56.mp4_snapshot_00.00.855 (resized).jpg
55.mp4_snapshot_00.01.371 (resized).jpg
46.mp4_snapshot_00.01.779 (resized).jpg
45.mp4_snapshot_00.01.604 (resized).jpg
44.mp4_snapshot_00.01.889 (resized).jpg
43.mp4_snapshot_00.10.470 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231119_041130796 (resized).jpg
PB2 (resized).jpg
There are 650 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 13.
#501 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Ok I installed 1.54 n I’m getting the validation error so do I take 1987 version out n go back to 1.53 n then back. Help the big man out I get a little confused on this stuff lol

Grab the stern 1.54 code and put it in the machine. Play a game or two, until the validation errors go away. Then swap back to the 1987 code.
Should only have to do this one time.

#502 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Grab the stern 1.54 code and put it in the machine. Play a game or two, until the validation errors go away. Then swap back to the 1987 code.
Should only have to do this one time.

Ok I get 1.54 from stern sight download to usb and install. So I need to put the factory sd card back in first n put 1.54 in then go back to 1987 right

#503 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Ok I get 1.54 from stern sight download to usb and install. So I need to put the factory sd card back in first n put 1.54 in then go back to 1987 right

Yep you got it.

#504 1 year ago

Thanks so much I appreciate it.

#505 1 year ago

I'm having the game validation error and it won't go away. I've tried updating my non 1987 sd card with the newest and also re writing the a fresh image from stern but haven't been able to get the error to go away.
Any suggestions? I've already taken the little battery out and but it back but that hasn't work.

#506 1 year ago
Quoted from nerdkiller:

I'm having the game validation error and it won't go away. I've tried updating my non 1987 sd card with the newest and also re writing the a fresh image from stern but haven't been able to get the error to go away.
Any suggestions? I've already taken the little battery out and but it back but that hasn't work.

Make sure you don't have any USB mods plugged in as well. I had a scorbitron plugged in causing validation errors on stock BM66 code.

The validation code decrements validation error counts over time, so you'll need to be in stock Stern code for maybe 20 minutes or more depending on how many validation errors are stored.

Once they are gone, the 1987 code shouldn't increment the errors.
But you should also keep the machine off the internet.

#507 1 year ago

I dont have any usbs connected. Another weird thing is there are no stock high scores with the developer initials. All the high scores are at like 1.9 billion and the initials are name1234...

#508 1 year ago
Quoted from nerdkiller:

I dont have any usbs connected. Another weird thing is there are no stock high scores with the developer initials. All the high scores are at like 1.9 billion and the initials are name1234...

I had the exact same problem as you. Play a game then just leave the game on attract mode for about a half hour. When you come back to check, it’ll be gone, like magic! Hope this works for you.

#509 1 year ago

I will give it a shot when I get home. Usually I play and then turn it off so leaving it on for a while is something I haven't tried yet.

#510 1 year ago

So far, I've had just a couple hiccups with the 1987 code..and the fix was to turn off, pull the SD card, reseat it, and then power up..and re-initialize. I've had a couple ball locks (the plastic cams on the left) get stuck while erect, and the ball search does nothing..first it happened behind the van, then a few days ago, it happened at the Lair. But reseating the card fixed the node board issue? instantly.

#511 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Quoted from KING-HENRY:

So far, I've had just a couple hiccups with the 1987 code..and the fix was to turn off, pull the SD card, reseat it, and then power up..and re-initialize. I've had a couple ball locks (the plastic cams on the left) get stuck while erect, and the ball search does nothing..first it happened behind the van, then a few days ago, it happened at the Lair. But reseating the card fixed the node board issue? instantly.

first i would try to rewrite the image on a complete new sd-card sometimes this may help. you can save your score on a usb stick first. Technical menu -> util -> save/load

also i would check if the balls are magnetized. If they are not released in a ball lock, it could happen when balls stick together and are not fast enough going over the pole holding them back.

#512 1 year ago

leaving the machine on for a while worked like a charm.
Thanks for the help everyone!

#513 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

first i would try to rewrite the image on a complete new sd-card sometimes this may help. you can save your score on a usb stick first. Technical menu -> util -> save/load
also i would check if the balls are magnetized. If they are not released in a ball lock, it could happen when balls stick together and are not fast enough going over the pole holding them back.

actually, I think it might have been something even more simple..I just moved the machine in it's corner, and it wasn't level, side to side. It was low on the left side, where the balls were hanging up..It shoots way better now (I haven't had the time/energy to dial in my new aquisitions; I am recovering from neck surgery), so I'll see if this solves any further hangups. It's actually easier to flip now..GAME ON. (I keep wanting to trade this premium for an Alien LV, but something is not letting me do that-it's a really fun and 'atmospheric' machine (TMNT).

#514 1 year ago
Quoted from nerdkiller:

leaving the machine on for a while worked like a charm.
Thanks for the help everyone!

Glad it worked!

1 month later
#515 1 year ago

I read this whole chain but I am still a little uncertain if this was an accurate assessment. I have a tmnt with the code already on the current card that came with the machine I bought used. In order to get the default version without the code. Do I just remove the current card and put in a blank one? And 2 if I want the code I just go back and switch or is there something special needed to be done if I want to revert to the code.

#516 1 year ago
Quoted from Wizpin17:

I read this whole chain but I am still a little uncertain if this was an accurate assessment. I have a tmnt with the code already on the current card that came with the machine I bought used. In order to get the default version without the code. Do I just remove the current card and put in a blank one? And 2 if I want the code I just go back and switch or is there something special needed to be done if I want to revert to the code.

To get the default version, switch it out with a new card that has the default code on it. You can download it from Stern's website.

#517 1 year ago
Quoted from Wizpin17:

What you can do to get the default stern official code is go to the following link and download an SD card image for the latest code and put it on a blank SD card (follow instructions from Stern on how to burn it to the SD card).
Then as long as you have the same version of 1987 code (1.54) you can swap between the two easily.

https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

4 weeks later
#518 1 year ago

I'm picking up a turtles premium next week. Cowabunga! Just learning about this 1987 code. Does it change the audio at all, or just the animations? Is there a gameplay video with the 1987 code and Delt's music? Is Delt's music the riginal show soundtrack, or what?

Which version of the code do you guys like best?

Thanks!

#519 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm picking up a turtles premium next week. Cowabunga! Just learning about this 1987 code. Does it change the audio at all, or just the animations? Is there a gameplay video with the 1987 code and Delt's music? Is Delt's music the riginal show soundtrack, or what?
Which version of the code do you guys like best?
Thanks!

The 1987 code does not change the audio at all.
Pinball Browser software is the only way to change the audio and for a very long time it was not compatible. I believe it may be compatible at this point, but I haven't played around with it and don't have intentions to do so.

Delt does not maintain the audio version anymore.

Personally, I prefer the audio from Stern anyway

1 week later
#520 1 year ago

So in conclusion what we are saying is a modded sd card on connect can brick the cabinet? The validation error only happens when online?

#521 1 year ago
Quoted from Ninja2bceen:

So in conclusion what we are saying is a modded sd card on connect can brick the cabinet? The validation error only happens when online?

I haven't tried using Insider Connect with modded code and I don't want to risk seeing what happens. I highly doubt your machine would be bricked though.

#522 1 year ago

I am running the 1987 code 1.54 with Insider Connected and no problems.

I read in the thread for the Scandell mod that if you have validation errors try installing the stock 1.54 code and THEN the modded 1.54 code. That's for Scandell, so I have no idea if it matters for 1987, but my machine was on the stock 1.54 when I got it so if you're concerned you can try installing the stock 1.54 first.

I've not heard of anything being bricked, worst case you would just re-install the stock code.

#523 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I read in the thread for the Scandell mod that if you have validation errors try installing the stock 1.54 code and THEN the modded 1.54 code. That's for Scandell, so I have no idea if it matters for 1987, but my machine was on the stock 1.54 when I got it so if you're concerned you can try installing the stock 1.54 first.
I've not heard of anything being bricked, worst case you would just re-install the stock code.

Thanks for the confirmation!

#524 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

it seems to be the new version in Scandell Thread done with pinball browser. 1987 code was done without pinball browser and is a little different.

1 week later
#525 1 year ago

the 1987 images are running fine and good. But they are not compatible with pinball browser, if you want to change something yourself it will not work.
I did a redo of the images that should be compatible with pinball browser. I did a short test with a pro version. Are here some who would like to test prem/le? or maybe the pro? please pm me

#526 1 year ago

Just getting around to trying this for the first time following the original instructions in conjunction with the Pinball Browser forum. However, I only have a Mac where I'm using the Crossover Free Trial version for the next 14 days....

When I tried using Crossover it gives me an error (along the lines of the NET one but way more accompanying text) and I tried installing the NET and it said it was already installed. I gave up and followed the Stern instructions to flash on an SD card using Balena Etcher. First time trying it but it seems to have flashed without error. The original post said there are issues with Balena but is that still the case? I guess I'll find out when I try it soon.

#527 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Just getting around to trying this for the first time following the original instructions in conjunction with the Pinball Browser forum. However, I only have a Mac where I'm using the Crossover Free Trial version for the next 14 days....
When I tried using Crossover it gives me an error (along the lines of the NET one but way more accompanying text) and I tried installing the NET and it said it was already installed. I gave up and followed the Stern instructions to flash on an SD card using Balena Etcher. First time trying it but it seems to have flashed without error. The original post said there are issues with Balena but is that still the case? I guess I'll find out when I try it soon.

I've had tons of issues using Etcher on Windows, other people had no issues using it on Mac.
If you have issues, you'll know within one game - it will restart sporadically and videos and images may not load correctly.

#528 1 year ago

When trying to start a game after selecting a turtle the game locks up on me.

Is it correct I need to be at the latest 1.54 code? I thought I was but when I put the original SD card in it said I was running v1.41. Do I need to upgrade before swapping out the cards? I think I missed that step if so.

#529 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

I’ve not had one problem with balena etcher every.

#530 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Is it correct I need to be at the latest 1.54 code? I thought I was but when I put the original SD card in it said I was running v1.41. Do I need to upgrade before swapping out the cards? I think I missed that step if so.

Yeah if you have lock ups you just need to use another program to write the image.
You may have better luck with a windows machine.

#531 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

It shouldn't matter if stock code is 1.41, however, you could update using the stern 1.54 code just to be sure. You'll probably get some node board updates with the update.

#532 1 year ago

Just wanted to say I've been using the 1987 code with insider connect just fine for a few weeks.

#533 1 year ago

I used Balena Etcher on my Mac with no problems.

1 month later
#534 12 months ago

New 1.55 code from Stern. Is everyone just staying on 1.54?

#535 12 months ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

New 1.55 code from Stern. Is everyone just staying on 1.54?

There aren't any meaningful updates in 1.55 so I would imagine yes.

Does anyone know if there is a 1987 + April code mashup?

#536 12 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

There aren't any meaningful updates in 1.55 so I would imagine yes.
Does anyone know if there is a 1987 + April code mashup?

1987 + April code doesn't make sense (combining computer renders with cartoons)
Will have to see how possible it is to update the code to 1.55 ...

1 week later
#537 11 months ago

1987 code v1.55 has been added, enjoy!

#538 11 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Fantastic. Thank you for all the work you do!

#539 11 months ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Fantastic. Thank you for all the work you do!

I can't take any of the credit with these updates - thanks goes out to the anonymous help as always

#540 11 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Forgot to mention, it's still Insider Connect compatible

1 week later
#541 11 months ago

I am getting the following error when trying to write the TMNT 1987 Code to my SD Card. I am running Pinball Browser as administrator. Any Help would be appreciated.PB2 (resized).jpgPB2 (resized).jpgPB1 (resized).jpgPB1 (resized).jpg

#542 11 months ago
Quoted from Andypc:

I am getting the following error when trying to write the TMNT 1987 Code to my SD Card. I am running Pinball Browser as administrator. Any Help would be appreciated.[quoted image][quoted image]

I've had good luck with Win32 disk imager. You could try that?

#543 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've had good luck with Win32 disk imager. You could try that?

It's worth a try. But i think the pinball browser does use the same source code as win32diskimager.
Sometimes Balena Etcher may work when win32diskimager fails.
Also try to reformat/delete paratitions on the existing SD-Card.

is it a new card you are using or do you recycle a old card?

1 month later
#544 9 months ago

Great work! It really is too bad that Stern didn't spend more time on the animations because this theme is killer for anybody born in the 80s.

2 months later
#545 7 months ago

I’m finally getting around to trying this out. The version of this code doesn’t need to match the current Stern code I am running as the version resides on the SD card, correct?

Meaning, I can just download this version and swap out the SD card? Note I do not have IC on mine.

#546 7 months ago
Quoted from briyau15:

I’m finally getting around to trying this out. The version of this code doesn’t need to match the current Stern code I am running as the version resides on the SD card, correct?
Meaning, I can just download this version and swap out the SD card? Note I do not have IC on mine.

It doesn't need to match the stern version, but if it doesn't you'll likely trigger node board updates. This is fine.

Note that the 1987 code is an SD card image so you'll either be replacing the stern code or writing it to a fresh SD card.

If you want to back up scores and settings first you can do that with a USB drive and the option in the game utilities to save.

Enjoy!

#547 7 months ago

I've been using the code and I'm enjoying it!

#548 7 months ago

I finally got it up and runnng with the new code and it’s so much better. Thanks daveyvandy for all your help!

1 week later
#549 6 months ago

I’m debating whether to get IC for my 2 games that don’t have it with TMNT being one. I’ve been successfully running the v1.55 1987 for a week or so now and love it.

I’ve seen previous posts about IC running with no issues so just want to confirm that’s still the case and/or see if anyone even recommends going with IC. The gameplay hasn’t changed with the code so I figure IC achievements would still be applicable.

#550 6 months ago
Quoted from briyau15:

I’m debating whether to get IC for my 2 games that don’t have it with TMNT being one. I’ve been successfully running the v1.55 1987 for a couple of week or so now and love it.
I’ve seen previous posts about IC running with no issues so just want to confirm that’s still the case and/or see if anyone even recommends going with IC. The gameplay hasn’t changed with the code so I figure IC achievements would still be applicable.

Yep it still works. I use the 1987 code all the time with IC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.00
6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

There are 650 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-stern-the-1987-code/page/11?hl=cabal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.