56.mp4_snapshot_00.00.855 (resized).jpg
55.mp4_snapshot_00.01.371 (resized).jpg
46.mp4_snapshot_00.01.779 (resized).jpg
45.mp4_snapshot_00.01.604 (resized).jpg
44.mp4_snapshot_00.01.889 (resized).jpg
43.mp4_snapshot_00.10.470 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231119_041130796 (resized).jpg
PB2 (resized).jpg
There are 657 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 14.
#101 3 years ago

Loaded on my LE tonight. Really loving what you guys are doing here! Only negative first impression was the character select images. Just looked low rez and not the best images to showcase the turtle select.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Loaded on my LE tonight. Really loving what you guys are doing here! Only negative first impression was the character select images. Just looked low rez and not the best images to showcase the turtle select.

Agreed! Working on that for the next release. Thanks for the feedback.

#103 3 years ago

Is their any risk to warranty issues with stern?

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Is their any risk to warranty issues with stern?

There should't. But if your machine is broke in some way i would't tell them you used custom Firmware.
And before contacting support. I would place the original SD-Card back and test if the problems is coming from the Image (or SD-Card).

You should maybe keep your Stern-SD card and put the image on a different SD card.
Using a diffrent SD-Card should not be a violation of the warranty. They ship out the image for you to put on SD-Cards. The original SD-Cards from stern are cheap and tend to break in some time.

What the guys are doing here is "only" replacing existing sound and video files with custom ones.
This does not alter much more. The worst thing that could be happening would be things that could also get of broken SD-Card from stern in my opinion.

i would't put an image in my machine from an untrustworthy source.

The guys here seem to be trustworthy, a lot of guys test the Images. The images add a lot of the experience. It's like playing a different machine.
It's a lot of work they are doing and i am glad they are sharing it.

#105 3 years ago

******REMINDER*******

I'm getting a TON of requests for the combined code.

When you request, please indicate which version you want (Pro or Prem/LE).

Thanks!

#106 3 years ago

Got an LE showing up today, excited to check this out.

#107 3 years ago

Trying to install using pinball browser, had to use a 32gb card. Says it cannot open the file. anyone else had this issue? does it have to be a 16gb?

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Trying to install using pinball browser, had to use a 32gb card. Says it cannot open the file. anyone else had this issue? does it have to be a 16gb?

Are you using the .raw file from my link, or the one from @delt31?
A 32gb SD care should work.
If you are flashing via pinball browser, you shouldn't have to open the firmware. In fact, opening it will not work if you want to write it. Check out my instruction video the first post for details. you basically just need to copy the absolute path of the file into the right to SD card prompt in the the smart DMD tab.

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Are you using the .raw file from my link, or the one from delt31?
A 32gb SD care should work.
If you are flashing via pinball browser, you shouldn't have to open the firmware. In fact, opening it will not work if you want to write it. Check out my instruction video the first post for details. you basically just need to copy the absolute path of the file into the right to SD card prompt in the the smart DMD tab.

I am using your link off the first page and was using your video. I re-downloaded and it is writing to the drive now. Thanks for the quick response

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

I am using your link off the first page and was using your video. I re-downloaded and it is writing to the drive now. Thanks for the quick response

Awesome, let me know if you have any critiques

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Lol no problem. I once only had one pinball machine too. By this time next year, you'll know it inside out and have five more next to it

Omg. This is 100% accurate.. not even a year later and I got 5.

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Omg. This is 100% accurate.. not even a year later and I got 5.

Ha! Yeah I got my dad into pinball in April last year. I lost track of how many he brought home after the twelfth. I bought my first in October last year and I'm slowly catching up to him with my 6th coming in the next few months. I no longer have a dining room and need to get a bigger house now

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Ha! Yeah I got my dad into pinball in April last year. I lost track of how many he brought home after the twelfth. I bought my first in October last year and I'm slowly catching up to him with my 6th coming in the next few months. I no longer have a dining room and need to get a bigger house now

Yeah, after work I was hitting up the local barcades to kill my commute time, and I just got hooked. Always loved pinball never saw myself actually owning one but the more I played the more I ended up staying later and getting home later. Weekends turned into Pin hunting to play certain pins and it just keep growing into a little bit of an obsession. Figured if I got one I'd have something to look forward to, and keep me at home. When it came down to making a decision I couldnt decide between 2 pins so I broke down maxed the credit cards and got both, then another followed a few months later, and so on. It was perfect timing though.. I think pinball and having these machines really saved me from going stir crazy when COVID shut everything down. I'm in the same boat man, I have no dining room anymore and also in need of a bigger house too - haha! I'm at the point where I'm gonna have to either sell or trade, but I dont really want to let any of them go. Its gonna be tough getting over that hurdle.

#114 3 years ago

Just installed on our LE. Hoping to get a game or two in after work. Man that into scene takes me back!

YOU GUYS ROCK!

#115 3 years ago

Oh hell yeah I'm loading this on my Le asap

#116 3 years ago

Got this installed today. Wow. Just wow. Takes me back

#117 3 years ago

dontpanicflip (george) and I dueled TMNT last night, with me running the 1987 code! i literally imaged my SD card and restored my settings and went straight to playing but with the music attenuated, later on i bring that back up and play with DJ mixer

check it: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/741530917?t=01h41m35s

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

dontpanicflip (george) and I dueled TMNT last night, with me running the 1987 code! i literally imaged my SD card and restored my settings and went straight to playing but with the music attenuated, later on i bring that back up and play with DJ mixer
check it: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/741530917?t=01h41m35s

Nice format for the battle! I need to get streaming equipment at some point. My crotch-cam setup on the first post is embarrassing compared to your setup lol.

#119 3 years ago

I have the 1987 code going and loving it. Would like to get the combined code now! Wanting to spotlight this in an upcoming video too. I would require the PRO version please. Thanks.

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I have the 1987 code going and loving it. Would like to get the combined code now! Wanting to spotlight this in an upcoming video too. I would require the PRO version please. Thanks.

Nice, looking forward to the spotlight . PM delt31 for the combined pro version.

#121 3 years ago

I will be streaming this again tonight starting at 10pm EST. Find me at justanotherpinballstream on twitch!

#122 3 years ago

#123 3 years ago

Working on the character selection screen. Unfortunately the way that Pinball browser works, the images when they get imported get artifacts. The hard part right now is trying to get the images looking as good as possible. I've been working on trying to get them looking as good as possible. Note that Donatello and Michelangelo look especially crusty on their borders.

Do you guys think this is the right direction?

PXL_20200920_125231889 (resized).jpgPXL_20200920_125231889 (resized).jpgPXL_20200920_125228903 (resized).jpgPXL_20200920_125228903 (resized).jpgPXL_20200920_125223500 (resized).jpgPXL_20200920_125223500 (resized).jpgPXL_20200920_125227385 (resized).jpgPXL_20200920_125227385 (resized).jpg
#124 3 years ago

99% of your mod is fantastic but in this case I would just leave the 3D models. The lossy compression is brutal.

#125 3 years ago

Magic does exist after all.

Goal: find time to try this on my location Pro.

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

99% of your mod is fantastic but in this case I would just leave the 3D models. The lossy compression is brutal.

Yeah you're probably right, I'll probably just put back the 3D models in on the next release. Less work for me lol!

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Yeah you're probably right, I'll probably just put back the 3D models in on the next release. Less work for me lol!

I think I agree. Being that these are the first things you see after hitting start I think I’m fine with the original animations.

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Working on the character selection screen. Unfortunately the way that Pinball browser works, the images when they get imported get artifacts. The hard part right now is trying to get the images looking as good as possible. I've been working on trying to get them looking as good as possible. Note that Donatello and Michelangelo look especially crusty on their borders.
Do you guys think this is the right direction?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love what your trying here, is there no way to drop in hi-res versions of yeti’s art in the character selection? The image of Michelangelo especially looks out of place, maybe it’s those teeth

Amazing work though, like someone said above it’s 99% perfect.

#129 3 years ago

Yeah, the teeth look odd! LOL! The 3D animation is going to be fine, but if you want to crack the compression problem, have you talked to oga83? He might have some suggestions, or could work on a fix. He's been great to work one on one with customers. I worked with him in the past on issues.

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Love what your trying here, is there no way to drop in hi-res versions of yeti’s art in the character selection? The image of Michelangelo especially looks out of place, maybe it’s those teeth
Amazing work though, like someone said above it’s 99% perfect.

Quoted from Napoleon:

Yeah, the teeth look odd! LOL! The 3D animation is going to be fine, but if you want to crack the compression problem, have you talked to oga83? He might have some suggestions, or could work on a fix. He's been great to work one on one with customers. I worked with him in the past on issues.

Yeah these images are taken from the character champion screens. I had to rotate Michelangelo, but there's not much I can do about those teeth lol. I also had to splice them out of their backgrounds so that they would look decent on the character select screen.

Within the past couple weeks, someone asked og83 about the compression and he said there was nothing he could really do about it unfortunately. It basically has to do with when there are any alpha channel pixels (transparency). I know this, since I did some direct Photoshop on the borders of each of the characters and that's where the transparent pixels come in. It looks especially crazy if you have a mostly transparent image. If you go to the pinball browser forum post, you can see example images someone is trying to work on for iron maiden.

Basically, it needs to be a square image without transparent pixels. So I can improve on the photos I took above by removing the alpha channels inside the square. Not sure if there exists any high res photos of the characters outside of the software, and the ones in the software involve some tweaking.

#131 3 years ago

Perhaps high res pics from the 2007 movie?

Well, then you might as well use Stern's. Never mind.

#132 3 years ago

delt31 do you happen to have a list of what songs are at what locations and what modes they go to in pinball browser? i am looking to change out a few additional.

Thanks!

#133 3 years ago

What about something like this from the arcade game?

Zb1r2ujQNgnKq1PsQBUThwFIG0lHlBh9SLu9UytEHrI (resized).jpgZb1r2ujQNgnKq1PsQBUThwFIG0lHlBh9SLu9UytEHrI (resized).jpg
#134 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

What about something like this from the arcade game?[quoted image]

That's actually what I originally thought about doing, but then I wanted to just use the artwork exclusively from the TV show. Now that I'm thinking about using zombie yetis work, this doesn't seem like a stretch.

I just saw the 1.22 code was released today though, so for now I'll probably just work on making the release and use the original character selection artwork.

I should have it ready in the next few days.

#135 3 years ago

New code today! Going to update it on my old sdcard and wait for yours to use regularly

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

New code today! Going to update it on my old sdcard and wait for yours to use regularly

Interestingly, I tried opening up the new version of code in pinball browser and it no longer works. It claims to be unknown firmware. I reached out to the developer of pinball browser to see if there is anything he can do. Here's hoping!

#137 3 years ago

Well as of right now, pinball browser will not work with version 1.22 of TMNT. According to the pinball browser developer, it sounds like the latest firmware changed the way that sounds are decoded which also prevents me from using it at all even for just video. If there's an update to pinball browser, then I can update this code to 1.22, but for now we'll just have to wait.

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Well as of right now, pinball browser will not work with version 1.22 of TMNT. According to the pinball browser developer, it sounds like the latest firmware changed the way that sounds are decoded which also prevents me from using it at all even for just video. If there's an update to pinball browser, then I can update this code to 1.22, but for now we'll just have to wait.

....that’s unfortunate

#139 3 years ago

I'll be patient. Oga83 will get it fixed eventually.

I have the original visuals on another SD card, so I just updated that one to 1.22.

Kinda fun to be able to go back and forth....keeps it fresh. New code is great, love the added shaker effects.

#140 3 years ago

So...I know the focus on this thread is the tv show remix...but can anyone please tell me...if it’s easy to replace individual video files? To preview the existing files independently?

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

So...I know the focus on this thread is the tv show remix...but can anyone please tell me...if it’s easy to replace individual video files? To preview the existing files independently?

you should have a look at the software with that it was done.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

there is only one Problem at the moment. TMNT version 1.22 does not work with this software at the moment, we all hope the creator of pinball browsers will update the software that it will work soon.
but you can play around with SD-Card images of 1.21. To replace videos you will need a license. But to preview how everthing works, the free version is ok.
you can play sounds and videos.

You can download old version of the SD-Images from the official Stern pinball site. You just go SD-Card download section.
In this case you copy the link of version you like pro, prem or LE
When you paste the link again you need to change the version you need, i am not sure how many versions it will go back, but i had luck with last version.

https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/turtles_pro-1_22_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip
and you just change it then to:
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/turtles_pro-1_21_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip

It seems they still have the version online, but have no visible link to it.

Or you just download 1987 code and play around with this.

#142 3 years ago

Thanks!

Quoted from cabal:

you should have a look at the software with that it was done.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images
there is only one Problem at the moment. TMNT version 1.22 does not work with this software at the moment, we all hope the creator of pinball browsers will update the software that it will work soon.
but you can play around with SD-Card images of 1.21. To replace videos you will need a license. But to preview how everthing works, the free version is ok.
you can play sounds and videos.
You can download old version of the SD-Images from the official Stern pinball site. You just go SD-Card download section.
In this case you copy the link of version you like pro, prem or LE
When you paste the link again you need to change the version you need, i am not sure how many versions it will go back, but i had luck with last version.
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/turtles_pro-1_22_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip
and you just change it then to:
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/turtles_pro-1_21_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw.zip
It seems they still have the version online, but have no visible link to it.
Or you just download 1987 code and play around with this.

Thanks! I may be making some alternative zombie-yeti April Oneill 3D animations.

#143 3 years ago

So I haven't put the 1987 sd back in since I updated the original to 1.22. Can I put the 1987 that's on 1.21 back in and play, or is that going to be a problem? Is it okay to have 1 sd card (original) at 1.22, while the 1987 sd is at 1.21? Or Do I need to hold off on using the 1987 sd card at all, until pinball browser is updated and 1987 is able to be updated to 1.22?

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

So I haven't put the 1987 sd back in since I updated the original to 1.22. Can I put the 1987 that's on 1.21 back in and play, or is that going to be a problem? Is it okay to have 1 sd card (original) at 1.22, while the 1987 sd is at 1.21? Or Do I need to hold off on using the 1987 sd card at all, until pinball browser is updated and 1987 is able to be updated to 1.22?

I've installed Stern's 1.22 using a separate SD card and then gone back to the 1987 code (1.21) no problem. When you switch, it may do a node board update every time you switch. Seems like it's not a big deal to switch between the two.

#145 3 years ago

This is awesome ! Game is bolted to the floor now.

1 week later
#146 3 years ago

Update for everyone!
The pinball browser dev is working on getting 1.22 tmnt firmware working - so once that is ready I can make updates for 1.22.

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Update for everyone!
The pinball browser dev is working on getting 1.22 tmnt firmware working - so once that is ready I can make updates for 1.22.

Awesome!

#148 3 years ago

great !

#149 3 years ago

Any luck getting the 1987 code with delt music?

The link from delt for some reason never works on my computer i can’t get it to compress.

However didn’t have any issues with the 1987 code

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Any luck getting the 1987 code with delt music?
The link from delt for some reason never works on my computer i can’t get it to compress.
However didn’t have any issues with the 1987 code

Hmmm.. not sure what to make of that. delt31 may have some ideas?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 7,999.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 657 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-stern-the-1987-code/page/3?hl=jedimcmuffin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.