• Deadpool Pro 48 votes
    59%
  • Stranger Things Premium 17 votes
    21%

(82 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20201202-163539_Google (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JustLikeMe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

This winter is looking particularly grim, so I'm thinking of getting a new game in to help ease the misery. My wife has been playing more pinball than normal recently as there isn't much else to do, so I want to get a machine that she will enjoy too. These are the three that appeal to her and are available at the moment, so AIQ is off the table for now.

For context, at home I currently have JJP POTC, JPLE, TNA, Tron LE, and TBL. I have a Rick and Morty due before the end of the year which will replace TNA, and if I do buy one of the above machines it will replace Tron LE, which will go to my parents place for a while. So the line up at home will be JJP POTC, JPLE, R&M, TBL and whichever title I go for.

My wife doesn't like games that have overly complex rulesets or are brutally difficult - her favourite game is MM with Tron a close second. This is where I'm at right now:

TMNT Pro: We're both in our thirties and watched the cartoons when we were kids, so tons of nostalgia there. Similar layout to Tron which she likes. Co-op mode could be fun - she doesn't like playing against me normally because she feels like she can't compete. One of the few games where I don't think the Premium / LE is worth it, although those are both also available. I've never played one so just going off streams etc.

DP Pro: Great theme, good humour. Not too difficult to keep the ball alive. Different layout to anything else I own. Enjoyed playing it in the past. Downside is I'd much prefer a Premium or LE, and would feel like I was missing out. Unfortunately neither of those are currently available.

ST Prem: We both love the show. Similar layout to MM which is her favourite game. Projector combined with the UV kit means its a good looking machine which will likely help draw her in. I've only played the Pro back in March so not too sure how code has developed. Most expensive option, and I'm wondering if it will hold our interest as much as the other titles.

I'm struggling to make a decision here. My wife likes the look of all three but doesn't enjoy watching streams. I've added a poll but would be interested in hearing some opinions too. For those who have a decent amount of time in on them or have owned them - what are your thoughts?

#5 3 years ago

Ok, it looks like TMNT isn't the popular choice! It's a shame as the theme is perfect for both of us, but I don't want a game my wife will find excessively frustrating as that will just put her off.

Struggling to decide between DP Pro and Stranger Things Premium... very different games so no easy choice. Guess I better watch some streams and if I still can't make up my mind may just flip a coin!

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

TMNT can be hard to find the shots at times, but I think DP can sometimes be that way as well. Both are great when you're on your A-game. TMNT does have the Coop mode, plus you can handicap a game vs. your wife where it can be 2 vs. 1, or 3 vs. 1 so she'd have a greater chance to beat you.

Interesting - didn't realise I could handicap a game this way! May be worth discussing with her...

Quoted from tpoeckh:

I’d go TMNT. I also like Tron, and the layout is similar with TMNT being a bit more difficult but with lots to do. You mentioned both you and your wife like the theme, so it seems this would be a front-runner.

Honestly it was a front runner, especially considering I'd be happy with the Pro which would save quite a bit, but I'm concerned re people saying that its frustrating. My wife decides if she likes a game or not pretty quickly, and if she finds it frustrating at first then it's not likely to go well!

Quoted from ATLpb:

I’m a fairly skilled player whose had/played versions of all these extensively.
Stranger gets my vote.
The projector is just too cool along with the music and sound effects. It takes some dialing in and the lock mech may never work but I just enjoy playing it more and tire of it less easily.
Deadpool is ridiculously good and fun and a close second, but for skilled players it can turn into simply hitting snikt shot- which imo is a major code flaw to award pf multiplier for one flipper button press and many times on accident during MB chaos.
You’ll enjoy any of those though.

The nice thing about the Stranger Things is that it isn't NIB so should be dialed in already, but only has 50 plays so best of both worlds. I'm tempted because I think the projector + UV kit makes for a pretty unusual looking game which I think would appeal to my wife, and we both love the show... but if I'm honest, it's reputation has made me think twice. It does seem like people are coming around to the game recently though.

I think if I could get a Deadpool Premium I'd go that route, but none of those available.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JustLikeMe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-pro-vs-deadpool-pro-vs-stranger-things-premium?tu=JustLikeMe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.