Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-723.jpg
IMG_0395A.jpg
IMG_0632.JPG
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Looking to overhaul my TMNT pin. Looking for the plastic ramps, or skill shot ramps. If you know where I can find them, please let me know.

Thanks much.

#2 10 years ago

I'm in the same boat, mine are cracked, seen better days for sure! Some please let me know too, hopefully someone out there has a few sets of these fr both of us

Thankyou

#3 10 years ago

Super hard to find. Been searching for awhile with no luck.

#4 10 years ago

Have yet to see a nice ramp on a turtles. Either it busted at the front or blown out at the back of the launch lane. Not sure if there enough demand to get james at pinball inc to make new ones. I be game for a new one myself current one is working but not something to look at. Noticed many DE machines have ramp issues was this a game speed issue or just being cheap.

#5 10 years ago

I've been looking for new ramps for my turtles for over a year now. Mine still works but is blown out at both ends. If someone is compiling a list to have repros made count me in!!!

#6 10 years ago

Shouldn't there be a way to have these reproduced using the originals as guides? Anyone know of someone that works with plastics? I'd certainly chip in to get us some new plastics.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Shouldn't there be a way to have these reproduced using the originals as guides? Anyone know of someone that works with plastics? I'd certainly chip in to get us some new plastics.

was thinking same thing, use originals for plasters then make new with maybe fiberglass cloth and epoxy resin as thick as needed so they wont get broken, might be a decent do it yourself option. epoxyglass pretty shatterproof.

#8 10 years ago

I don't have any experience doing plaster molds or fiberglass/epoxy, but I'd love a challenge, I have to keep this machine together through May, but after that, I can take it apart and try, I'd really hate to destroy my originals, does anyone have some busted ones that aren't being used I could repair and then try to make the molds from?

#9 10 years ago

Would pay handsomely for a set of replacement ramps.

#10 10 years ago

I think we're on the right track. Aren't many of the higher demand pinball plastic ramps being reproduced and sold?

My current plastics aren't broken or cracked (yet) but sure are showing their age. Hopefully someone will reproduce the TMNT plastic ramps soon.

#11 10 years ago

i agree i hope someone will reproduce them. i have one broken one and i can´t take my eyes of it when i play

#12 10 years ago

When time permits, I'll try to reach out to some of the places reproducing plastic ramps. I just ordered a new right ramp for my ToM and I've got to imagine that if they can reproduce one plastic ramp, they should be able to reproduce another. If someone else would like to reach out to them, please let me know. I presume that we would have a better shot if 10 or more of us would be on board versus just a couple people.

#13 10 years ago

What are some of the "places" you recommend CyberNinja24? I will get in contact with who ever you do...

#14 10 years ago

I've worked with Marco, Pinball Pros, Pinball Decals, Pinball Inc, and Little Shop of Games and have been impressed. Keep in mind I'm very new to the pinball hobby, so I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.

Please do me a favor and reach out to these guys and see what they can do. By the number of people wanting in on this, I'll bet we could tell them that we'd like 10+ orders.

Thanks.

#15 10 years ago

If Bakushan can get me a meet and greet with Vanilla Ice, I'll pay for his set

#16 10 years ago

Those guys are just distributing for Pinball Inc., who is the one making all the repro ramps. Call James at Pinball Inc and see how many orders would be worth the trouble. My guess is it's far more than 10.

#17 10 years ago

Good call. Thanks JayHawk.

Could someone reach out to James to see if there's any interest on his end?

Thanks.

#18 10 years ago

Add me on this list. Would love to buy a repro ramp even if I had to pay a little extra to get it done.

#19 10 years ago

I will call James tomorrow to help generate buzz too

#20 10 years ago

glad to see there are more people looking. Had actually looked at trying to make one out of lexan i had left form some other project but never got going. Got added to my whenever i have the time to kill list. Have other pinballs 3 that i can't even play waiting for parts. So my guess is some one will have them done before my lexan one get's home brewed.

#21 10 years ago

that is just awesome. hope they can ship to Iceland

#22 10 years ago

Got mine setup tonight... IMG_0632.JPGIMG_0632.JPG

#23 10 years ago

lexan-polycarbonate would be a good choice for vaccuforming, could be clear and tough to break.
fiberglass cloth and epoxy are very-very easy to work with, have done many RC model boats and one fullsize too now. for a completely new ramp, I'd 3M spray adhesive lightly and put the first layer of 4oz cloth to it, then a thin coat of mixed epoxy resin and 1-2 more layers of cloth (just saturated, cut a bit of plastic can lid to squeegee away excess) neatly to the inside and let it harden a full day. carefully peel it out of the original ramp, light sand scuff to get any spray tack off, then start laying it up from the outside to thickness needed.
might lose a mm of width (or less) for starting the layup from the inside first, less than that after block sanding smooth inside for a coat of resin or two towards surface finishing. raw will be somewhat opaque amber, not real transparent. its something that could be 1-2 hours a night, maybe mount ready in 3-4 days time, play ready couple days later... how good it looks is up to you and how carefully you go about it, its really not difficult to work with.
(the sticky stuff part can be annoying)

an alternate would be use the same stuff to repair and reenforce the original ramp, some rough scuff sanding to the outside for the epoxy to grab into, epoxying into the cracks then adding a few layers of cloth to the outside would be quicker back to playable anyhow. the rough sanded goes back to near transparent with resin, same for the light fiberglass cloth when it gets saturated, not perfectly clear but not really fugly either, playable pretty quickly at least.
typical plastic I'd span a crack 1.5" or so (3"), each layer of cloth a little shorter (1/8" less both ends) so the crack ends up having 5-6 layers behind it, spreading the impact force. sand that smooth and a thin layer of resin probably look a little clearer than not doing it.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Got mine setup tonight...

Was this machine at Texas Pin Fest??? if so, its the one I played on several times, then bought the one across the floor ... Where did you get your Instruction cards from? I really liked them!

I Changed the Action Figures on mine last night...
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-new-action-figures

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Was this machine at Texas Pin Fest??? if so, its the one I played on several times, then bought the one across the floor ... Where did you get your Instruction cards from? I really liked them!
I Changed the Action Figures on mine last night...
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-new-action-figures

Yeah. This one is mine. Ended up going down late Saturday with a part we didnt have on hand (autoplunger) which is a shame. It's a fun little game. It was my first pin.

I made the cards myself in photoshop. Did you see the one with april? LOL!

I am a huge TMNT fan. I mean massive. I hired Vanilla Ice to perform at my birthday party. No, I am not making that up. lol!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

lexan-polycarbonate would be a good choice for vaccuforming, could be clear and tough to break.

Lexan is very difficult to vacuum form. Acrylic and PETG are the other choices of which PETG is the best. I'm making a clear PETG ramp for my High Speed right now. PETG is 7 times as durable as Acrylic and for comparison, Lexan is 17 times more durable than acrylic...but Lexan does not form well. PETG is the best and forms very well. Attached is a photo of a test pull for HS to check fit. Decided to revamp the mold to eliminate the need for the cover. Should form that on in the next day or two.

IMG_0395A.jpgIMG_0395A.jpg

#27 10 years ago

I'm more familiar with polycarbonate being used for RC car bodies, its very thin but sure puts up with lots of abuse.
what I see more commonly used for RC model boat hulls is ABS, not as tough but a boat sees lots less impacts.
Freeplay, good to see another "shoppian"! I've been wanting to build a small vaccuforming table a few years now just never got the rountuit, always busy with other fun. looks like there could be a little demand for these kind of parts if someone wanted to make the molds by whatever method, might even be a worthwhile sideline

#28 10 years ago

I've tried to pull polycarbonate, but at thicknesses of .100 to .125 it just does not form well and can easily bubble. Expect it would perform better at thinner thickness. PETG at .100 pulls very nicely and with good detail. I have experimented with a lot of different vacuum formers. First tried the typical home setup with a shop vac but ended up using a strong vacuum pump. Typical vacuum can pull about 4"-5" of mercury in a vacuum tube (How they measure vacuum strength). With my vacuum pump I can pull better than 24" of mercury.

#29 10 years ago

Simply checking in. Has anyone made any headway or is someone planning on starting this project?

Thanks for all the comments. Sure would love to see this happen.

#30 10 years ago

I really hope someone takes the lead on this, it's beyond my skill set. About 6 months ago I was part of the pinbot repro light bar topper buy. A fellow pinsiders had a mold made and they came out great! They ran $170 a piece but were well worth it. The topper dome is not as complex as the turtles ramp but id say its possible!

image-723.jpgimage-723.jpg
1 week later
#31 10 years ago

im also in the market for a turtles ramp as mine had a ball bust through the back, it was a shame

#32 10 years ago

How many separate ramps are there are TMNT?

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

How many separate ramps are there are TMNT?

Just one ramp.

#34 10 years ago

I would buy a reproduction ramp, please put me on the list.

And yes, its all one big plastic ramp.

#35 10 years ago

Has anyone reached out to James yet? Or, have we found anyone that might try to recreate the ramp themselves?

It seems as though we've got some good interest here, but I have no clue what the "magic" number is to get someone to start making these.

#37 10 years ago

I emailed James, or at least his company, showing a link to this thread to show there is interest, but I've gotten no reply

#38 10 years ago

Thanks for doing that. Do we need to see how many of us there and how much we'd each be willing to pay and go from there? For example, 25 of us are willing to pay $150. This is just an example, mind you. But, then we could perhaps go to someone and say that we've got $3,750 (in this example) ready to go?

I'm just brainstorming. My plastic is good for now, but I'd gladly put a fresh one on. And, as much as I play, the old one I'm sure is on borrowed time.

#39 10 years ago

If there is a list that will be compiled, I want in! I would gladly pay $150 for a new ramp.

#41 10 years ago

Me too, 150! Please include the ramp stickers

1 week later
#42 9 years ago

theres a set of ramps and plastics for sale on ebay australia atm

#43 9 years ago

Twisted Pins just announced they will be making ramps. You guys need to lobby them!

#44 9 years ago

I can tell you that this ramp is on the "short" list for production this year. This ramp will take a little longer to produce as we don't have access to the original blueprint as it is not a Bally/Williams ramp. So before our mold maker can make a mold it will need to be reverse engineered.

#45 9 years ago

That's great news. Keep us posted.

#46 9 years ago

Yes! This is great news!

#47 9 years ago

Hope its ready before the ball goes through the back of mine!

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

I can tell you that this ramp is on the "short" list for production this year. This ramp will take a little longer to produce as we don't have access to the original blueprint as it is not a Bally/Williams ramp. So before our mold maker can make a mold it will need to be reverse engineered.

Cowabunga!

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

I sent an email to be put on the list

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-plastic-ramps/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.