At the most, they would probably ban your machine from insider connected. Not sure how they would do that, whether by Mac address or some internal flag on the hardware or something, but I imagine it could be reverted somehow. If it's something like the MAC address, there are Mac spoofers.

1 week later
#386 68 days ago

I just ordered my new tmnt pro I should get it next Friday. I’m not doing insider connect n I’ve been reading all the comments on hear so what can I download is it just 1987 code or the music code to or April I’m confused. Thanks

#387 67 days ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I just ordered my new tmnt pro I should get it next Friday. I’m not doing insider connect n I’ve been reading all the comments on hear so what can I download is it just 1987 code or the music code to or April I’m confused. Thanks

This form topic is just for the 1987 code. You can watch the video on my first post to see exactly what you get here. There's no modifications to the music. There is a separate forum topic for the April code.
Enjoy!

1 week later
#388 58 days ago

I'm having the same issue two other people in the thread talked about.

20220322_192417 (resized).jpg
#389 57 days ago
Quoted from Neozone:

I'm having the same issue two other people in the thread talked about.
[quoted image]

Try using balena etcher or win32 disc imager.

#390 57 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Try using balena etcher or win32 disc imager.

Ill give that a shot. thx
Just for clarification I am using the Anker writer in the link and the exact sdcard in the links provided.

#391 57 days ago
Quoted from Neozone:

Ill give that a shot. thx
Just for clarification I am using the Anker writer in the link and the exact sdcard in the links provided.

So it says write successful with using Win32 Disk Imager. there is something on the drive. It did not partition the drive like pinball browser would have. dont know if that matters but I will be testing the SDcard in the game this evening. It does say Boot Stern now like the video shows. Im hopeful it works. Thank you for the hard work and thank you for the timely response and help. Cheers.

#392 57 days ago
Quoted from Neozone:

So it says write successful with using Win32 Disk Imager. there is something on the drive. It did not partition the drive like pinball browser would have. dont know if that matters but I will be testing the SDcard in the game this evening. It does say Boot Stern now like the video shows. Im hopeful it works. Thank you for the hard work and thank you for the timely response and help. Cheers.

give it a shot. "Boot Stern" does look good.
hope it works, it's worth it.

#393 51 days ago

I saw the updated code from Stern today.
Going to see if we can update the 1987 code to the same version.

#394 51 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Awesome hope you are able! sounds like they may have balanced turtle power multi-ball scoring

#395 51 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Awesome! Thanks for all your efforts!!

#396 50 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

#397 50 days ago

Just to update. The win 32 burn worked perfect. I love the attract code video. Amazing! Hope we are able to update to this newest code. Thank you!

#398 50 days ago

Perfect! Will wait for an update and can ignore my PM Dave!

#399 50 days ago

Looks possible to update, but without direct pinball browser support it will take a little effort. Possibly it will be ready some time next week.

#400 50 days ago

Ok I got question. So do u download the 1987 mod n then go to April mod n download it to have both or u can only have one of them at a time. I just got my new tmnt pro n both of those are fantastic I’m just trying to figure out how to do both or u can’t u just have to pick one. Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Palm Bay, FL
$ 63.99
$ 6,699.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Yucaipa, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 415 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!