(Topic ID: 336794)

TMNT PRO or JURASSIC PARK PRO

By Pinball1987

11 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“TMNT PRO or JURASSIC PARK PRO ”

• Jurassic park pro 54 votes
      75%
    • TMNT pro 18 votes
      25%

(72 votes)

#1 11 months ago

Which one would you buy. Both at the pro version. First pinball machine to own.

#2 11 months ago

Jp premium. But if you could only pick between the two, jp pro

#3 11 months ago

I’d be pretty surprised if JP doesn’t win this in a landslide.

#4 11 months ago

JP is the more accessible between the two, and arguably the better of the two. I have TMNT Pro and JP Prem. They're both challenging games, but TMNT is much more challenging from a shots and rules perspective imo.

If you haven't played both, I would suggest finding a location to play them first.

#5 11 months ago

If you haven't already go to machines and type in part of the name and then go to ratings.

You'll find how others rate each machine.

Then you may be able to make your own decision.

Robert

#6 11 months ago

I'll put it this way... I wouldn't even consider buying TMNT lol.

#7 11 months ago

If it’s nostalgia then it actually might be a hard choice!
    For a first pin go JP, as it’ll be easier to sell/trade in the near future.
    Turtles is more challenging in terms of shots imo, but I have more fun on TMNT when I play it with friends

#8 11 months ago

These are very, very different games. You should play them and trust your gut. If you can't play them, then JP Pro is a "safer" bet. Both games are difficult in their own way, but TMNT is difficult in a way that some people don't enjoy. As a "first game" and I presume "only game" right now, I suggest JP Pro. But, TMNT is a fun game. However, if you can't play them both, the safest route is JP Pro, then if you hate it, sell it and buy TMNT. It would be difficult to do it in the opposite order and come out on top.

#9 11 months ago

TMNT grows on you and would be better in a medium or larger collection. Theme is likely a big hit or a big miss for many.

JP is an absolutely brilliant pin. Arguably the GOAT.

This one’s not close. JP by a million.

#10 11 months ago

You should pick the one with oversized reptiles and a van

#11 11 months ago

I had turtles pro. Sold it miss it. Have JP premium. Love it. JP is the better shooter, but the missions in turtles are more varied and tells a story. JP is Dino capturing. There is lots to do in both. As a piece of art in the home, man turtles is a showpiece so good to look at.

I had more rage moments just missing the right ramp in turtles and draining whereas JP I find the main shots easier (exclude helipad shot and tower from this assertion). But when you finished modes in turtles much more rewarding.

As I said jp better shooter, think turtles is a bit more of a classic story driven pin. When you do a 3 way combo on either pin it’s an awesome feeling, so both have flow when you get them going. I actually miss my turtles pro more than my STh pro. Don’t believe everyone saying turtles is a terrible game. It’s not. Go out and play one and decide.

Jp premium with the animated Trex is epic. Jp pro is good too. And I would not sell my premium to get my turtles back. I am comparing a honeymoon pin with one I owned for over a year though. Tough choice. Good luck!

#12 11 months ago

I had a tmnt pro but sold it off after a few months. Great art package, sounds well done (turtle voices surprisingly not annoying). Lots of modes, deeper rules.

Not a bad game, but definitely a tougher layout with a tendency for outlane drains. After the first couple multiballs I tended to see a mode or two and that was it. The drains always felt a little annoying and held back any deeper progress into the story. I enjoyed it while it was here, but no regrets in selling it.

#13 11 months ago

Bought tmnt nib it did not last but about 1 month, not a good game (that annoying theme song), it did not have the one more game feeling with this machine, as with other newer stern machines. JP all the way, Not even close sorry.

#14 11 months ago

Hard to argue against JP on this one, both are pretty high in difficulty for a new player. JP Premium was my first pin and I had a lot of games that didn't last a minute until figuring out pinball. TMNT is also pretty brutal with outlane drains. JP is pretty linear so if you are an average or below average player you will see the same thing every game: -First or second paddock, 1 control room mod, T-Rex multiball, repeat. I do think Turtles if a bit more varied in that respect. The scoring is not very balanced and all the points come from multiball in turtles but the modes are neat. I would say play them both and let theme be the deciding factor if it is close.

5 months later
    #15 5 months ago

#16 5 months ago

Jurassic Park and its not even close.

#17 5 months ago

Mr wiggles is correct

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-or-jurassic-park-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.