(Topic ID: 25571)

TMNT - Is it really that bad? (with a side of Road Kings)

By dapperdan24

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by sven
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC01874.jpg
DSC01879.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I am looking at possibly adding this title to my collection. It would be a trade for TMNT and Road Kings for my Jurassic Park. Right away I will say that I know JP is a better player than TMNT, but I like the theme and music for TMNT, my boys are 4 and 6 and would dig the game and I would not have to leave my couch to make this trade (trader would come to me). While we are at it, any experience with Road Kings? From looking at it on the youtube, I dig the revving of the motorcycle engine in sync with the lights and it looks like it might be a nice playing machine. Your thoughts?

#2 11 years ago

I know it seems taboo to say in pin circles, but I personally like TMNT. I think it's a fun pin. To me, it's an SS pin with a DMD installed. It feels and sounds like a real SS pinball machine, but you still get the bonus of a (smaller) DMD. My son loves it, as does my daughter. He's 3.5, she's almost 8. It's also a guilty pleasure for me, as I tend to wanna play it more than my other pin right now. I have never played Road Kings. It's kinda funny, as I picked this TMNT up 2 weeks ago and my next pin is going to be a JP.

DSC01879.jpgDSC01879.jpg DSC01874.jpgDSC01874.jpg

#3 11 years ago

I have owned It for half a year before i sold It. At first i found itcool being my first dmd pin all but after a while it becomes really boring. Nothing much to do etc. As a form er owner i say dont buy, skip it

#4 11 years ago

So Phetish, you are a somewhat new owner of this machine? Do you see it having the stay power to be a part of your collection for a while?

And HB1981, you did enjoy it while it was in the collection? How long ago did you sell it off? Any regrets at all after it was gone? I noticed you have had (and currently have) some nice titles in your collection. Do you think your opinion of the game might be a bit skewed by the greatness of your other games?

#5 11 years ago

I had one for about a year. Bought it for the kids. Sadly, it had to go. Just was not enough to do.

The phrase "Everyone out of the Sewer" fits nicely.

#6 11 years ago

I have sold the game 2 years ago. I liked it the first month but tot bored. It really is Noord challenge but as you can see at my past games i traded of more games the past years

But my honest opinion. Dont tra de jp for that. It is much deeper. Tmnt really doesnt have much rules hand is not deel at all

But maybe past games spoiled me

#7 11 years ago

Thanks for the input everyone! I wouldn't be inclined to trade JP straight across for TMNT, but for TMNT and RK together I am interested. Road Kings looks like a neat game. With both machines being offered up, would that sway any of the naysayers opinions?

#8 11 years ago

Dont do the trade, keep the JP seriously you will regret it.

#9 11 years ago

RK sucks worse than TMNT...The worst System 11 game, bar none.

I get it's 2 for 1, but two turds just means twice as much shit.

#10 11 years ago

Jp is the better for sure. Dont trade. The other person isnt willing to trade 2 games for nothing.

If you are tired of your jp sell it and buy a decent replacement

#11 11 years ago

I am getting the feeling that I shouldn't do this trade...lol - My JP is a nice example too. I was interested in getting the 2 machines, getting the nostalgic value from TMNT and having them delivered without putting the effort out to go and get them all, but I think there is enough resistance from my trusted pinside community to stay away from this one. Thanks!

#12 11 years ago

I agree with most - I wouldn't do it. Pins take up enough space as is. Trading one fun game for 2 that kinda suck doesn't seem worthwhile

#13 11 years ago

DO NOT give up JP for TMNT. That's like selling a Ferrari for a Honda..... why would you do that???

#14 11 years ago

Ha! Point taken. I'll wait for a better trade option...any SoCal collectors reading with a trade offer?

#15 11 years ago

Just my 2 cents after-the-fact. I also wouldn't do it. If you're hankering to own either, I'd just hold off and wait for an opportunity to buy one. I don't see TMNT demanding THAT much cash to do a trade like this.

#16 11 years ago

Fun for a while but very simple.

#17 11 years ago

I'm interested in your JP, but I have no desire to trade TSPP for it.

#18 11 years ago

Road Kings has very simple rules but I like it still (layout, sound, audio, the challenge to score big during multiball). You'd want it to set on hard I think.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-is-it-really-that-bad-with-a-side-of-road-kings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.