8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tmntsl.jpg

#1 8 years ago

I have a TMNT playfield I acquired some time ago. It's sat for years and I just pulled it out to look at it.
It's clearcoated for sure. Question: Did someone clear coat it or was this done on new ones?

This one has three spots that would need restoration but it's not really in all that bad of condition.

The worse spot is by the 20K RT INLANE where a small piece of mylar is lifting.

So were these factory mylared and/or clearcoated? Any one know for sure?

tmntsl.jpgtmntsl.jpg
#2 8 years ago

to the best of my knowledge, Data East didn't start clearing their pins until the regular size dmd pins. Games like this, batman, simpsons, bttf, etc, most, (if not all) had factory mylar.

#3 8 years ago

I have a tmnt pin just got off all the Mylar but really looking for a nice playfield any chance yours is for sale?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-playfield-clerarcoated-mylared-or-both and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.