Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-723.jpg
IMG_0395A.jpg
IMG_0632.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freeplay40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

lexan-polycarbonate would be a good choice for vaccuforming, could be clear and tough to break.

Lexan is very difficult to vacuum form. Acrylic and PETG are the other choices of which PETG is the best. I'm making a clear PETG ramp for my High Speed right now. PETG is 7 times as durable as Acrylic and for comparison, Lexan is 17 times more durable than acrylic...but Lexan does not form well. PETG is the best and forms very well. Attached is a photo of a test pull for HS to check fit. Decided to revamp the mold to eliminate the need for the cover. Should form that on in the next day or two.

IMG_0395A.jpgIMG_0395A.jpg

#28 10 years ago

I've tried to pull polycarbonate, but at thicknesses of .100 to .125 it just does not form well and can easily bubble. Expect it would perform better at thinner thickness. PETG at .100 pulls very nicely and with good detail. I have experimented with a lot of different vacuum formers. First tried the typical home setup with a shop vac but ended up using a strong vacuum pump. Typical vacuum can pull about 4"-5" of mercury in a vacuum tube (How they measure vacuum strength). With my vacuum pump I can pull better than 24" of mercury.

1 week later
#32 10 years ago

How many separate ramps are there are TMNT?

2 weeks later
#43 9 years ago

Twisted Pins just announced they will be making ramps. You guys need to lobby them!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freeplay40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-plastic-ramps?tu=freeplay40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.