(Topic ID: 334550)

TMNT Glider issue… a new one.

By sidetrackedbrew

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Scoured the forums and haven’t seen this one yet. I saw one post with a similar issue, but no resolution.
So a couple weeks ago I got a text saying there was a problem with the glider on TMNT premium. The next day at work, I find the glider FAR to the left (like, an inch past the metal of the ramp) and the glider completely immovable. I disconnected the bar that moves it, reconnected it in centered position, ordered a new servo, and waited. Servo came in a couple days ago, I spent a while getting those teeny tiny wires and connections resoldered so it would function properly, and installed it. (Also of note, when I opened the old servo there was a noticeable acrid smell… that thing burned up.)
Put it in test mode, the glider works perfectly. Every position is fine, over and over. Put the machine in attract mode and close the coin door, however, and within a few seconds the glider shoots over the left side of the ramp, and I can hear that the servo is still trying to push it. So this would be the issue that burned up the original servo motor. I’ve repeated the glider test about six times, shut the door, and within a few seconds it’s the same result, and if I don’t power it down the new servo will burn up. Thoughts on where to look from here?
(I will upload a video as soon as my internet decides it will cooperate.)

8 months later
#2 4 months ago

You get any where with this? I'm seeing glider issues as well. Mine only travels in one direction, until it hits it's maximum position. I have replaced the servo with the one recommended on the TMNT posts, I tried a new transistor controller that's under the shrink wrap, still same issue. If I go into the glider diagnostics, it does not move at all. When I engage the coin door switch, it sends a pulse to the servo and gets it to move a little. I can continue to do this until it hits its max, but only ever travels one way...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 16.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-glider-issue-a-new-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.