Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Collin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

How do i fix the ball lock? When you shoot under van shot for the first time it says” ball lock one” , and then without touching the game the screen displays “ball lock 2”, then the game freezes. Game either needs to be reset at that point by power switch , or waiting for 5 min in hopes it finds the ball it thinks is lost. This is a nib game with 10 plays on it

#2 3 years ago

Same problem... Do you have find a solution ? A friend has the same with his tmnt pinball to...

Connector on the CN8 OK. OPTOS dont register nothing in the swirch test...

Very strange issue..

#3 3 years ago

Yup have a customers game here having an issue with the ball
Lock not seeing the ball . I went and checked everything and all was fine . Went into the test and the release post worked fine . Played a few games and worked flawlessly . The next day customer calls back saying same issue .

#4 3 years ago

Possibly a different issue but posting this just in case it helps. When we ran a launch party with 2 TMNT pros we had issues with the ball lock on both games. On BOTH games the issue turned out to be magnetized balls. New balls and the issue was resolved.

5 months later
#5 2 years ago

I had this same issue and it turned out to be a loose connector on the opto board. The opto boards for the pizza parlor (ball lock) are accessed from the bottom of the play field. Look for two slots with boards being held by a u bracket. Push in the connectors (gently). This fixed the problem for me. Hope this helps.

1 year later
#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Marangsanz:

I had this same issue and it turned out to be a loose connector on the opto board. The opto boards for the pizza parlor (ball lock) are accessed from the bottom of the play field. Look for two slots with boards being held by a u bracket. Push in the connectors (gently). This fixed the problem for me. Hope this helps.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but wanted to point out this fix seemed to work for me.

I had to remove the metal bracket held in by two screws, and re-seat a connector on one of the actual opto boards.

(I didn't have freezing, but did have the game losing count of locked balls / kicking out a ball from the lock area instead of registering a second lock. Game seems to think it has too many locked if opto 2 is dirty or has a poor connection, is my best theory)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 22.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-pro-ball-lock-freezing-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.