(Topic ID: 152508)

Tmnt plastics. Do I find the two I need original or get a set?

By Fortytwo

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jorro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#1 8 years ago

Hello,
I recently got a Tmnt in decent shape. It has a few broke plastics, two are clear and I will just make new out of lexon. The other two I would like to replace, the right Outlane has a ear broke off and the peice below the pop bumpers has a chunk out of he middle but is taped back together.
If I was going to keep it forever I might put the $130 plastic set in, but a friend and his buddy came over recently, and he's begging me to sell him the game. I want to give him a decent product when I shop it just don't know if the entire plastic set is worth him paying for.
FortyTwo

#2 8 years ago

I would say, if you're going to sell it, and they are aware of the broken plastics, then leave it, and let them decide if they want to spring for a new set. But if you plan on keeping it for yourself, and you think it's worth the money for new plastics, then do it. Not sure how hard the individual pieces are to find, but the sets are available like you mentioned.

#3 8 years ago

Can you post pictures of the ones you need? I parted a playfield out years ago, if I had a picture I can check to see what is left.

#4 8 years ago

These are the three plastics I would like to replace. Realistically I can make the clear skill shot ramp cover.
Thanks
Fortytwo

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#5 8 years ago

I checked and came up empty. All I have is 2 of the turtles toys and the turtle light up sign. Sorry.

1 month later
#6 7 years ago

hello!! can you please scan this plastics?? I can reproduce the image for you and you can print it anywhere you want! Im interested because I have a TMNT and I have these same plastics missing. I guess is where it recieves most of the crazy balls!!
Looking forward for your reply!
Paulo

#7 7 years ago

For the pop bumper one I ended up making a protector. It's still cracked so I put Mylar on it and leveled it with a heat gun. This shrunk the Mylar and is holding it together real nice. For the lane guide I harassed people on eBay until I found one. In the mail now.
The clear ones I cut and sanded new ones out of lexan.
Unfortually I don't have a scanner right now. And I have a time crunch. Leaving for MGC Friday morning.
Ed

#8 7 years ago

Hi guys,
i used to own a tmt with missing plastic
i had contact wit pinside member Ed209
he has plastics scans maybe he can help you
god luck cowabunga dudes

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-plastics-do-i-find-the-two-i-need-original-or-get-a-set and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.